shape
carat
color
clarity

Favor idea opinions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
At the last wedding I attended, after eating the caesar salad and having forgotten to put mints or gum into my evening bag, I decided that one of my favor ideas had to involve breath mints. So I''m probably going to fill little tins with altoid-type mints and everyone will get one of those at their seat.

The other thing I want to do is have the seating assignments in little picture frames (like 3"x4") at the reception entrance. Initially I was going to have married couples share one picture frame with their names, not for any particular reason (I guess it would save a few dollars but not enough to make much of a difference). It would be one less thing for the wife to have to carry home in her purse, I suppose. But now I wonder if I should put everyone''s names individually in a frame? I don''t want anyone to feel slighted in the favor department.

What do you think? Individual frames for each person or can married people share one frame?

BTW--My friends think I must be going nuts with all these details but I loooooooooove all of this stuff!!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
selflove- I love the mint idea, I''ve seen some cute ones where they put something like "Mint to be together"... so cute!! and cheesy, I know, but anyhoo

For the placecards I would do one for each guest... I''m trying to think if I''ve ever seen married couples listed together. I think one per person is better though, so when they pick a seat at the table then others will know it''s taken, otherwise w/one placecard for two ppl it might get confusing... does that make sense?

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I think you''d be OK with one frame per couple. It''s not just about the minimal cost in savings, but also as you mentioned, it would just be another thing that the gal in each couple would need to stash in her purse.

I''m thinking of doing the same thing with my favors, (wine stopper and favorite music CD) providing one of each per couple. Of course, each "singleton" would get their own. Who needs more than one of the same wine stopper? That''s how I''m trying to justify it to myself. I hope I''m not way off base here, and look cheap!

I guess my take is that I''m not big on favors. I''ve thrown away more than I''ve kept. So, I want to make mine useful and fun.

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
flopkins--you''re right, I didn''t even think about when they actually get to the table, they should each have something to hold their chair.

charger--i know what you mean, i want mine to be useful too (and at least I know all my girlfriends will appreciate a picture frame)

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
I've actually never been to a wedding that had individual seating cards for every guest. They've always said something like 'Mr & Mrs Smith - Table 4' 'Bob and Beth Smith- Table 4' for married couples or 'Bob Smith & Guest - table 4' for a person bringing a date or 'Bob Smith & Beth Jones - table 4' for an established non-married relationship or 'Bob Smith - Table 4' for any one going alone.

My thought on favors or place seatings is that most will go to waste if they are something not everyone will enjoy. The mint idea is a great idea and will be used that night or many days after. I think the picture frames for seating cards are nice but if you do one for each couple, IMO would be too much. I mean the women will like the picture frames and use them in the future but the men would probably just forget about them.

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
I like the mint idea.

I have received picture frames at 3-4 different weddings. I think it is an OK idea as a "placecard," in which case I think everyone should get one. On the other hand, it is not really a good favor IMO. I have never done anything with the ones that I have gotten. I know you didn''t really ask if we liked the idea, I was just giving my opinion as someone who has received several at weddings.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I love your mint idea. There''s a local chocolatier that makes the most delicious and beautiful truffles. I remember touring this chocolate factory back when I was in girl scouts! We are buying the truffles and wrapping them in tulle with a pretty ribbon. We considered buying chocolate from Godiva or See''s, but decided it would be more fun to get it from a local chocolatier. It''ll be a great treat to the guests from out of town.

Men, women, and children will enjoy the candy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results