shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite/Not Favorite Cold Medicine?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
I have been sick with a terrible cold since Friday evening and it has been a bummer. I have been awake maybe a total of 10 hours over the last two days and feeling somewhate miserable.

However, after a trip to the pharmacy, I couldn''t help but think of PS. Why? Because I bought something that tasted as bad as it smelled and I had to share it with PS!
31.gif
I saw a product labeled "Immune Defense" and "Ruby Honey Lemon" and thought it sounded good. Boy, was I wrong, wrong, wrong. Ack!
14.gif
So, thumbs down.

My favorite so far: Alka Seltzer Cold! No nasty taste, the fizzy tablets reassure me somehow and no gross smell. Thumbs up.

This experience made me curious though. What are your favorite or not so favorite cold meds?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
AFRIN!!!

Oh my goodness. I finally used that for the first time, and I felt normal in the middle of a terrible sinus-y cold. I just had to blow my nose a little more often, and deal with occasional weird feelings in my sinus. It is my miracle treatment.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Tylenol Sore Throat!

This stuff is AMAZING! I had strep throat and it wasn''t diagnosed by the instant test at the doctors. I used this stuff until the long test came through and it made me feel normal again. I have a friend that thought she was better, stopped taking it, and found out that no she was not better at all, the medicine was that good at masking the soreness.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
For me, the only thing that works for nasal congestion is Afrin. I love it, but you can only use it for 3 days and you have to discontinue it or your symptoms get worse.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Hot Toddy! Seriously--Irish whiskey, hot water, lemon juice, and honey with a cinnamon stick and cloves. Works every time.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
The worst thing IMO are the Coldeeze cough drops. They taste horrible! ... or at least they did last time I had one. I''m really sick right now and I''m taking a nighttime and daytime sinus pill... they''re offbrand but I think compare to a Tylenol product. I really haven''t seen much of a difference though. Actually, I''m taking a bit of a cocktail...
2 ibuprofen
1 multivitamin
1 antibiotic from a previous ear infection
2 daytime/nighttime sinus
vicks inhaler

I do all that twice a day or more and so far NO improvement! If anyone knows of a miracle drug then let me know! I just wish I could sleep comfortably.

museikchik

Shiny_Rock
I think the worst thing ever made is Thera-flu. That stuff tastes terrible. If you can afford to sleep in I would take Nyquil. If not then I would take Tylenol Cold and Sore Throat

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2009 8:35:34 PM
Author: princesss
AFRIN!!!

Oh my goodness. I finally used that for the first time, and I felt normal in the middle of a terrible sinus-y cold. I just had to blow my nose a little more often, and deal with occasional weird feelings in my sinus. It is my miracle treatment.

I just saw you liked it too! I thought I was their number one fan!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2009 12:50:54 AM
Author: ladypirate
Hot Toddy! Seriously--Irish whiskey, hot water, lemon juice, and honey with a cinnamon stick and cloves. Works every time.

Ditto! Works every time.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dayquil and Tylenol Cold are my saviors: between the two of them, they knock out 90% of my colds/cold symptoms. As for worst ... I can''t take Sudafed, Benadryl, or any of the nighttime medications. They knock me on my ass for 48 hours at a time!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Oh how I miss my Nyquil. I''ve been sick now for 2 weeks and can''t take anything. But my fav for sure is Nyquil.

I also love drinking water with honey and lemon to make me feel better.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Omg, this is going to sound way bad... but I love the stuff the meth-heads use.
23.gif

It works so much better than the other stuff... so I just bust out my driver''s license go to the pharmacist, let them take ALL my personal information ... and this is for an OTC product mind you... UGH, I digress...
but man- just 2 days on this stuff and I am all cleared out! LOVE IT!!!

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Museikchik--I agree! Theraflu tastes like chemicals and it doesn''t seem to do very much.

Tlh--I saw your post, chuckled and reached for Mucinex D (fingers crossed).

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I''m a bit of an Advil junkie even though it does a number on my stomach. Besides that, the meds I take depend on the kind of virus I have. Mucinex for a cough and Sudafed (or any other plain PE product). I also like Vicks and cough drops to clear up congestion. Tea with honey and cream is also a quick fix for me.

got2goldens

Shiny_Rock
Dayquil and Nyquil, at the appropriate times

Kat

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
I drink lots of Airborne or Emergen-C and then use the Neti pot 2-3 times a day. I only take meds if the coughing gets really bad. When will they find a cure for the cold????
7.gif

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Chicken soup!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results