shape
carat
color
clarity

FancyDiamondInc.com in Houston, Tx. 7500 Bellaire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

misspooskitty

Rough_Rock
Has anyone had any dealings with this firm buying a loose white diamond?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I don't know anything about them, but there is another company in Houston that is very reputable.

White Flash.

They are great people to work with. White Flash cuts their own A Cut Above H&A's and stocks other diamonds that have been hand selected for quality and performance in the Expert Selection.
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are some interesting statements on their site, (LINK)

For example, they say:
“You can save a lot of money buying diamonds, from galleria diamonds on the Internet. other sites have sites too but most of the listed diamonds are trade rejects, the people who buy diamonds generally do not have the expertise, can not see compare them.”

That’s pretty harsh, but anyway, they can say it… However, I could not find any representation of an actual loose stone on the site – just database listings of diamonds. Should I understand that they select their diamonds on the same limited info?

Further on, they advice that diamonds should be bought with lab certs: great – but no certificates are listed for loose stones.

And they say: “Grading reports and other appraisals that tell you a diamonds worth” – while each lab goes to great length to say not so in their disclaimer.

Anyway, this site sells diamonds not a lesson of writing style.
11.gif

As long as you can evaluate what you are buying – why not go for it. With the minimal service promised for loose stones (as shows at first sight), their prices should really be attractive! And… actually are. At least the rings on their “discount” section seem quite a list of bargains, with the only reserve that the pieces come with a ready-made appraisal, while I would appreciate the liberty to have the final purchase contingent on some sort of independent appraisal (of my choice).

These guys clearly focus on some different type of merchandise than Whiteflash – no AGS0 or Harts and Arrows diamonds, no brilliance tests and so forth… and a different understanding of “premium” cut diamonds.

I’ve never seen that particular website before – but given appropriate intermediation (meaning either your knowledge of diamonds or the advice of an appraiser of your choice) any would do.

Other sellers have built some reputation on Pricescope and this is by now available to you. Not the seller you mention though.

weemodin

Shiny_Rock
I've heard good things about whiteflash too. Personally, I worked with Keith Shaftel at Shaftel Diamond co. when my Fiance was buying my engagement ring and he was excellent to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results