shape
carat
color
clarity

Female Mccain''s VP pick

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
It was a joke, deco. I mean, c''mon.

goobear78

Brilliant_Rock
There''s an interesting article about Palin''s approval ratings going down in Alaska in the Anchorage Daily News. Seems some people are unhappy with the McCain campaign "running" Alaska. Although, her approval rating has stayed strong with Alaska Republicans.

If you are interested here''s the link to the paper''s story.

http://www.adn.com/sarah-palin/story/542179.html

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 10:37:03 AM
Author: decodelighted
Date: 10/1/2008 8:43:03 AM

Author: HollyS

Date: 9/30/2008 9:59:10 PM

Date: 9/30/2008 8:11:03 PM

Date: 9/30/2008 7:49:20 PM

PALIN''S LIPLINER IS A TATTOO ... heh.
3.gif

Does it matter? If she gets Botox, does it matter? If she''d had a face lift, would it matter? If she''d had lipo, would it matter? If she colors her hair, does it matter? If she gets waxed, does it matter? If she has her mustache bleached, does it frikkin'' matter?

Let''s at least skewer the woman on the issues.

''Issues'' like accusing Obama of being a Muslim because he wore a Muslim-y outfit one time?? If Biden had tattooed on eyebrows or hairplugs or facial piercings ... I''m just SO SURE you''d turn a blind eye.
20.gif

Palin: Just LOVE TO LOATHE HER!
9.gif

Yes, the possibility of Obama having any familiarity in a religious group that most people in middle America would consider to be controversial, is an issue, and you will find that it will remain an issue come election day. Joe Biden having any cosmetic procedure, on eyebrows or not, shouldn''t raise any eyebrow. Except for people wondering why he''s so vain. I don''t personally give a rat''s patootie. And, really, since we have page after page of the ''Palin faked her own pregancy'' nonsense here, why exactly are you finger-pointing?
20.gif

I don''t think you will find too many of us Obama dissenters saying we ''love to loathe him''. I''m none too fond, but he doesn''t get under my skin . . . even though his ears are too small for his head. He looks like the ''Little Bill'' cartoon all grown up!
9.gif

Lemmie get this straight: commenting on things a candidate CAN control (cosmetic proceedures etc) is shallow & unnecessary. But commenting on WHAT NATURE GAVE THEM (ears) is a-ok in your ''issues only please'' judgment??

And *I* never complained about shallow topics. It''s all part of it. Access Hollywood exactly. Just pointed the finger BACK at some newly holier-than-thou posters who seem to have had a change of heart since the ''crisis'' hit.

NEWSFLASH: For some of us in America ... it''s been a CRISIS for quite a while now.
5.gif

And who are these holier-than-thou posters? I''d love to know..

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 4:08:07 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS

Date: 10/1/2008 10:37:03 AM

Date: 10/1/2008 8:43:03 AM

Date: 9/30/2008 9:59:10 PM

Date: 9/30/2008 8:11:03 PM

Date: 9/30/2008 7:49:20 PM

PALIN''S LIPLINER IS A TATTOO ... heh.
3.gif

Does it matter? If she gets Botox, does it matter? If she''d had a face lift, would it matter? If she''d had lipo, would it matter? If she colors her hair, does it matter? If she gets waxed, does it matter? If she has her mustache bleached, does it frikkin'' matter?

Let''s at least skewer the woman on the issues.

''Issues'' like accusing Obama of being a Muslim because he wore a Muslim-y outfit one time?? If Biden had tattooed on eyebrows or hairplugs or facial piercings ... I''m just SO SURE you''d turn a blind eye.
20.gif

Palin: Just LOVE TO LOATHE HER!
9.gif

Yes, the possibility of Obama having any familiarity in a religious group that most people in middle America would consider to be controversial, is an issue, and you will find that it will remain an issue come election day. Joe Biden having any cosmetic procedure, on eyebrows or not, shouldn''t raise any eyebrow. Except for people wondering why he''s so vain. I don''t personally give a rat''s patootie. And, really, since we have page after page of the ''Palin faked her own pregancy'' nonsense here, why exactly are you finger-pointing?
20.gif

I don''t think you will find too many of us Obama dissenters saying we ''love to loathe him''. I''m none too fond, but he doesn''t get under my skin . . . even though his ears are too small for his head. He looks like the ''Little Bill'' cartoon all grown up!
9.gif

Lemmie get this straight: commenting on things a candidate CAN control (cosmetic proceedures etc) is shallow & unnecessary. But commenting on WHAT NATURE GAVE THEM (ears) is a-ok in your ''issues only please'' judgment??

And *I* never complained about shallow topics. It''s all part of it. Access Hollywood exactly. Just pointed the finger BACK at some newly holier-than-thou posters who seem to have had a change of heart since the ''crisis'' hit.

NEWSFLASH: For some of us in America ... it''s been a CRISIS for quite a while now.
5.gif

And who are these holier-than-thou posters? I''d love to know..

Me and you, kiddo. Actually, I am pretty lily-white!
9.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Ahem. The rule is that if you don''t name them in your original post, you don''t have to later.
DUH.

lol I''m loving the word "duh" today.

9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 7:02:12 PM
Author: MoonWater
Why watching Sarah Palin is agony for women
Thanks for posting this Moon, it sums up so eloquently so much of what I have been feeling and thinking for several days now. So much so, that I started a thread in here 3 times today about this very sentiment, but chucked it each time. Not sure why, just did.

