shape
carat
color
clarity

father/daughter dance song

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Any suggestions for a father/daughter dance song ? My fiance is planning to dance with his mother to " A Song for Mama" by Boyz II Men. We are not huge country music fans so we ruled out a few songs already that have beautful words just not exactly what we were looking for. Would appreciate any help as its coming down to the wire..only 2 months left !!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
"I Loved Her First" - is that too country for you?
or
"Dance with my Father again" luther vandross (too sad??)

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
How about "Unforgettable"...the Nat King Cole/Natalie Cole version?

Or "What a Wonderful World" (Louis Armstrong)

For something a bit more upbeat, you could do "My Girl."

My husband and his mother danced to "You've Got a Friend' by James Taylor and I think that would also be nice.

Another not-oft-used suggestion might be "Time After Time" by Cyndi Lauper.

Hopefully that gets your brain churning!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
So glad you asked about this, as I'm having the same trouble coming up with some options! We're meeting with the parents tonight for dinner at our hosue, so I'm hoping this can be something we discuss as well. I'll let you know if we come up with anything! :)

mogster

Shiny_Rock
I'll be using "Father and Daughter" by Paul Simon.

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not going to be much help probably because I'm dancing with my grandfather instead of my stepfather (who is walking me down the aisle). We're using the Dixie Chicks version of The Rainbow Connection. It's a sweet song that reminds me of my childhood, but there's not any parental meaning behind it.

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
My father and I danced to "Dream" by Priscilla Ahn. It's a very pretty song.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
My Dad and I danced to "The Way You Look Tonight" by Frank Sinatra. This was the hardest song for me to choose for some reason!

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
"In My Life" by the Beatles. Dad loved that it was a fairly short song.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
We danced to "Because You Loved Me" by Celine Dion. Gorgeous song, and I really felt like it described our relationship perfectly. :))

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies,
Thanks for all the suggestions. We have decided to go with Stevie Wonder's " Isnt she lovely".. only 2 more weeks left and so much still to do including all the wedding music!!! I am so stressed !!!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
My dad and I will be dancing to Nat and Natalie's version of "Unforgettable"...but at the end we will play the final chorus of the Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again." Yes, the loud, angry rock song. When I was little, I used to excitedly volunteer to accompany my dad on errands around town while my mom was busy with stuff around the house...because driving around with my dad meant we got to crank up the radio and listen to rock music as loud as we wanted. My mom never liked it, so we'd listen to quiet classical or folk music (or no music) if she was there. But when it was just the two of us, it was the Who at full volume! I just thought it was the coolest thing ever. I can't think of a better song to symbolize my relationship with my dad! So we will start with Nat and Natalie for a sweet, slow dance and a tender moment, photo ops, etc....and then we will crank up the volume! My mom is going to kill us both, lol.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
blacksand|1343082037|3238756 said:
My dad and I will be dancing to Nat and Natalie's version of "Unforgettable"...but at the end we will play the final chorus of the Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again." Yes, the loud, angry rock song. When I was little, I used to excitedly volunteer to accompany my dad on errands around town while my mom was busy with stuff around the house...because driving around with my dad meant we got to crank up the radio and listen to rock music as loud as we wanted. My mom never liked it, so we'd listen to quiet classical or folk music (or no music) if she was there. But when it was just the two of us, it was the Who at full volume! I just thought it was the coolest thing ever. I can't think of a better song to symbolize my relationship with my dad! So we will start with Nat and Natalie for a sweet, slow dance and a tender moment, photo ops, etc....and then we will crank up the volume! My mom is going to kill us both, lol.

I love this!! :appl: Please take pictures of your mother's face lol

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
We used Josh Groban's "You Raise Me Up" for a combined mother/son and father/daughter dance.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results