shape
carat
color
clarity

Fatigue???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
For the past 2 days I have been EXHAUSTED. And not the normal tired but physically exhausted, and for 2 nights in a row I went to bed at 6 or 7pm and got up the next day at about 7:00 am, still feeling like I got hit by a truck or something (just that allover heavy exhausted feeling). I don''t feel sick, drained.

I haven''t been doing anything out of the norm, so I''m not sure what''s up. I do have my period though (started today) but I''ve never had this strong of fatigue from it before.

Has anyone experienced sudden exhaustion like this before? Could it just be from my period??

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would get stress. You got a new job, you need to find a car and aren''t you getting married. Getting a new job and getting married are up there on the stress radar and add in that time of the month. I am always a bit more tired during that time of the month. I bet it is just catching up to you.
Here is a list from this website but I remember reading about this in psychology books too.

Top Ten Stressors
http://www.crescentlife.com/wellness/stressors.htm
1. Death of spouse

2. Divorce

3. Marital separation

4. Jail term

5. Death of a close family member

6. Personal injury or illness

7. Marriage

8. Fired at work

9. Marital reconciliation

10. Retirement

Try and do somthing nice for yourself or take some days off before your new job. Best wishes
12.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I think Skippy has a good idea... lots of little things adding up. I was going to say I felt that way just before I found out I was pregnant, but since that doesnt seem like an option for you, I agree that it could be stress. Just make sure your period is normal in terms of flow/heaviness.

I hope you feel better soon! It always sucks to feel like that, especially when you are trying to fix it!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Your body could just be fighting off a virus. Just get as much sleep as your body wants and make sure you eat well.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I used to get fatigued a lot when I was under a lot of stress, this is what worked for me...

1. take a multi-vitamin
2. take a b-complex with vitamin C (All B with C)
3. drink lots of water

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually just had the same issue last week and am still getting over it. It started Wednesday afternoon, I got home from work and slept for 4 hours, which I never do, and then ended up taking Thursday off work due to utter exhaustion/achiness and slept most of the day. By Friday I was feeling maybe 50% better, but developed a very sore throat and swollen glands in my throat, which has continued up to today but seems to be getting better. DH has been ill although doesn''t seem to be so exhausted as I was, and there are just a bunch of nasty bugs going around here in general. It sounds like maybe you just picked up something and your body had to use all its energy to fight it off and heal itself.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Could be a combination of things, definately. I have been feeling stressed (mainly about $$ for new car and for wedding savings, getting the new job and that time of the month) and I have felt under teh weather, but not sick.

Not fun.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sweat Pea,
I am sorry. Do something nice for yourself and let your body rest. Sometimes that is all you need. Maybe a hot bubble bath and hot tea. Do you think you could buy a used Toyota or Honda so you can save some money? Best wishes and hang in there!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sleep apnea? Something that is keeping you from getting deep sleep? Do you wake up during the night? When I''m stressed it literally takes me forever to fall asleep instead of it happening as soon as my head hits the pillow.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
during your period depending on what your iron levels are to begin with, if you have any sort of anemia or borderline, you can be losing a lot of iron in your blood...sometimes the doctors tell you to take iron supplements during that time of the month. i am borderline anemic and my blood also apparently has a hard time 'holding onto' iron...so i tend to feel tired during TTOTM too...and take a vitamin during those days if i don't already kinda thing to just boost me up a bit. also try eating more foods with iron in them, high levels, like artichokes.

but if you still feel tired next week then you might want to have your iron levels tested as well. it sounds like it could be other things too, aka stress building up or maybe you not sleeping enough or a combination of a few things (also fighting a cold etc). but i know for me iron levels can have a fair amount to do with how i feel sometimes when i am really tired for 'seemingly' no reason.

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
Not to totally freak you out, but I am under the impression it is possible to be pregnant and have your period. I don''t get it, but I have heard of it happening this way, I believe my Mom had her period but was actually preg with me at that time.
33.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
If this is one of the few times the total exhaustion has happened, I''d vote for stress or fighting an illness. Are you sleeping soundly at night? Could there be anything at night that is keeping your brain slightly awake even if you aren''t consciously waking up? If you don''t get your brain into the deep sleep stage you can continually feel wiped out.

If this happens a lot to you, you might want to consider getting your thyroid checked. Total exhaustion can be an indication that your thryoid is underperforming. www.thyroid.about.com

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all -- thanks for the support, I''m glad to see I''m not the only one!!

This actually has never happened to me, unless I was sick. I''ve been feeling less tired yesterday and today, and I do tend to sleep soundly, although we let the dog sleep with us and she has been disruptive the last few nights -- may have to get her her own doggy bed and kick her out of ours...she''s lately taken to trying to sleep between us rather than at the food of the bed and then she''ll stretch out her legs so we end up with dog legs in our backs or chests then we have to try to get her to move...I''m sure that''s not helping!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Research shows that pets in your bed really do keep your brain awake. You are aware they are they and they don''t lay still. The research I''ve read actually says your pet shouldn''t sleep in your room at all...even on a doggie bed but getting the dog off the bed and into the doggie bed will probably be an improvement.

