shape
carat
color
clarity

FEAST at Round Hill

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Have you been to a wedding here? Right now, it''s at the top of our list. They have outdoor space/indoor space. Right budget, sort of laid back but formal feel, not to far from NYC...

I can''t find much by way of others who were married here.

Also, we are open to suggestions, we''ve got a bit of time to play with. Tappan Hill is out, Mohonk Mt. House seems too restrictive (5 hour max including ceremony).

But these are the types of places we are considering. Ideally, something where we can come in and rent the place out for the entire day, or better yet the weekend. So much planning and people traveling for it to be done in 5 hours...geesh.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Hi! When are you looking to get married. Right now most of the places have lowered their prices in the Hudson Valley for 09. We are getting married in the Catskills so I''m pretty familar with a lot of the places, there are so many.

First off we looked at FEAST for both of their locations and I can''t remember why we didn''t go visit. I can''t remember but I thought this was the place that they only let you do a daytime wedding? Mohonk is a great location but...a few years ago we actually looked at doing a corporate even event there and they are just way too strict. If my memory serves me correctly they do not have a liquor license and your wedding has to start at 12 noon. That and it is about $250 for a basic room there.

Here are some of my other suggestions that I loved. http://www.monteverderestaurant.com/ http://www.thegarrison.com/ http://www.fullmoonresort.com/ http://www.westparkwinery.com/ http://www.emersonresort.com/ http://www.bluehillfarm.com/

OMG...there are so many more! If you are intrested I spoke with Tammy who owns Charmed Places last week. They specialize in finding locations in the hudson valley that don''t normally rent to the public. Its not too expensive either.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never been to a wedding at Round Hill, but I did go and visit with FI. The whole space (inside and outside) was beautiful and I think you''ll have a lovely wedding there. The only thing about them that turned me off is that they weren''t very flexible with getting beers/wines that they didn''t already offer (we absolutely want to offer our favorite beer on tap, but this probably isn''t an issue with the vast majority of couples
3.gif
). They also weren''t very flexible on their food choices, but again, we''re picky and wanted to change some things, while most people would be happy to just take their standard options. Other than that, they were a great place. A little tricky to get to ... but if you make a weekend out of it that won''t matter so much. Let us know if you decide to go with Round Hill!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
emeraldlover1-Thanks so much for the suggestions. We have a bit of time to play with in finding a great space. I am in grad school right now, so we are planning for a 2010 summer-fall wedding. If you do happen to think of what made you rule out Feast, I''m all ears. They have been very diligent at following up on e-mails and sending a folder of menus and rates within two days from requesting by snail mail.

The garrison and Blue Hill Farm look like they are right up our alley as well. The so many more? What else can I pluck from your hard earned searches? Actually...the Tammy suggestion is much appreciated. I''m still hoping we can find something without professional help, but I don''t want it to consume my life looking either.

ElrohwenThanks for your feed back! I totally get the concept of wanting your specific type of beers...df started with wanting to customize everything, but realized it meant we really needed to do EVERYTHING, or give up control where we could. So, it''s not a first priority.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I don''t remember why. After I decided on our location I got rid of all the other venue information that I had. I''m sure you understand, living in nyc I don''t have any room for all that stuff.

We are actually getting married here: www.onteora.com You have to see the place to realize how amazing it is but the only downside is the site fee is high. He has temporarily lowered his prices due to the economy and wasn''t willing to do anything for us. So, I''m slightly bitter at the moment but it is still a great place and hopefully by our wedding I''ll have gotten over it. If you do go up an check it out please mention my name, Heather. The only hope i have now is if he thinks I''m still saying good things.

I saw your post about the place on the ashokan res. Very nice! I fear with that place the planning will be so much more because of all the stuff you will have to rent yourself. It just adds more vendors and more coordinaiton into the mix. The reason I suggested our place is because the views are amazing and they book the caterer for you.

As I mentioned there are a lot of other places that I found on the other side of the river. Its not the catskills but they have river views. I found them when we were looking for a place for our rehersal dinner so I''ll do some digging around and see what I can find. I understand not wanting to go with a planner however if you aren''t finding exactly what you are looking for Tammy is your girl cause the specialize in finding places. However, I would have still done all that work on my own. She helped me find a floral designer last week that I would not have found without her help.

Ohh...I just remembered another one. Bear Cafe in woodstock has this renovated theater that over looks the Espos river. Its really cute and the food is good there. We got prices for our rehersal dinner there but he wanted to charge us like is was a wedding.

cutiegirl84

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I haven''t personally been to a wedding there, but I booked it for my July 2010 wedding. I really liked the outside gardens which if its not too hot will be great for cocktail hour, and the price was good, and the food is great. They really include a lot in the package but I will be adding some stations on for the cocktail hour. I really think it''s beautiful and everyone I have worked with so far has been great. Hope that helps!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Cutiegirl. How great for you to have already locked in the place! It is one of our top 2 ideas at the moment. Were there areas of the contract that you customized? Do you know if it is possible to either negotiate for more hours or to add more on? We will likely be having our ceremony at our venue, and worry about the 5 hour start to finish...doesn''t seem like enough time for a reception!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
emeraldlover1 Onteora is BEAUTIFUL based on the photos. I love the paper lanterns hanging from the beams, are they always there? They seem to show up in a lot of shots. Your suggestions have been great off-shoot searching threads as I come up with different ways to word things in google.

If the price reduction was worth it, and your deposit hasn''t been significant, I would think your wedding is still far enough away that you could leverage the owner about finding a different space. Or maybe a, "do to the economy, we are considering other spaces, and have gotten some more competitive offers from places we had previously ruled out. Would you care to change your tune?..."

That would make me bitter too...though of course, I''m sure they are trying to hold onto every dime they make in this economy as well.

cutiegirl84

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/20/2009 8:16:52 AM
Author: mayachel
Hey Cutiegirl. How great for you to have already locked in the place! It is one of our top 2 ideas at the moment. Were there areas of the contract that you customized? Do you know if it is possible to either negotiate for more hours or to add more on? We will likely be having our ceremony at our venue, and worry about the 5 hour start to finish...doesn''t seem like enough time for a reception!
Hi mayachel--

We didn''t really customize the contract; rather we clarified a few terms. You can add on more hours for additional fees, and if you have the ceremony there you get extra time in addition to the 5 hour reception. Plus you have the place all day to get ready and for vendors and stuff so you can start at any time.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results