shape
carat
color
clarity

FIC diamond

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I purchased a diamond (2.5 carat, I, vvs2. Ideal round, medium fluorescence ) a few days ago that has a hca score 1.8 and is considered a FIC cut. I have been reading about this and found that these cuts are rare. I bought this from blue nile and talked to a few experts for their advice. All said it was cut well. It did have pics and looked great to me. I guess I am getting worried. Is FIC less desirable than TIC or BIC?

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Have you got the specs and pictures available to share?

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for taking a look.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
still.jpg

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The link to the stone is broken and goes to bn homepage. If you search LD08433608 it comes up. Sorry about that. It must be because it has been purchased.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In order to see the Blue Nile stone, click on the link while holding down the shift key on your keyboard. That takes you to the diamond linked.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is a complex question.
A few would look at the 36 crown angle or very slightly greater depth and say it was not as desirable.
While others(raises hand) would say kewl its a fic I like that and the numbers are just fine.
Far too many will think just because its GIA EX its the best(groan)

The numbers work and the picture looks great.

The most important question is do you love it?
If so enjoy it and don't worry you did not get an undesirable stone.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I am excited about it for sure. I didn't realize a FIC seems smaller due to the spread but it will be plenty big enough and I think I will love the fire.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think FIC may appear smaller but looks somewhat more substantial, because the entire crown really sticks out above bezel/prong when set.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Who took this picture? I think this diamond looks very desirable.

EDIT: Oh OK, Bluenile took the picture. Very nice diamond.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Luvs me a FIC! :love: Enjoy - great choice.

Please post some hand shots.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Y'all are making me very happy that I chose this diamond! And, wow, I didn't know anything about diamonds! I actually completed the purchase before I found this site or knew about HCA, FIC, or much more than 4cs, lol. Guess I really lucked out. The one time my impulsiveness pays off! Haha good thing because this will probably be my last diamond - it's an upgrade and I can't see me ever wanting larger.

I will post pic when I get it. It is a special order Bella Vaughan so it will be here in a few weeks. The setting is why I went with blue nile. No question the setting was perfect for me.

62462_profile

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results