My husband and I have 2 cats who really like to sleep with us. We recently kicked them out of the room entirely and closed the door. We both sleep a lot better now and really notice the difference during the daytime.

Good luck!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 11:12:30 AM
Author: IslandDreams
Research shows that pets in your bed really do keep your brain awake. You are aware they are they and they don''t lay still. The research I''ve read actually says your pet shouldn''t sleep in your room at all...even on a doggie bed but getting the dog off the bed and into the doggie bed will probably be an improvement.

My husband and I have 2 cats who really like to sleep with us. We recently kicked them out of the room entirely and closed the door. We both sleep a lot better now and really notice the difference during the daytime.

Good luck!
you have a good point there -- I''m always aware of what my dog is doing because I''m paranoid that she''ll bark and wake the neighbor in our apartment complex, so whenever she even grunts a little I''m wide awake to quiet her. Will have to move her, methinks.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah portia sleeps with us and for the most part i sleep very deeply even with her there...but on the nights when i know she is not feeling well or she is acting a little oddly, i tend to only ''half-sleep'' and stay partially alert so that if anything happens i can jump up and be ready. i am pretty attuned to her movements also, even if i am in a deep sleep i will still hear her jump to the floor (typically to throw up)...whereas greg is like a log, nothing wakes him!! sometimes i do think, gosh what a pain but then i think well even if she is in a crate and she throws up it''s still no fun for her even if i am oblivious til tomorrow morning. and for the most part she is 1000% a slug in bed with us so she is not restless typically. if she was then i would have an issue with it. and she sleeps vertically between our pillows so typically doesn''t bother us, but sometimes we do wake up in weird positions and find her stretched horizontally in the middle! LOL.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
It''s funny b/c I don''t actually love having the dog in the bed, but I feel so bad to not include her at bedtime...she even knows if FI or I say to each other "ok I''m going to bed" she''ll get up and follow. Having her in the bed is def a disruption to sleep though, at least sometimes...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 11:12:30 AM
Author: IslandDreams

Good luck!
Yes, I''m sure this is true. I tried locking the cat out of the bedroom and she became so skittish and nervous, really unhappy and scared (she''s already somewhat neurotic) that I let her back in. I just deal with it.
5.gif

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
My cat bites my chin to wake me up sometimes. She usually is very still, but if I am away one night I notice the next night she is trying to wake me up.

golden

Shiny_Rock
Could it be MONO?

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 9:09:25 PM
Author: golden
Could it be MONO?
ACK! I sure hope not!! Actually, I don''t think so b/c I''m feeling much better now, and I didn''t feel totally sick, so I wasn''t too too worried it was mono.

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto on getting your thyroid checked out if it gets worse. I''m slightly hypothyroid and have been reading up to see what else impacts on hormones. Definitely not an expert, but this is what I understood so far...

It seems that when you''re stressed your body uses up progesterone to make up the adrenal hormones it thinks you need, so that often makes you tired. This drop in progesterone is also what gives you the PMS symptoms as then your estrogen levels go up anyway and even more if you''re stressed and low in progesterone anyway. If you''re stressed and eating more then the additional fat also pumps out more estrogen so now you''re in a bit of a cycle!

Thyroid, progesterone and insulin are all part of the same system so you can often get tiredness, feeling cold, low blood sugar etc. when they go out of whack. Getting enough vitamins helps - especially B vitamins...

Hope that helps?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/12/2007 10:29:40 PM
Author: *~Sweetpea~*

Date: 4/12/2007 9:09:25 PM
Author: golden
Could it be MONO?
ACK! I sure hope not!! Actually, I don''t think so b/c I''m feeling much better now, and I didn''t feel totally sick, so I wasn''t too too worried it was mono.
Sweetpea, you would probably know if you had mono...it''s the epstein-barr virus and if you didn''t get it as a child you might at some point during your life as it is very highly contagious (although mainly transferred through saliva, i.e. kissing or drinking after someone). It is a virus related to herpes that stays in your body forever. Also, once you''ve gone through the actual effects of mononucleuosis the first time, the same symptoms don''t come back from what I understand...but as far as lifelong you may still feel the effects as far as chronic fatigue, etc. I had mono and strep throat when I was 14 after catching it from a girl friend in high school (I shared a soda with her after going to the gym), and ended up in the hospital for three days because my throat was so swollen it was closing shut.

Mono will seriously put you down for a month or two with fatigue...if you feel like you''re having serious symptoms such as not being able to get out of bed or wanting to sleep all the time for no reason then definitely mention that to your doctor or get to a doc right away. It is a serious illness and needs to be addressed asap, but it sounds like you are feeling better now and hopefully this is not what''s ailing you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results