shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite way to get exercise in???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/20/2008 11:48:48 AM
Author: dragonfly411
Jas - Two questions. Can you explain more about what the Zumba tapes are and what they are focused around? What all is included with the Yoga Booty Ballet?
Zumba is pretty much all dance with a couple of strength moves in there (it''s been a little while, so that may not be entirely accurate) -- it''s a serious cardio dance tape. There is a section where they teach you the moves...lotsa Latin dance. You''ll definitely work up a sweat.

I purchased practically the whole line o'' YBB tapes...I don''t remember if a workout band thingie was included. You''ll definitely need some light weights and a band thingie. It''s more a mixture of yoga and there is ballet in there, but some tapes in the series are more cardio than anything. Some of the tapes are more ballet...the yoga is usually about the same in each (6-8 minutes). I lurves my YBB, but it''s awfully silly at times. If you have a dog, he/she may want to join in...mine loved all the downward dog stretches, of course.

HTH

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I will have to try the YBB I think it would be fun.

My puppy joins me in all of my work outs. This is how it goes ....
"ooo mom is working out.... my time to step in" - puppy lays down at mom''s feet as she does mountain posture
"K you''re bending over.... lemme kiss your nose" - wet sloppy on the nose
"Now you''re sitting down, this means I get in your lap and you scratch my back to stretch those fingers" - gets in mom''s lap.... mom shuffles pup to the side
" But mom, this is how it works, you gotta stretch " - gets back in mom''s lap
Mom abandons all work out to scratch pupper tummy
"yeah, that''s the spot"
Mom puts pup aside and tells her she has to do crunches. Lays on back. Pup climbs onto mom''s stomach
"What ya doin? Ok I''ll count, and one and two and three..." Mom sighs in frustration, pup runs to the other side of the room, grabs ball "we can do THIS as an alternative K?!!"

Mom plays ball..... Mom is well trained
20.gif

Laurie2

Shiny_Rock
When its just me I walk the neighborhood. FI and I hike trails near our home and ride bikes. I also have a DVD by Leslie Sansone called "Walk away the pounds". I really like doing that one now since its getting so hot and humid out. I have diabetes so daily exercise is an absolute must for me.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2008 9:02:45 PM
Author: Laurie2
When its just me I walk the neighborhood. FI and I hike trails near our home and ride bikes. I also have a DVD by Leslie Sansone called ''Walk away the pounds''. I really like doing that one now since its getting so hot and humid out. I have diabetes so daily exercise is an absolute must for me.
Great idea!!!

I love mowing the lawn lately, works the booty. hehe

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
my favorite way to sneak in exercise is the fitness videos on comcast''s OnDemand. they have dozens of workout videos that you can use anytime you want, and there''s a really good variety (cario, weights, abs, etc). right now there is a "bridal bootcamps" series that i LOVE. i get an extra ab workout trying to keep my balance while laughing my butt off at the British lady telling me how not to worry about my future in laws and to focus on how jealous my bridesmaids will be when they see how fabulous my butt looks in my dress. it''s entertaining, so the time goes by fast.

FI and i also play tennis and i try to use our elliptical a couple times a week.

vs

Rough_Rock
I play tennis 2-3 times a week and go to spinning classes (at 6:15 a.m.!) at least 2 times a week. I also go to a pilates studio and work with an instructor (on the reformer) once a week. Now that my daughters'' are out of school, we also go for walks and hike.
Like Laurie, I also have type 2 diabetes, so I try to work out every day.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
What a great thread! And what a great section of PS! The unobservant me just noticed it!

I set a schedule for exercise and I do not deviate. M, W, F mornings are workout days. I do not skip unless I am very sick. Even if I feel just a little bad I lift light weights and do lunges and squats at the least. We have Directtv and I use the FITtv programming a lot. My new fave is Shimmy. It is belly dancing. WOW...I have muscles in places I never knew existed. I also like Bodies in Motion and In Shape with Sharon Mann. Many times I throw in a Jane Fonda or Buns of Steel DVD. I don''t really care what I do as long as it is something.

