shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite way to get exercise in???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi, I thought it would be fun to start a thread on working out in any shape or form and it may inspire others to get out and do something if they haven''t already.
3.gif
9.gif
Let''s talk about what you like to do or want to try and others can chime in w/advice if you have a question. Or any tips you have that may help others like time of day you like to workout etc.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I''ll start by saying that I love love love love yoga. I try to do it at least three times a week and find myself much more limber as well as relaxed!
I love to walk and jog outside, it is so refreshing to me!
I love to swim, but have limited resources
7.gif
I''m going to start using a friend''s pool at her apartment complex more though.
Horse back riding! If you don''t think this is exercise you are wrong wrong wrong wrong...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
With my younger son still at home, I usually work out in my living room. We have an eliptical that I use two times per week, then I do step aerobics twice a week and try and lift weights four times a week. Usually, I meet most of my goals except the weightlifting. (usually with that, I get 2-3 in per week).

My favorite weight video is the Jari Love series. Great workout and I can really tell the difference when I do this regularily.

I''m so glad we''re moving to a townhome so I can still do the step. That was one of the deciding factors when picking where to live.

I also supplement with L-glutamine (pure powder - not the sugary weight lifting kind) to help muscle regeneration.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cardio for me, I love my treddy! I do lots of hills with max incline.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2008 12:46:08 PM
Author: dragonfly411
I''ll start by saying that I love love love love yoga. I try to do it at least three times a week and find myself much more limber as well as relaxed!
7.gif
I''m going to start using a friend''s pool at her apartment complex more though.
Horse back riding! If you don''t think this is exercise you are wrong wrong wrong wrong...
I second this!
35.gif
9.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love doing step aerobics and aerobics and as I love the classes, it doesn''t feel like working out. I also love taking Amber for a walk up the mountains-that is my favourite form of exercise.

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
I make sure to pack my gym clothes and take them to work with me so that I can head straight to the gym after work (no temptations to stray from my plan then). I enjoy doing the elliptical with weight training and the occasional instructor-lead class (kickboxing is my fav). I also try to make my lunch (eating portion) shorter so that I can take a nice 20-25 minute walk with co-workers. It definitely helps to have that extra support. On weekends, I like to squeeze in extra activities like ice skating and walks, sometimes hikes in nicer weather. If I find myself with extra time, I try to fill it with an "active" activity - most of the time
emwink.gif

chizzy1982

Shiny_Rock
I love my dance aerobic classes which i go to 4 times a week. 40 mins of high impact workouts followed by 20 mins of toning. I go with my best fiend so we can motivate eachother to make sure we actually make it too the class and not down the pub for a drink! I have to say I feel so much better for exercising, not just physically but also within myself which is great!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/15/2008 1:06:18 PM
Author: Delster

Date: 5/15/2008 12:46:08 PM
Author: dragonfly411
7.gif
I second this!
35.gif
9.gif
Thritto!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Riders UNITE! LOL

I have two at home, and my older gelding is way fun. He''s like.... like the Grinch. Acts totally grouchy till he gets shown some love and then he melts and turns into a softy. I recently started teaching lessons on him again and he has re-blossomed. I love him. Anyways, enough thread-jacking on that note.

My new running buddy is voting for a swim day on Sunday which I am excited about!
36.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dance classes! Jazz, hip hop and ballet, mostly. Love it!

If I don't have time, I just throw in little stuff throughout the day... lunges, calf raises, stairs, or just plain hopping (I get some weird looks for that one!)

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
I move around and lift heavy things most of the time at work, Building sets etc :) Then after work... I take my little man (5lb Yorkie) For his nightly 2 mile walk. (weather permitting of course) And then around 9pm its off to the gym for a an hour or more. I mix weights and the elipticle machine (woah! excuse spelling?) and tread...etccccc I jump around to many machines.
Weekends.. I am trying to add a bike ride into the mix! :D LOVE RIDING MY BIKE! I recently got a little carrier that fits on my handle bars and my little man rides up front and leads the way ;-)

I would love to try Yoga with My Fi one day. For those of you you do Yoga-- was it hard in the beginning?

And does anyone work out with their Fi? or BF?

1.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
My DH and I just this last weekend bought each other bikes for our 10th anniversary which is coming up June 6th. We have ridden them every day since, about 3 to 4 miles except for today. I told him it would be cheaper to get bikes than me a new wardrobe!
14.gif
My @$$ is getting so broad you could sell ad time on it.
11.gif
I think that the dreaded menopause is coming into play here. Oh, well. I will keep you posted on how well this works as a weight loss and exercise tool. I have a gym membership and I drive by and wave at the place.
35.gif
I just hate to four-letter word (that''s what exercise is to me) alone. I would much rather do something fun with my DH and get the dreaded curse word (exercise) by accident. Know what I mean?

