shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite Mascara?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock

My quest for THE mascara still has not come to an end. I have short and sparse Asian eyelashes. To make matters worse, I''m a contact lens wearer so I can''t use any of the fiber mascaras or anything too harsh. I''m looking for a mascara that will make my eyelashes look long and full. I recently got a sample of BB Everything Mascara and it was close to what I was looking for, except that it was kind of heavy and made my lashes stick straight. Also, it was difficult to remove. Right now I am using Maybelline Great Lash but don''t like how it makes my sparse lashes look even sparser. So, please post:

1. Your favorite mascara and why.
2. Your least favorite mascara and why.

Thanks for the help gals!!!

1.gif

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
DodgerGurl, have you thought about eye lash extensions? That''s my next venture, because I''m so sick of mascara.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
There was a prior thread on this here but I don''t see mine in there. Once I remember I''ll post it.

iceprincess

Shiny_Rock
I have used L''Oreal''s Voluminous Mascara for almost 20 years now and I''m not that old at 34.
2.gif
I have rather straight Asian lashes too, but not at the corners for some reason. When I''m not too lazy I''ll curl my lashes with the Shu Uemura eyelash curler (the Rolls Royce of eyelash curlers, IMO) and put on a thin coat of Voluminous and it makes my eyes look so much cuter.
I like this mascara because of the thick brush that keeps lashes from clumping and looking cake-y. Also, the mascara doesn''t smudge and it does a great job of lengthening lashes.

A close second mascara is Lancome''s Definicils. Great formula! This mascara gets better after you''ve had the tube for a while. I don''t like the initial applications with a new tube because it straightens out my lashes after I''ve curled them. Maybe a fresh tube of mascara is too wet for my taste. I like mascaras after they''ve dried up a little.

I''ve heard about eyelash extensions. When I got married last year, I got my eyelashes permed because I had so little time to bother with daily makeup, the woman who was doing my eyelashes mentioned the lash extensions. She said that the extensions can last for several months. I don''t know how much lash extensions would cost though.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I found it - I use Maybelline''s Lash Discovery Waterproof in almost black. Teeny tiny brush - I love it.

lad13.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lancome Definicils. It''s the best and lasts for ages. My lashes are long so I am lucky, this mascara makes them look natural and not clumpy or like a dollies''
7.gif

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
I just bought the new Covergirl Lashextract and I am loving it . I use one coat for daytime and when I have needed some extra umph I add another coat about 10 minutes later and it seems to do the trick. No clumps. I really, really like it.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
ohhh!! my favorite of all time mascara is kevyn aucoin''s the mascara. LOVE it!! it separates like nothing else. you know how when your lashes are wet they look good? this does that and extends them. it''s the perfect mascara, for me at least. i get the curling one in black.

kevynaucoin_mas.jpeg

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
I have short, sparse little Asian eyelashes (in fact my mom cut them off when I was a baby so they''d grow back longer haha) and I wear contacts too. I''ve been using some of the fiber lash mascaras and you are right they do irritate your eyes, but I have found one that I love. (and it''s cheap too! I''m a firm believer in the more expensive face products but nothing I''ve found so far works as good) I love the L''Oreal Volume Shocking mascara. Yes, it does have the fibers but this particular kind doesn''t seem to irritate me. Plus, there is virtually NO clumping as the mascara brush is actually a comb looking thing. I love it.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I use that one also. I use it along with an eyelash curler. I am with you Michelle (SDL)

Linda

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love CoverGirl''s Last Exact as well. I actually use 2 mascaras - Lash Exact for the first coat, then Cover Girl Triple Aquastay for the second coat. My lashes are long and lush.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My favorite is Pump up the Volume by Bourjois. This particular mascara encourages my lashes to curl and doesn''t weigh them down.

The worst one I''ve tried was by Stila, called Major Lash Mascara. I would curl my lashes, apply the mascara and watch my lashes literally droop before my very eyes.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am probably the only one who does not love Lancome. It is always too wet and gloppy for me.

Inexpensive I love Almay one coat...(I think they still make it)...

Expensive I like the Bobbi Brown everything mascara.

Mally Roncal, who is a celebrity make up artist and sells on QVC, has a double ended mascara that has a big and tiny brush, one on each end. I have also tried the Trish McEvoy lash booster and it is good. ( a lot of companies now make them, they go on before the mascara and help beef up the lashes).

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I had a brain freeze. There is also one from QVC that I really like. It is Prescriptives. It makes my eyelashes really long and no clumps. I hate clumps.
14.gif

Linda

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Mascara is my favorite makeup item & I have a few I like: Revlon Fabulash, MF 2000 calorie mascara, & Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara. No smearing & I only need to apply one coat for great lashes.

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
Max Factor 2000 Calorie Aqualash....love it! I''ve used it for about 10 years now...I curl my eyelashes a little bit, and this is the only brand that actually keeps them curled all day.

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
I like Maybelline Full and soft layered over Blinc Kiss Me Mascara. It is in specialty boutiques and is pretty expensive. I also have found it on ebay and it is a lot less expensive there. It is very waterproof, and makes tubes around your lashes. It comes off with water and some pressure. It looks like little spider legs in the sink. It gives a glossy look to the lashes, and is especially great for lower lashes.
19548061.jpg

It doesnt give any volume, so that is why I layer over Full N soft. I also love Lancome Definicils.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone tried Prescriptives Falsh Lash mascara? Im SO over Lancome because it does nothing for me. Ive heard great things about this mascara but havent tried it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results