shape
carat
color
clarity

Fendi Crazy Carats Repair

SparkleC

Shiny_Rock
I love my Fendi Crazy Carats watch. I've had it about three years and this is the second time it needs a battery. I don't love that! I live in a very small town in South Dakota with limited local services. No one around here (including Fargo and Sioux Falls) is an authorized Fendi shop that I've been able to find. Last time this happened I shipped it to a place in New Jersey but it looks like they have gone out of business. Does anyone have a recommendation for a reputable Fendi authorized watch repair shop I can send it to?

Many thanks!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my Fendi Crazy Carats watch. I've had it about three years and this is the second time it needs a battery. I don't love that! I live in a very small town in South Dakota with limited local services. No one around here (including Fargo and Sioux Falls) is an authorized Fendi shop that I've been able to find. Last time this happened I shipped it to a place in New Jersey but it looks like they have gone out of business. Does anyone have a recommendation for a reputable Fendi authorized watch repair shop I can send it to?

Many thanks!
Does the watch have a warranty still in place?

If not, I'm tempted to say that you should just get the battery changed locally by a place that has a water resistance tester available, to make sure it remains watertight after the battery change.

A battery change is basically just removing the back, swapping the battering, greasing the rubber seals with silicon grease, then replacing the back - which is why $$$ costs for a battery replacement wind me up! (Watch-related pun intended ;-) :lol: )

SparkleC

Shiny_Rock
@OoohShiny LOVE your watch humor. :lol-2:

Yes, it is out of Warrenty. I should just take it down to Sioux Falls next time I'm down there. I'm one of those take the car back to the dealership for an oil change kind of gals, so I guess this just carries over into other areas of my life. But you're right...better to get it fixed and enjoy it than have it sitting in a drawer somewhere.

Thanks for the kick in the butt I needed to get this done!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@OoohShiny LOVE your watch humor. :lol-2:

Yes, it is out of Warrenty. I should just take it down to Sioux Falls next time I'm down there. I'm one of those take the car back to the dealership for an oil change kind of gals, so I guess this just carries over into other areas of my life. But you're right...better to get it fixed and enjoy it than have it sitting in a drawer somewhere.

Thanks for the kick in the butt I needed to get this done!
If you don't ever get it wet, you don't intend to sell it, and it's not worth $$$$+, I see no reason to go back to the manufacturer and pay them $$$ for a 15 minute job! :lol:

Ask the place if they silicon grease the seals when they do the change, which should help stop gaskets from cracking or drying out and help retain water resistance, but if you don't ever get it wet intentionally, it shouldn't be an issue in the end either way - plenty of watches in the world that aren't water resistant do just fine in day-to-day life with a bit of forethought and care! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results