shape
carat
color
clarity

Favorite decade?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
What is your favorite decade, and what made it great-- the music, the actors, the movies, the sweet dance moves? You name it! Feel free to post any photos from back in the day! ;-)
36.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
The 80''s!!! Just look at those SUPER SWEET BANGS! (Plus I could eat whatever I wanted and not worry about weight gain! wink, wink)
25.gif

t and t.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
decade of decadence

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Awe, hugs to you SDL!
emrose.gif

I don't really have a favorite decade. I am hoping that someday I will though...

ETA, tlh, that is an adorable photo!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the 70''s musics, big bell bottom pants,polyester shirts.
36.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was a teen in the late 80s and had a ton of fun at that time listening to all the great music from The Cure to New Order. Also, great movies, like "Pretty and Pink," and the "Breakfast Club." Recently I watched Pretty in Pink again and was appauled at how bad the acting actually was. Molly Ringwald seemed sarcastic in half of the scenes! Really bad quality writing and acting.

Now that I look back, my perspective has changed and the music that seems the best quality and most enjoyable is stuff from the late 60s early 70s. The 80s was candy coated and the 90s was a bit too harsh (although I still love a few bands from that decade.) None of the music from the 2000s has appealed to me. . .

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hmm...well I wasn''t alive then but I''ve always been partial to the movies and styles of the ''40''s
2.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Like AmberGretchen, I didn''t live through my aesthetic favorite, but that doesn''t stop me from enjoying its bounty - the 1920''s! The Roaring ''20s epitomize the cultural and design elements that I most enjoy - the tail end of the Art Nouveau movement, the heydey of the Art Deco movement, flappers, jazz, strong cocktails, long cigarette holders, Daisy Buchanan ... and, while it might not have been a fabulous time to be a woman, at least we got the right to vote.
41.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
The 2000s (is that how you would say this decade?) have been the best for me...graduated from college, got married, had a baby, bought our first house...pretty great decade!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loved the 80''s , many fond memories.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i wouldn''t mind living in the 50''s for a couple of months like the TV show "Happy days"

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, without a doubt the 80''s! I absolutely loved everything about that decade - the cheesy neon bracelets, pinned jeans, workout wear as outer wear, and every other fashion faux pas - lol! Oh, and of course there was the music and the movies. I swear 80''s movies were awesome (at the time). I don''t think there was a single movie from that decade I didn''t like. Honestly, how can you forget classics (using that term losely) like "Lucas," "Outsiders," Ferris Bueller''s Day Off," " "About Last Night," "St. Elmos Fire?" Clearly, I could go and on, but I do agree with MC that most of those classics now look pretty bad. Oh well, still LOVE the 80''s
9.gif
36.gif

ETA: Don''t even get me started on 80''s tv shows
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results