shape
carat
color
clarity

Fast weight loss

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bprentiss

Rough_Rock
Trade
This user is shilling for a diet company.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
30-40 in 2-3 months just isn''t going to be realistic unfortunately. There is no weight loss that fast.

That being said, I''d cut out pastas, breads, and baked goods. Focus on fresh salads, fruits, vegetables, and only having meat a couple of times a week. Fish is ok too. Less cheese (fatty). Good snacks would be yogurt, fruit, nuts, cottage cheese (you can get fat free variety).

Start walking 20-30 minutes daily. Drink TONS of water. Green tea is good, and you can put cinnamon on fruit, in yogurt, in cottage cheese... you get the drift.

Good luck!!!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Yup, what dragonfly said.

Weight loss just isn't easy; there are no secret tricks, diets, drinks, etc.

Just as df said: whole grains, fruits, veggies, water. Limit your processed foods.
Be active; walk, bike, swim, or whatever you like to do, do it.

And do NOT starve yourself. You will just be slowing down your metabolism, and in the end, you'll gain weight. Eat small meals every 2-3 hours, and watch your portion sizes.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!
35.gif

ETA: Breakfast IS the most important meal of the day. Please don't skip it.

rierie26

Shiny_Rock
Like others have said 30 -40 isn''t really realistic. I guess it might be possible, but I''m going to guess you''d have to starve yourself and work out a crazy amount which wouldn''t be sustainable for 2-3 months, especially since you said you''re a binge eater.

I''ve found that I was able to lose a lot of weight relatively quickly by doing cardio at least 30 minutes a day everyday and cutting back about 500 calories a day (from my usual caloric intake). I was able to cut the calories without depriving myself or letting myself go hungry by upping the amount of fruits and veggies and cutting back on the fats and simple carbs.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
As the others have said, that really is not a feasible goal. In order to get as much off as possible, I would suggest 60 minutes of cardio per day in addition to a healthy diet. You will need the healthy diet in order to be able to do the 60 minutes!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I lost 15kg (33 lbs) in three months last year. It wasn't my aim to lose that amount but I do tend to lose weight easy when I put my mind to it. The main thing that I cut out was bread. I didn't drink any alcohol at all, cut out full-fat cheese and tried not to snack between meals. A rough days would be-
2 wheetabix biscuits with slim-line milk and a banana for breakfast, soup with crackers and light cream-cheese and some more fruit or a cereal bar for lunch, spaghetti bolognese or something similar for dinner with a big salad with it. For snacks during the day I had yoghurts or crackers and creamcheese.
I also exercised 4-5 times every week. I had to weigh in with a trainer at my gym every 4 weeks and on that night I would treat myself to a big take-away so that would always keep me going during the 4 weeks.

ETA-I didn't starve myself, was never hungry and still had a good dinner every night which included either potatoes, pasta etc. Portion control was key for the dinners.

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto on ditching the carbs and concentrating on lots of lean protein and vegetables. Aim to really increase the quantities of veggies so you feel full and use fruit in moderation as a treat.

How many calories do you typically eat per day? Maybe using something like CRON-O-METER to track your foods and nutritional intake would help?

Make sure you take a really good multivitamin and maybe add in other supplements e.g. EPA (fish oils) etc.

Eating healthily for the next few months and upping your exercise levels will really help with your skin, hair and figure! Concentrating on toning your arms may help if you''re planning on a strapless dress?

Good Luck!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
you must be in control of your eating! I spent years with an all or nothing mentally with food and would mentally beat myself up for overeating. And I was always hungry because I always thought about food! I like to use the daily plate calorie counter on the livestrong website and try to exercise 30-60 minutes six times a week. But the best advice is to be honest with yourself about what and how much you are eating. any gimmick weight loss will be gained back without establishing responsible eating. Good Luck
35.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
What about a liquid protein diet like medifast?

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2010 9:56:27 AM
Author: RhondaC
**Edited by moderator: This user is shilling for her own company**

This makes me laugh!
9.gif
20.gif

nom nom nom.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cookie diet is just a gimmick. You can choose any food you want, gummi bears, snickers bars, ice cream, whatever, and lose weight if you reduce the number of calories you eat.

Of course if it works for you, go for it, but it just isn''t sustainable and it would be much healthier to just eat really clean. You could lose the same amount of weight and not have to pay for the cookies and eat yummier things (IMO).

Non-starchy veggies, lean meats, and limited amounts of fruit and whole grains will get you on the fast track. But just know that 30-40 lbs is just not realistic unless you are very overweight to begin with. 20 is probably the high end of realistic in 2 months IMO.

joxxxelyn

Shiny_Rock
In addidtion to what dragonfly said, which is stellar advice, I have some things to add.

Limit salt
Limit coffee drinks
Sleep on a regular schedule and make sure you are sleeping enough
Make sure you are getting a variety of nutrients. Mild deficiencies can fuel hunger.
Make sure you''re getting enough omega oils.

