shape
carat
color
clarity

Feedback on GOG ring for a newbie? (specs listed)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jsparrow

Rough_Rock
I have been lurking on these sites for quite some time and finally joined and posted.

I am looking to purchase a ring sooner rather than later and I am looking for something around 1.6 ct, G-H, VS2 at a good price. Any advice on the specs would be much appreciated.

I noticed that the WF ACA rings are more expensive for relatively same specs (2-3K more). Are those rings that much better and does anyone know why they are more expensive?

Any thoughts on GOG rings? Can I expect an amazing ring? I have looked at Tiffany's (only place) and was hoping for comparable quality. I have listed the ring that I am currently eyeing which is listed at $13.5K. Is this a good price? Specs listed below. Thanks in advance!
35.gif

Round 1.58ct H VS2
AGS Cut Grade: Ideal
GIA Cut Grade: Excellent
Optical Symmetry: Superior
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: Faint
Girdle: 1.16%
Culet: None
Lab Report: GIA

Width: 7.47mm
Depth: 4.66mm
Length: 7.50mm
Table Percentage: 54.08%
Depth Percentage: 62.24%
Crown Ú: 35.23‹
Crown Depth: 16.30%
Pavilion Ú: 40.84‹
Pavilion Depth: 43.14%
Upper Girdle Ú: 42.03‹
Lower Girdle Ú: 42.12‹

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi j,

Yes, you can get an amazing ring from GOG, that''s where I got mine. And I think it''s pretty amazing.
9.gif

Seriously though, they carry great stones, and you have one here.

WF''s ACA''s are a branded diamond, so they can demand a bit higher price. I don''t notice them always being that much higher though. And that does not mean they are better than any other stones, but it does mean that you are assured a beautiful diamond.

They are both great companies to work with.

To get back to this stone, my thumbs are up.
2.gif

MWG

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Jsparrow,

I would trust GOG...... they have amazing jewelry. I would buy from them, but Whiteflash is just 3 hours from my house, so I will be buying from them. Good Luck

MWG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Men In Pearls
    Men In Pearls
    Celebrating The Life Of Elsa Peretti
    Celebrating The Life Of Elsa Peretti
    Recovering Diamonds From The Depths
    Recovering Diamonds From The Depths

Need expert help finding that diamonds?

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.