shape
carat
color
clarity

FCD OEC or CS halo for antique pear

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
Hi CS'ers! May I ask for your brainstorming power please? Hubs surprised me with a gorgeous antique pear diamond. So now I'm trying to come up with setting ideas.
At the moment I've having two different ideas but I'm certainly happy for others!
I've had a fancy yellow OEC for awhile now so I'm wondering if I could set them together.....

or

I'm thinking about maybe a CS halo around the pear. I'd love onyx but hubs does NOT like it at all. So maybe rubies or sapphires?

So CS's what would you do? Here are some pics of the pear & the FCD together.

img_6526.jpg

img_6527.jpg

img_0049.jpg

img_0050.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would also be helpful to know your budget.

You could do some sort of bypass ring, but what styles do you like?

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, I want to do a ring in platinum. Very very top of the budget is $3k to $4k but ideally less than that. Here's an inspiration photo I've had for a while if I were to use the FCD OEC.....

pear_and_rounds_0.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So no melee? That's a nice design. I would of course remove the third tier of that ring since there's no third diamond, and take the pear and move it sideways across the round, like this bypass ring with the pear.

emerald-and-diamond-bypass-ring_1_.jpg

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
For this three stone - no I wouldn't use melee. But if I went the halo route....... (AND I may even be getting hubby to come around on using onyx)

If I do this three stone - I would add a third OEC just not sure yet on what color. Try and find either another FCD or a low low color perhaps. Or close to the pear's color

Or I'm thinking about a halo of onyx (or maybe sapphire or ruby) then diamond melee on the outside. Though I also love this inspiration with rubies and onyx. I also like the scalloped look on the outside edge.

I plan on this being an everyday ring - will that be OK if I use onyx?

Thanks TL!

643905.jpeg

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
I think onyx is very commonly treated so it'd be easier to avoid it, but I'm not sure. Black spinel has a similar look and it's harder and less likely to have treatment, and also inexpensive.

Imo if you really want some black in there you should go with it. It's not like your husband is gonna wear the ring.

TL is totally going to encourage you toward the halo ;))

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LoversKites|1420130639|3810479 said:
I think onyx is very commonly treated so it'd be easier to avoid it, but I'm not sure. Black spinel has a similar look and it's harder and less likely to have treatment, and also inexpensive.

Imo if you really want some black in there you should go with it. It's not like your husband is gonna wear the ring.

TL is totally going to encourage you toward the halo ;))

Ditto to using black spinel, but I just found out some manufacturers coat it to make it more iridescent, so get your stones from a reputable dealer.

diamondenvy1

Rough_Rock
Trade
Onyx is extremely durable so every day wear is no issue. I love your inspiration photo though with the bezels!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results