shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite Ebay sellers?

allsparkly

Rough_Rock
Who are your favorite Ebay sellers? I am looking for a vintage diamond pendant and hope to find a trustworthy seller. Thanks!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I like DoverJewelry because their prices usually rock. Occasionally their descriptions don''t match the item; however, the two times that happened to me, the price was still absolutely great so I didn''t care *that* much. For example, I got a 1.99 ct transitional cut in a nice platinum period setting w/ another .35 ct of side stones, for $4500ish. They described it as an I color, VS clarity. It was more like an M or N color, VS clarity. (And you could definitely tell from their pics that their color estimate was wrong, so I was expecting it.)

I''ve also bought from jewelswebuy, nikkiknowsgoodstuff, and some random others. I stalk nikkiknowsgoodstuff and doverjewelry a lot though.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
LGK, do you find Nikki over-priced?
I tend to find that with her auctions generally
7.gif

Also, please please excuse me if I have this wrong, but are you interested in mourning jewellery at all?
I couldn''t recall if you were or not, but I have seen this very lovely broach at a great price..
it''s just not personally my thing, so thought I would attempt to share.
5.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought a 1/2 carat diamond in a solitaire setting from justselldiamonds_04. I haven''t received the ring yet but the pics are beautiful, and their prices are awesome, not to mention the customer service!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2010 7:08:59 AM
Author: DandiAndi
I just bought a 1/2 carat diamond in a solitaire setting from justselldiamonds_04. I haven''t received the ring yet but the pics are beautiful, and their prices are awesome, not to mention the customer service!

Hey andi! I know this seller - they sell under a couple different names, but their photos are always recognizable.
I agree, they do have decent prices and are a reasonable seller to deal with - I purchased a diamond band a while ago from him.

Was it a vintage diamond you bought? They have had some lovely vintage stones over time.
Can''t wait to see!
36.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi lovely aj!
35.gif

It''s a .50ct OEC in 14k gold. If the diamond turns out to be as pretty as it looks in the pics I was thinking of setting it into a 6 prong 18k solitaire (mum''s favourite setting) and giving it to her for her birthday. I''ve got another one coming from the US from another seller (a .65ct OMC... I''ve been reeeeal bad lately
11.gif
). When the new PS is up and running I''ll post the seller''s pics... hopefully the rings will be here by then!!
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2010 1:58:13 AM
Author: DandiAndi
Hi lovely aj!
35.gif

It''s a .50ct OEC in 14k gold. If the diamond turns out to be as pretty as it looks in the pics I was thinking of setting it into a 6 prong 18k solitaire (mum''s favourite setting) and giving it to her for her birthday. I''ve got another one coming from the US from another seller (a .65ct OMC... I''ve been reeeeal bad lately
11.gif
). When the new PS is up and running I''ll post the seller''s pics... hopefully the rings will be here by then!!
36.gif

You have been busy missy, I love it!
11.gif
3.gif

That is a very sweet idea for your mum - I can''t wait to see pics of both.
35.gif

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2010 5:35:07 AM
Author: arjunajane
LGK, do you find Nikki over-priced?
I tend to find that with her auctions generally
7.gif

Also, please please excuse me if I have this wrong, but are you interested in mourning jewellery at all?
I couldn't recall if you were or not, but I have seen this very lovely broach at a great price..
it's just not personally my thing, so thought I would attempt to share.
5.gif
Typically yes but not always. My *actual* ering- which is the 1.22 ct OEC I wear on my right hand- is in a really really ornate filigree/pierced/engraved platinum setting I got from her. It had a 1 ct OEC set into it for $2500- since that was my budget for the setting and I couldn't find anything remotely as cool new, I bought it and sold the extra stone for $2K. So that was a great deal for me. But yeah- a lot of her stuff is overpriced. But she was definitely great to work with and her descriptions were right on, so I keep checking to see if she ever posts any more good deals... and I have seen a few over the years, but I'd say yeah- 80-90% of her stuff is pushing it at the prices she's got. (That one large fancy yellow OEC in that to-die-for setting is one I keep looking at and wishing she'd put $1NR on!)

I don't collect mourning jewelry myself but I do love it... mostly I haven't started buying any because I need another antique collection like a hole in the head. (At this point I have large collections of: sterling dance purses, antique women's watches, art nouveau sterling or s/p with poppies on it, Bogoff costume jewelry, Juliana/D&E costume jewelry, art nouveau sterling flatware- mismatched because I like it that way, a bunch of rare antique prints like Edward Curtis's bluetone nudes, and about 100 boxes in the basement of French Art Deco art glass like Lalique, Verlys, D'Avesn, Verlux etc. Working around antiques is reaaalllly dangerous! The storage downstairs is utterly ridiculous... so much, like all our art glass, is boxed up because we don't have room for it to be displayed.) A good friend of mine does collect mourning jewelry though so I'd be happy to pass the info on to her
1.gif

I thought of another seller I watch- burgi-n. Never bought from them, though. they have this *gorgeous* antique platinum & diamond pearl clasp up right now that I wish was like... a quarter the price. Lovely and a rarity though.

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn't buy a stuffed animal from "heritagecary". I don't want to push what I can say about someone on here but . . . . a thousand times no!

Also, this burgi-n person - same thing. Go to toolhaus.org and look up both those Ebay names to get a flavor of the kind of people you're dealing with there.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
tradergirl said:
I wouldn't buy a stuffed animal from "heritagecary". I don't want to push what I can say about someone on here but . . . . a thousand times no!

Also, this burgi-n person - same thing. Go to toolhaus.org and look up both those Ebay names to get a flavor of the kind of people you're dealing with there.
Yeah I just looked at their auctions and that (large, otherwise attractive) OEC they have listed as an "N" color has *got* to be much, much more colored than that and top brown to boot.

stci

Ideal_Rock
tradergirl said:

I do what you suggest :

5 negative on more than 5500 feedback received. You think it's dramatic? I really don't think so.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results