shay

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2008 9:19:54 PM
Author: Shay37
My DH and I just this last weekend bought each other bikes for our 10th anniversary which is coming up June 6th. We have ridden them every day since, about 3 to 4 miles except for today. I told him it would be cheaper to get bikes than me a new wardrobe!
14.gif
My @$$ is getting so broad you could sell ad time on it.
11.gif
I think that the dreaded menopause is coming into play here. Oh, well. I will keep you posted on how well this works as a weight loss and exercise tool. I have a gym membership and I drive by and wave at the place.
35.gif
I just hate to four-letter word (that''s what exercise is to me) alone. I would much rather do something fun with my DH and get the dreaded curse word (exercise) by accident. Know what I mean?

shay
Happy Anniversary Shay
35.gif
I got a new bike too and I love love love riding it. Good for you!!! Keep up the riding. You should join us on the Weekly Healthier Thread; it is very motivating
1.gif

bikebikebike.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2008 5:11:15 PM
Author: blinkydoll

I would love to try Yoga with My Fi one day. For those of you you do Yoga-- was it hard in the beginning?

And does anyone work out with their Fi? or BF?

1.gif
Hey, good for the weights Blinkydoll.

When I tried yoga I thought it was great because our instructor shows us modifictions if you are new to it. I would tell the instructor before you start the class. I have seen couples in class. I love it; my hubby does not do yoga with me. To me it is like stretching and using your muscles to hold certain poses and you build up to holding them longer if you can''t.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great idea, Skippy! I like to walk as much as I can and also walk on the treadmill. I am glad summer is going to be here (really it''s out there somewhere) soon so I can walk in the park.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do my arc trainer or elliptical while watching tv.

However, swimming, tennis, hiking, biking, walking with friends are all other things I like...and they make it less mundane. But I can get on the machine happily if I have tv or a movie to watch.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2008 9:19:54 PM
Author: Shay37
My DH and I just this last weekend bought each other bikes for our 10th anniversary which is coming up June 6th.
Shay - my ten-year is coming up too, on June 15th! Hope you have a wonderful celebration
1.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I like to walk! And swim, love swimming. I really would like to be able to run one day.
5.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
On a regular basis, I use the elliptical and stair master. I tend to do 35 on the elliptical and then 10-15 (only done 15 once so far) on the stair master.
I do want to use weights and have before but haven''t recently fit them into the schedule.
I tried pilates but couldn''t get into it, on the other hand, I tried yoga a few times and really like it. It''s a future goal to take a class, for exercise and it''s calming attributes.
I also love to swim, was on the swim team waaaay back in highschool. I don''t do it often anymore though.
Oh, other interests of mine are tennis and racquetball, neither of which I am any good at. I just think they''re fun.
I also really like TaeBo and those type of classes at the gym, but I''ve found they aggravate my back sometimes.

That''s enough for me!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I love step aerobics too!! Except that I can''t participate unless I love the music. If the music is good, then it feels like dancing instead of exercising. And I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
to dance!! I am a hip hop, old school Motown girl all the way.

I do one hour of that kind of aerobics and I can do four hours of anything after that. Heck, I start my own dancing class alone in the kitchen or loving room almost every night.
31.gif

I just love to dance period. And anything boxing...if it is set to Music.
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I too think dancing is great because it makes it FUN. I would love to sign up for DWTS just for the weight loss!

I also love pilates and want to try yoga again...

and yoga booty ballet and jive dance stuff looks fun too.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/16/2008 1:08:35 AM
Author: diamondfan
I too think dancing is great because it makes it FUN. I would love to sign up for DWTS just for the weight loss!

I also love pilates and want to try yoga again...

and yoga booty ballet and jive dance stuff looks fun too.
I love to watch jive/ swing dancing, not that I could ever do it with my back
32.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, MC. Happy Anniversary back to you and your DH.

Thank you, Skippy. We will be bike riding fools together. LOL Today was rainy here in New England so not so much biking available. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

shay

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Well, I just bought my hubby a Nintendo Wii for his bday and I was rolling my eyes b/c I''m not really into video games, BUT....there is the sports games and we have been playing tennis every night after the little one goes to sleep and it really works up a sweat (and it is fun to beat him too
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
taking the stairs whenever possible! walking whenever possible! walk to lunch. walk to get a snack.

for workout workout, i love zumba...aka cardio latin dance. anything like that is guaranteed to make you want to move it !

and in the nice weather, hikes and long walks with Greg. it''s quality time we don''t get to spend together at home when in front of TV or laptops!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Like Mara I am a big stair walker. When I do the laundry, I make 20 extra trips (putting away the clothes) up and down the stairs to get in some extra leg work....
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, have you tried Yoga Booty Ballet or anything of the other types of tapes? I see the commercials and they all look good...

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/19/2008 11:45:46 PM
Author: diamondfan
Mara, have you tried Yoga Booty Ballet or anything of the other types of tapes? I see the commercials and they all look good...
Y''all know I am the queen of YBB. I think I own every darned tape. Love them, although they are not as cardio intensive as my Zumba tapes, the toning cannot be beat.

Anyone who can tell me who Revi Drums is gets a cookie. A healthy cookie.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Jas - Two questions. Can you explain more about what the Zumba tapes are and what they are focused around? What all is included with the Yoga Booty Ballet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results