These are more of a holistic approach but it has all worked for me. I''m in the 19-20 BMI range, and have been for the past four years. Prior to that, I was in the 24-25 BMI range and generally the difference is what dragonfly said plus little things I mentioned. I also keep my exercise fun by pairing up or doing group fitness. No fun= doesn''t get done.

OcMrsB

Rough_Rock
i''m on my second round of the HCG protocol and so far i''ve lost 32 lbs. do a google search and read the manuscript Pounds and Inches by Dr. Simeons , and then check out HappilyThinnerAfter.com (its a forum all about this protocol, you can find a lot of info there).

best thing that ever happened to me, but its not for everyone.

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
I know of two things. Don''t listen to anyone who says it can''t be done. It''s not easy but it can be done.

www.warpspeedfatloss.com

www.bodyrecomposition.com

both of these are sound. I have no affiliation.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2010 2:14:34 PM
**Edited by moderator: This user is shilling for her own company**!

What exactly makes these cookies healthy? Based on what I can find about the ingredients they seem pretty similar to regular cookies to me. And yes of course gummi bears aren't healthy but quite frankly neither is eating cookies 6 times a day. You don't get the varied diet you really need even if the cookies contain some small amount of healthy ingredients.

I don't think anyone who wants to drop weight this quickly is concerned with nutrition. And my point was that if you cut calories drastically eating anything you will lose weight. There's no need to spend hundreds of dollars on "diet cookies". If you eat 800-1000 calories a day of anything you'll lose the same amount of weight as you will if you spend lots of $ on the cookies. That's all. It would be healthier and cheaper to just eat 800 cals of lean meats, leafy veggies, and low sugar fruits.

ETA: Here are the ingredients for one of these cookie diets, who in the world would call these healthy besides the company owners?

water, defatted soy flour, whole-wheat flour, oats, whey protein (whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, partially hydrolyzed whey protein concentrate, maltodextrin, soy lecithin, natural and artificial flavors, carboxymethylcellulose, sucralose, acesulfame-potassium), sucralose, dietary fiber (maltodextrin and guar gum), natural vegetable oils, raisins, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, sodium bicarbonate, cornstarch, bicarbonate of soda, sodium aluminum sulfate, mono-calcium phosphate, potassium sorbate for mold inhibition, vitamin E.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2010 2:45:40 PM
Author: neatfreak
Date: 3/7/2010 2:14:34 PM

**Edited by moderator: This user is shilling for her own company**

What exactly makes these cookies healthy? Based on what I can find about the ingredients they seem pretty similar to regular cookies to me. And yes of course gummi bears aren''t healthy but quite frankly neither is eating cookies 6 times a day. You don''t get the varied diet you really need even if the cookies contain some small amount of healthy ingredients.

I don''t think anyone who wants to drop weight this quickly is concerned with nutrition. And my point was that if you cut calories drastically eating anything you will lose weight. There''s no need to spend hundreds of dollars on ''diet cookies''. If you eat 800-1000 calories a day of anything you''ll lose the same amount of weight as you will if you spend lots of $ on the cookies. That''s all. It would be healthier and cheaper to just eat 800 cals of lean meats, leafy veggies, and low sugar fruits.

ETA: Here are the ingredients for one of these cookie diets, who in the world would call these healthy besides the company owners?

water, defatted soy flour, whole-wheat flour, oats, whey protein (whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, partially hydrolyzed whey protein concentrate, maltodextrin, soy lecithin, natural and artificial flavors, carboxymethylcellulose, sucralose, acesulfame-potassium), sucralose, dietary fiber (maltodextrin and guar gum), natural vegetable oils, raisins, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, sodium bicarbonate, cornstarch, bicarbonate of soda, sodium aluminum sulfate, mono-calcium phosphate, potassium sorbate for mold inhibition, vitamin E.

I too want to know what makes these cookies "healthy and nutritious"? I saw no vitamins or minerals which promotes healthy skin, nails, hair, etc. I''m sure the OP is concerned with these if she is getting married soon. IMHO, some oatmeal and a piece of fruit would be just as many calories and better for you.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
tradergirl - I''m sorry, I understand it''s doable, but it is not healthy nor is it long term feasible.

annadragon

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/7/2010 2:18:03 PM
Author: OcMrsB
i''m on my second round of the HCG protocol and so far i''ve lost 32 lbs. do a google search and read the manuscript Pounds and Inches by Dr. Simeons , and then check out HappilyThinnerAfter.com (its a forum all about this protocol, you can find a lot of info there).

best thing that ever happened to me, but its not for everyone.

A friend of mine brought the HCG diet protocol to my attention a while back. A search of pubmed didn''t turn up alot of articles but of the few I found when they compared the HCG protocol to a straight-forward very low calorie diet (VLCD) there was no significant difference in weight loss.

