shape
carat
color
clarity

Father's Day

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Kudos to all the baby daddies out there!

So, whatcha all doing to celebrate?

I've made my husband's favorite cake. I haven't made a cake from scratch in years and was surprised it turned out well.

Also, kids are coming for barbecue, and we're fixing enough for four or five times as many people since we like to send them home with a meal or two. Wait.. shouldn't they be taking him out?! (and by "him," I mean us!)

Oh well, maybe we'll, er, he'll get some cool presents.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Figuring out the details now... Going to take meat and veggies to my grandparents' house and cook dinner in the smoker we got him for his birthday last year. What else is all up in the air. He wants to go work on the airplane, but I hesitate as that leads to hurt feelings from my mom and aunt as they don't get to see him for father's day then. Anyway, smoked food and we'll just see where it goes from there.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DD#1 is making prime ribs for dinner. We don't like going out to restaurants and fight the crowd on Mother and Father's Days. Maybe my daughters will shock me
faintthud.gif
with a 3ct CBI...:o:lol:

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.

We celebrated last Saturday with my family. We had everyone over to the beach house and spent a wonderful day together by the sea. Food was delicious (cooked by my dh) and our guests were a delight. I am glad we did this last Saturday because right after that our kitty became very ill and received a horrible diagnosis. Thankful we were able to enjoy the celebration with my 85 year old dad last weekend without knowing Francesca's diagnosis. I used to be good at compartmentalizing but lately since her diagnosis I just cannot. We are trying to enjoy every precious moment she is still here with us and not suffering.

Wishing you all a wonderful Father's Day and remember enjoy every single moment you have together. We are not promised tomorrow and we only have this moment right here. (((Hugs))).

happyfathersday.gif

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I no longer have my father around & neither does my husband. But on Friday it was my Birthday & I was spoiled rotten with gifts & dinner out with my little family & my mother, then on Saturday we headed off to Birmingham (UK, not Alabama!) for a night at a hotel. Meeting us there was my mother in law & ALL the Outlaws & children, then we headed to a dog track for dinner, drinks & racing. The children had the best time ever, though it was a late night for them.

We headed home today for the girls to festoon daddy with gifts, jam doughnut flavoured beer (I kid you not) & a movie on the sofa. Tonight Mr T wanted a takeaway delivered for dinner & now we're just vegging with a glass of wine & said jam doughnut beer. It's a weird taste, but delicious!
Happy Fathers Day to all the daddies, Earthly or otherwise! :appl:

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock
I no longer have my father around & neither does my husband. But on Friday it was my Birthday & I was spoiled rotten with gifts & dinner out with my little family & my mother, then on Saturday we headed off to Birmingham (UK, not Alabama!) for a night at a hotel. Meeting us there was my mother in law & ALL the Outlaws & children, then we headed to a dog track for dinner, drinks & racing. The children had the best time ever, though it was a late night for them.

We headed home today for the girls to festoon daddy with gifts, jam doughnut flavoured beer (I kid you not) & a movie on the sofa. Tonight Mr T wanted a takeaway delivered for dinner & now we're just vegging with a glass of wine & said jam doughnut beer. It's a weird taste, but delicious!
Happy Fathers Day to all the daddies, Earthly or otherwise! :appl:

Sounds great, did you go to Monmore Green or Perry Barr? I've only been to Monmore Green, but I fancy checking out Perry Barr one day. I do foresee rescue greyhounds in my future to assuage the guilt though :oops2:.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cards, gifts, new clothes (including designer jeans that really hug his buns!! :mrgreen2:). DD made him a gigantic tissue paper flower, and decorated an empty wine bottle in a mosaic pattern for the vase. ;)2
DH spent yesterday with his BFF, up at their cabin, played golf, enjoyed cocktails, and fished his heart out. It’s their Father’s Day Tradition.
Today: Lunch at his favorite BBQ place with all of our kids. Shopped for shoes; came up empty. Fell upon a mattress sale & we just may be upgrading our bed...lol!! :lol-2:
I went to a winery, last week & tasted some different wine. I bought 2 bottles, intending one to be opened, today. :kiss2:
Dinner & dessert at Eat n Park (mmmm....PIE!!).
Made an unexpected trip to Urgent Care with my son because his poison whatever is inflamed, and hot. Got steroids & creams.
Home, now. That bottle of wine has been opened, and the first glass is gone, already...lol!! :twisted2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds great, did you go to Monmore Green or Perry Barr? I've only been to Monmore Green, but I fancy checking out Perry Barr one day. I do foresee rescue greyhounds in my future to assuage the guilt though :oops2:.

Perry Barr! It was really great fun & the food was lovely!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock
Perry Barr! It was really great fun & the food was lovely!

I'll have to check it out. I won 80 quid on a triple last time I went, so it paid for itself!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results