But to sum up what I was going to say, I am angry. Angry at McCain for not caring more about the people and this country than to put one of the, if not the, most ill equipped people as his running mate. The person who, should something happen to him, would be taking care of us. Someone he met, what, once? Way to go McCain, your thoughtlessness and desire to win is only superceded by your extreme intent to bury us even farther in debt than we already are. Country first? Please.

And while on a smaller level than I used to, I feel sorry for SP. She is making a fool of herself in front of this, and every other nation. But then, she had to know how much she didn't know, and yet, she didn't care enough about the extreme importance of the postion to put her aspirations aside. She doesn't give a rip about us, period. So, I'm more angry at her, for her obvious selfishness.

I normally keep my political thoughts to myself, but this has been eating at me to the point I had to have a small vent.

God help us all if they win.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco, I hope you are not finger pointing at me. I know this country has been in a crisis for a while. My husband deals a lot with the banking world and sees many troubled businesses. And I do not like Sarah Palin really at all, what I know of her. Maybe she is a lovely person. But I think it becomes beyond silly when hairplugs and lip liner tattooing and such become NEWS. I mean, I heard of a woman in some town who does the news. She HAPPENS to wear glasses and SOMETIMES wears her hair up. She does NOT LOOK LIKE SARAH PALIN other than that, and she is getting HATE mail. She has been there for years, and suddenly, though she always wore glasses and sometimes put up her hair, NOW she is getting death threats by people who feel she looks like Sarah Palin and they have decided not only do they hate her, but this woman, who has nothing to do with, should be off the air and threatened with death. COME ON. Is this reasonable? Not to me.

I love this country but it is in sorry shape. I do not like Obama nor do I think McCain is the answer, but last time I checked those are our choices. Boo.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/1/2008 7:02:12 PM
Author: MoonWater
Why watching Sarah Palin is agony for women
OMG! I laughed! And then I almost DID cry.... This article is SO utterly true, and this line hit the nail on the head for me:

"Palin won''t bust through the ceiling that has Hillary''s 18 million cracks in it. She''ll give men an excuse to replace it with a new one."

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
As for finger-pointing ... I only meant to defend myself against the SHAMING reaction to my lipliner post. Sure there are serious issues going on but HELLO we''re a gossipy girly forum with posts about everything from Bling to Idol. I post things that I think are noteworthy, not necessarily NEWSworthy and I think its pretty ridiculous and hypocritical to be all appalled & judge-y of the POSTER, namely ME. I didn''t invent the story. It spoke to the parts of me that are already in YICK with her. WhatEVER.

I have no ill feelings about anyone in particular. And ya can''t SHAME someone who doesn''t feel a tish guilty about it. If everyone else is gonna play in the mud I''m not gonna prance around in a white pantsuit.
5.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco, I did not mean you at all, I am happy to read all things here. I merely think nationally it sort of denudes the importance of the election and makes us look like idiots. I mean, hey, we are all interested from time to time in who is wearing what to an awards show, how the stars look awesome and what hairstyle is great, but this seemed to be a bit much to me. Someone cannot help their skin color or what their ears look like. I have no issue if someone wants to cover grey hair or thinks their eyebrows are too thin. But it should not be a huge news topic during this time, I can barely deal with the real crap let alone adding this to things! And I am a bit vain so I have no issues with someone wanting to improve what G*d gave them...so it is not that at all, though I only highlight and color my hair and had a nose job at 16 (in the interest of full disclosure here!).

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
This article was just published on one of our news service blogs that Biden will retire after the debate to allow Obama to put Hilary in as his VP. Any of you guys heard this?
VP

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...katebar, rumors have been floating around that they will replace Palin after the debate as well.

I don't know what to believe any more.

ETA: I found the comments on that article to be very pro-Obama. They seem to think that Palin is....lacking.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 11:32:15 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Hmmm...katebar, rumors have been floating around that they will replace Palin after the debate as well.

I don''t know what to believe any more.

ETA: I found the comments on that article to be very pro-Obama. They seem to think that Palin is....lacking.
Yeah, the Aussies around here did say that the media over there is pro-Obama in general.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 10:58:21 PM
Author: katebar
This article was just published on one of our news service blogs that Biden will retire after the debate to allow Obama to put Hilary in as his VP.
Wow ... that is a pretty elaborate conspiracy theory! To summerize: Biden will obliterate Palin in the debate by bullying her - then will feign some kind of sudden onset medical issue & leave the ticket due to health reasons, clearing the way for the clean-hands-Hillary to step in. But the GOP is "onto it" now and want to publicize the plan in advance in order to cut off the surprise attack??

Yikes. Don''t know what to make of that one.
23.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s just another rumor. I can''t imagine with Obama being ahead in the most recent polls, he would do this.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I can't picture someone as narcissistic as Biden stepping down.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Plus add to that there is some time frame where a name cannot be removed from the ballot no matter what. I recall an election where the candidate was killed in a plane crash and his name was on the ballot and could not be removed or the ballot reprinted. I think he even got a lot of votes! So that makes no sense to me as a strategy.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Narcissism is synonymous with Sarah Palin.
In addition to excessive ignorance and arrogance of course.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results