You can attempt fast weight loss and still keep nutritious food on your table. Cut out carbs including sugar (HFCS, sugar, honey, agave, sucrose, fructose, etc) fruit, fruit juices, starchy veggies, no breads or pastas and even legumes. Eat a high fat, high protein diet with minimal processing from real food sources in the vein of Atkins. Keep yourself in ketosis so less than 50g of carbohydrate per day. Use a tool like Fitday.com to track your food intake. If you want to count calories you can but if you keep your carbs low and fat and protein intake high enough you''ll feel sated, you won''t drive up your insulin levels which result in more hunger and this should expedite your weight loss.

Also as someone mentioned cutout your salt intake this leads to water retention and will skew your weight. There is an entire host of science which backs up the efficacy and safety of this type of approach look at Dr. Kurt Harris of PaNu, Drs. Eades of Protein Power, Art Devany, Mark Sisson of Marks Daily Apple, heck even the work of Dr. Atkins.

If you deprive your body and starve yourself you set yourself up for failure.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you''re a binge eater, you need to look at your eating habits. . .are you eating while on the computer or watching TV? If so, just stopping those two habits will help out.

Also, if you''re cutting out meals during the day, you may be more likely to binge later on into the evening. One way to make yourself feel full is by drinking tons of tea! At night while watching TV, I usually have 2-3 cups (with just tea - no sugar or anything else) and it makes me feel full.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
bprentiss-It might help if you gave us an idea of your current frame (height/weight) and general level of health and fitness.

I had to go on a special diet for my asthma in 2001 and dropped weight really fast. I was speed walking 5 miles 4 days per week, taking dance class and/or yoga twice a week, and eating only whole, clean foods:

fruits, vegetables, fish, whole grains, eggs (no dairy, refined wheat, refined sugar, processed foods...) I dropped about 25 lbs in 2 months (the goal was just to isolate my asthma/allergy issues but the weight loss was great) unfortunately, I gained it all back when I stopped walking and started eating more processed foods.

I am currently trying to return to eating like that for health and weight issues, but it''s hard to stick to...

Petraay

Rough_Rock
First tell us what is your height and weight.

Still you don''t need to make much amendments in your eating habits, this can cause you another troubles, and weight loss in just 2 months is not safe in any case. You should not feel embarrassed on your personality. Just eat healthy on regular intervals. Drink a lot of water and also start doing Yoga.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I have a couple suggestions.
First and foremost, cut all artificial sugars like NutraSweet, etc. Those will screw you up no matter what else you are doing. Same will all sweetened drinks. Only drink water, tea, coffee, etc without anything sweetener. Your body doesn''t seem to recognize the calories so you absorb them without feeling full.

The easiest thing that can help is substituting things for what you really like. I love chocolate, so instead of brownies, I eat 2 squares of Lindt 85% dark chocolate. I get my fix, don''t feel deprived and its much better.
Just have to have a pizza? Go with an Amy''s natural pizza. If you are a binge eater who wants to lose that much weight, you need to have a way to fight specific cravings and this is a good way to do it. If you have to snack, get a veggie instead, I grab a handful of black olives.

Instead of a liquid protein diet, I have a better suggestion. Make your own chicken soup. Use chicken broth with little or no added salt, whole wheat noodles and vegetables you like. I also add disolvable fiber so it is more filling. This is easy, healthy and can be really low cal.

Finally, pick up a hobby you can do with your hands while you are doing things like watching TV. My mom knits, I do bead work, other people sew, draw, do sudoku,etc. This keeps your hands busy and you mind occupied so you don''t reach for food instead.

Finally, exercise, but find something you like. I hate running, so I usually dance or ride my bike,but my mom doesn''t like biking,etc. If you try to force it,you will hate it more.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
This thread''s now over a month old, and Bprentiss hasn''t replied to anyone''s suggestions. I don''t think she''s coming back.

FWIW though, BIH -- I love your idea of adding disolveable fiber to soup. That''s a great idea! I''m assuming you could also add it to spaghetti sauces and things like that, right? I never thought to do that but it would be a way to get more fiber in my diet. Thanks for the tip!

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2010 12:50:33 PM
Author: Zoe
This thread''s now over a month old, and Bprentiss hasn''t replied to anyone''s suggestions. I don''t think she''s coming back.

FWIW though, BIH -- I love your idea of adding disolveable fiber to soup. That''s a great idea! I''m assuming you could also add it to spaghetti sauces and things like that, right? I never thought to do that but it would be a way to get more fiber in my diet. Thanks for the tip!
I love it. I don''t eat that much, so getting enough of everything is hard, especially since I don''t love wheat flavor. I add it to tea and soup mostly, but you can add it to anything wet. It is best to get it as naturally as possible, but I have had really good luck with the totally disolvable stuff. If you use a lot, you can taste a little bit of sweetness, but that is it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results