Other things I do is parking far away or if I have a few errands to run in the same shopping center - which can be huge - I park once and walk. I play with the kids a lot. They think I am in a secret badmitton group after they go to bed because I beat the pants off of them every time we play. Since it''s warmer we have been swimming a lot, too. Sometimes while the boys are at practice I take a walk. I used to do this a lot, but, with DD being 5 she hardly wants to ride in the stroller anymore and she can''t keep up.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2008 9:02:14 PM
Author: Miranda
What a great thread! And what a great section of PS! The unobservant me just noticed it!

I set a schedule for exercise and I do not deviate. M, W, F mornings are workout days. I do not skip unless I am very sick. Even if I feel just a little bad I lift light weights and do lunges and squats at the least. We have Directtv and I use the FITtv programming a lot. My new fave is Shimmy. It is belly dancing. WOW...I have muscles in places I never knew existed. I also like Bodies in Motion and In Shape with Sharon Mann. Many times I throw in a Jane Fonda or Buns of Steel DVD. I don''t really care what I do as long as it is something.

Other things I do is parking far away or if I have a few errands to run in the same shopping center - which can be huge - I park once and walk. I play with the kids a lot. They think I am in a secret badmitton group after they go to bed because I beat the pants off of them every time we play. Since it''s warmer we have been swimming a lot, too. Sometimes while the boys are at practice I take a walk. I used to do this a lot, but, with DD being 5 she hardly wants to ride in the stroller anymore and she can''t keep up.
Wow, good workout, Miranda!!! I bet people will love your dvd suggestions you like!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
this thread is perfect timing. i just discovered the best thing ever. my digital cable provider has a section called exercise tv. it''s basically workouts ready whenever you are. hubs and i started doing the yoga/pilates ones. we even bought yoga mats because our hardwood floors are definitely not made for yoga! anyway, we''ve been doing yoga/pilates about 4 times a week. it''s sooo nice and relaxing right before bed. love love love it!

exercise tv also has a ton of other workout options, we just really enjoy the yoga/pilates section though.

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
I like to work out from 7-8 PM about 3-4 times a week at the gym. I do 45mins on the elliptical then lift weights for the rest of the time.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Ooohh...good thread!

I try to do cardio 4-5 x week, whether that means running outdoors (love) or on the treadmill (do not love) and add weight training. Sometimes, on weekends or after work, BF and I go upstate a bit and run on the hiking trails (talk about being dead after a workout!). I also do yoga on Saturday mornings when I can. I recently ordered a workout DVD called 30-DAY SHRED. Those of you who watch Biggest Loser, it's Jillian Michaels. I read the reviews on Amazon and supposedly its only 20 min long (3 Levels from beg to adv--when you're pressed for time, its supposed to be great) and very intense...we'll see!

ETA: Kickboxing does the trick too!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/19/2008 6:55:07 PM
Author: steph72276
Well, I just bought my hubby a Nintendo Wii for his bday and I was rolling my eyes b/c I''m not really into video games, BUT....there is the sports games and we have been playing tennis every night after the little one goes to sleep and it really works up a sweat (and it is fun to beat him too
2.gif

They''ve actually started making a program called "Wii Fit" It comes with a step like thing, and it gives lots of exercise challenges. It keeps a log of how often you use the program and for how long as well, and it is sure to tell you, "Hey, you haven''t exercised in 3 days..." if you start skipping. My MIL has it, and my DH and his friends and I played with it one night. It has simple step work outs, yoga, flexibility, strength, and other things. I dunno that it''s the best work out, but it has to be better than nothing.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Running and weight lifing are my favorate ways to stay fit. Running on the beach or in the park near my house is how I keep myself motivated when I start to get lazy.

I also just bought pair of rollerblades and I am having a blast with them.

I would like to get more into water sports since I live on the beach.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I like to wait until my son goes down for his nap (I can''t get up & exercise at the crack of dawn) and then I get on the treadmill. I try to run 2.5 miles a day, but there are some days when I only get a mile in, or just walk a couple of miles if I really don''t have the energy to jog. In the afternoons, I also like to take my sone & the dog for a walk around the neighborhood, which is another way to get some exercise in, especially for busy moms - keeps the kid happy too.

Before children, I actually had a gym membership, but I really don''t have time for that now. If you''re too busy, a walk after diiner, with your dog, husband, or just by yourself, are really nice and can make you feel really good, especially after eating.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results