shape
carat
color
clarity

Feedback on these demantoids? And is anyone familiar with eBay seller CaratsGems?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they would make for lovely side stones. The color is just ok, but the cutting and the sparkle are great. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with that seller.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I purchased an inexpensive chryso from them a couple of years ago. I found the video was much more accurate than the photo or description (happily for me because that was what I wanted).

hobbitfancier55

Shiny_Rock
I think they would make for lovely side stones. The color is just ok, but the cutting and the sparkle are great. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with that seller.
Yes I actually like that the color is a little lighter, because the center stone is light as well.

hobbitfancier55

Shiny_Rock
I purchased an inexpensive chryso from them a couple of years ago. I found the video was much more accurate than the photo or description (happily for me because that was what I wanted).
That makes me feel better. I really like they way they look in the video.

hobbitfancier55

Shiny_Rock
I took a chance and ordered. Will report back when I get them :) thinking I may use them as side stones with my spinel, and set them so they're tilted to be a diamond shape rather than the traditional square. Decisions.
IMG_2833.JPG
IMG_2888.jpg

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I took a chance and ordered. Will report back when I get them :) thinking I may use them as side stones with my spinel, and set them so they're tilted to be a diamond shape rather than the traditional square. Decisions.
IMG_2833.JPG
IMG_2888.jpg
Gorgeous! I was looking at those stones today before I saw your thread. I'm glad you got them!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just be careful with them, both setting and wearing since demantoids are occasional wear stones and are the most delicate of the garnet family.

hobbitfancier55

Shiny_Rock
Just be careful with them, both setting and wearing since demantoids are occasional wear stones and are the most delicate of the garnet family.
I was thinking about bezel setting them, so maybe that will lesson the chances of damaging them.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The crown area is still exposed and the bench you select has to be very highly skilled because bezeling means pressing metal down against the stone. Too much pressure isn't good for the demantoid.

Jopdrop

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Did you receive these yet and what did you think of them? I got a pair from the same seller and I am quite thrilled with them. The cut is amazing.

hobbitfancier55

Shiny_Rock
Yes! I will try and post photos. I hadn't posted any yet because I didn't feel like any I took did them justice. I don't know how y'all ladies take such nice photos. No matter what light I tried to take them in (natural, fluorescent, etc.), all the pics made the color look more washed out and brown than it is in real life.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here are my horrible pictures with the spinel in the center.

328.JPG
329.JPG
330.JPG
I think your demantoids and spinel are beautiful! I am the worst photographer on Pricescope, so I am forever taking pics that don't do my poor stones justice.

Katesimone

Rough_Rock
They look amazing together! That is going to make a spectacular ring!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really like the combination! Demantoids are so pretty.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results