shape
carat
color
clarity

Fighting the battle of the bulge--Best Pilates home exercise DVD needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Well, I got married in July and now live in a household of boys. It''s not been the best for my weight. Darn that male metabolism-I eat 1/2 of what they eat and still gain weight. Anyway, after trying on my holiday satin pants and not being able to quite fasten them, I''ve decided to take action. In addition to the usual cutting calories, I''ve decided to take up Pilates. I used to do it some in the past...I had the Mari Windsor set several years ago which seemed to work but my son destroyed. So, now I''m on the hunt for a new workout DVD.

I''m looking for a floor only Pilates DVD with an exercise time of around 1/2 hour or less. The Windsor set had a 20 minute "quick" workout and then a 45 minute longer one and I used the 20 minute one the most. Right now I''d be considered a beginner again since I''ve not really done Pilates before. When I was doing them regularly I would have considered myself medium...never advanced.

Any advice on which Pilates DVD to buy?

hilbake

Rough_Rock
I''ve tried the Windsor Pilates tapes and liked them a lot, especially the 20 minute workout. The long workout can be a little too long, IMO (can you say screaming abs?!)
Why not get them again? You at least know what to expect.
Sorry, I can''t recommend any other videos, but good luck finding something!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I have the Windsor Pilates 20 minute workout, and did it for a couple months religiously. Honestly, I never saw a difference
15.gif
but I definitely was a bit more flexible. And no one can say that I wasn''t doing the exercises correctly because I took a four month class to learn the basics of Pilates before doing the workout DVD.
16.gif

But the Windsor Pilates 20 minute workout was the perfect amount of time. I just wish she didn''t "blab" so much. Once you see it a couple times, I was mouthing the words right along with her! LOL But if I tried to fastforward, I just ended up taking up more time because I would always go too far LOL.

Let me know what DVD you end up picking because I was just thinking the other day that my pants are getting a bit too tight for comfort
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I liked the Winsor Pilates but I also had alot of fun with Core Secrets which is a blend of various things...and it has the ball. Crunches with the ball? BRUTAL and I definitely saw ab improvement. You can use the tapes/dvd''s or just make your own workout with your favorites. I liked that one the best.

Oh but it''s a subscription so you have to cancel after your first DVD''s arrive (or keep getting them monthly if you like them). The first one is only like $15 so even for just the ball it''s worth it.

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
The Winsor ones are okay. I really like the Jennifer Kreis series. She thoroughly explains every move and how to properly do it.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
I love the Winsor Pilates series. I've tried other pilates series and actually extremely disliked pilates until I found Winsor. I have 3 of them that are 20 minutes, and just ordered 3 more with the resistence band. When I'm good about doing them I see a major difference. But lately I've keep falling in and out of that habit so I've just maintained my normal pudge
1.gif
The great thing about the 20 minutes is....its only 20 minutes so you have no excuse to not be able to fit it into your schedule!

ETA: I do find the best is to combine it with some form of cardio too.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the Winsor DVDs...I could stand to do those too..

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I know this is an older thread but has anyone tried the Firm?
I''m thinking of trying those out!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results