shape
carat
color
clarity

Father''s Day

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I"m at a complete loss for ideas. What is Dear Old Dad (or Husband) getting from you this year?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hm..my dad would get irritated if I spent money on something for him. Sometimes we just go out to their house and help them do chores at the acreage. I tell JD that every day he''s married to me is like Christmas/Birthday/Father''s Day rolled into one. haha. We don''t really do much..we buy ourselves things during the year when we have the money. He''ll get to pick a meal out someplace, and for supper we''re grilling at my cousins.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I''m going home for the weekend, and my Dad is getting a day on the golf course with his favorite daugther!!
9.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
a card.

My dad doesn''t care about father''s day. It is my mom that makes a fuss over mother''s day.

It is my bro''s first father''s day since the birth of his daughter, so he got a card also.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
My dad is getting a mug with a photo of the kids printed on it. I know its a bit naff but he doesn''t like gifts
9.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I bought my husband a complete new summer wardrobe. He hasn''t bought himself anything in 2 yrs. (this of course is the gift from the kids to him)

for my dad I bought him his fav. cologne, 2 tix to a broadway show and couple of shirts (he''s another that doesn''t buy himself anything...everything is for his kids)

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
My DH is getting a big lobster feed with a nice bottle of champagne. He is a very good Dad to our son!!
36.gif

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
My dad is an avid golfer who lives out of state. He also loves gift cards as he can then buy things he normally would not buy without feeling guilty so I bought him a gift card to Golfsmith and a Starbucks gift card.

My husband and his sons are baseball fans so DH is getting 3 tix to the MN Twins on Sunday to go with the boys. This is the Twins last year in the Metrodome so this is the last year to see them play indoor ball (YEAH!). His first ball games were in Detroit with his dad so he is a true Tigers fan and I found a handpainted baseball with the old Tigers stadium painted on it. He will love this!

Good luck with your ideas for your dad!

Julie

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
My family doesn't even try to guess what to get each other. I got an email the other day saying he'd like this.

(At first I thought it was something you clip on your hat like a headlight, but then I see it goes on the side of the grill. Der.)

waxing lyrical

Shiny_Rock
We sent him a care package. Some of the stuff was cheesy, like I picked out a Transformers towel. What he really wants can''t be sent in a box and probably would be of little use to him in Afghanistan.

Jen_91909

Shiny_Rock
I''m a graphic designer and my Dad has asked me to design the book cover for his latest book. I actually designed the last one for his christmas present.

I''m having major creative block on it though so I''m frustrated...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband wants a Weeping Blue Cedar. We''re going to pick it out on Father''s day.
1.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
The perfect gift...diamonds!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
My dad is getting a card and a baseball cap that says "Warning: Beware of the Father of the Bride"

Very fitting this year.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I to am at a loss...we may take dad down to Atlantic City and give him some money for gambling and treat him to the buffet at the Borgata.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results