shape
carat
color
clarity

fantasy fudge secrets, tips?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
I''m making fantasy fudge today to take over to the inlaws on Tuesday and was wondering if anybody had some great secret ingredients to make it extra yummy?
9.gif

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
I''m not too much into sweets but my sister makes a wonderful one for gifting, I think she uses coconut milk and a ''specific'' marshmallow. I can ask if you''re interested, R.

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
marshmellow puff in a jar? hmmmm...coconut milk? that might be interesting
1.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
What''s fantasy fudge? Fudge smeared all over Johnny Depp?

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
Well....I would pick Richard Gere
3.gif

Fantasy Fudge

Yes, this is the original Fantasy Fudge recipe from the back of the Kraft Marshmallow Creme jar. We''ll never know why they changed the recipe on us, but we''ve preserved the recipe for you right here.

Makes about 117
3 cups sugar
3/4 cup margarine
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 12-oz. (340 g) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 7-oz. (198 g) jar Kraft Marshmallow creme
1 cup chopped nuts
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Traditional method:
Combine sugar, margarine and milk in heavy 2-1/2 quart saucepan; bring to full rolling bail, stirring constantly. Continue boiling 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring. Remove from heat, stir in chocolate till melted. Add marshmallow creme, nuts & vanilla beat till blended. Pour into greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Let cool and cut into 1-inch squares.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
My favorite fudge of all time...ever...is always the one with marshmallow creme. Bar None. No contest.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, as if the sugar cookie decorating that I did tonight wasn''t enough....now I''m dreaming of fudge.
31.gif

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
I''m lazy. I buy the box of everything you need to make fudge. I found it at Walmart. It''s easy and all ingredients are put in one box...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have had the boxed fudge too at some work thing and it was soooo good. who thought fudge would be so easy?!? i have never made it.

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
Tehhe, I'm not a fudge person at all
10.gif
13.gif

Date: 12/13/2009 2:08:36 PM
Author: exoticisabella
marshmellow puff in a jar? hmmmm...coconut milk? that might be interesting
1.gif
Alright, here it goes, according to J, 1 to 2 Cups of walnuts should be 'roasted' in 350F oven for a few minutes to release 'flavor' first, be careful not to burn them, give them a rough chop, this would make a huge difference. She makes 4 batches, 3 of them with coconut milk, apparently it's a family fave in her DH's side.

You will also need:
1 bar of Scharffen Berger semi-sweet chocolate 62% [9.7oz] or best avail, chopped.
3 C of sugar
3/4 C unsalted butter
2/3 C coconut milk [unsweetened] or traditional evaporated milk
7 oz marshmallow creme of choice [she has used Toonie Noonie for years but can be very hard to find]
2 teaspoons vanilla

Grease a 13x9 baking dish or line with parchment paper. Combine sugar, butter and milk in a large saucepan, slowly bring to a boil stirring constantly, continue boiling for 5 minutes over medium heat until it reaches 235F degrees in a candy thermometer, remove from heat and stir in the chocolate, stir then add marshmallow creme, vanilla and roasted nuts.
Pour the fudge into the prepared dish and let cool, after 5 minutes decorate if desired by using a spatula to make a swirl on the top of the fudge. Cool and slice into desired size using a thin knife. Yields 3 lbs.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the recipe of the Marshmallow fluff jar... I swear it''s the same fudge they sell here at a high end horse show. I got addicted to that fudge and tried to find a recipe, and there is was all along on the jar of Fluff. Man is is good.

I guess adding nuts makes it fantasy?? Not sure..
34.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2009 11:19:00 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I love the recipe of the Marshmallow fluff jar... I swear it''s the same fudge they sell here at a high end horse show. I got addicted to that fudge and tried to find a recipe, and there is was all along on the jar of Fluff. Man is is good.

I guess adding nuts makes it fantasy?? Not sure..
34.gif
It''s the absolute best. It''s so creamy and doesn''t have the gritty sugary taste or texture. It doesn''t get too hard or too soft. Adding nuts just makes it that much better. Seriously, I find all other fudge to be sub-par to the fluff jar recipe.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Yum, I''m also a fan of the fluff stuff! I''m making a big batch of that and Mrs. Salvo''s peanut butter fudge for my hubby''s coworkers next week.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Oh YUM, there are some GREAT fudge recipes out there. I like to do a chocolate one with a mint centre, and a chocolate bar fudge with caramel and nuts for xmas. Fudge is always a bit hit and what i like about it is that one recipe can go a long ways when i am trying to fill boxes of assorted baking.

Must i must try that fluff-based recipe....sounds fun!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the mashmallow fudge too! I have made 8 batches so far this holiday! My family can''t seem to get enough-oh and I made two of the batches for the school faculty christmas cookie. YUMM!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results