shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy owners, was your first diamond a round?

Fancy-Cut Owners: Was Your First Diamond a Round?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes
No

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, my first stone was a round. Now it''s a pear.
1.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never wanted a round until just recently.... I wanted an oval and got a cushion and I still would take the cushion over any shape if I could only have one, but my second diamond will be round and much much smaller.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope, a Lucida. The next one will be a cushion or an emerald-cut.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet, yay! I love my emerald cut, it is my second upgrade (very first was a round, and though I love them they do not send me over the moon!)

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No I started with an OVAL. As long as earrings don''t count. My diamond studs are round and my first set was bought well before I was engaged.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2007 10:35:46 PM
Author: diamondfan
Harriet, yay! I love my emerald cut, it is my second upgrade (very first was a round, and though I love them they do not send me over the moon!)
I love your emerald cut too.
1.gif
I''m afraid I''ll have to wait a while.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I did okay, my first stone was a round and then I got my first emerald cut, from Tiffany''s, which was beautiful, 3 carat center, 1 carat on each side, all E VVS...then I traded it for this one I have now, they were wonderful about it. I was married 15 years and turned 40 so I felt I had earned it!!! I have been slowly collecting my wish list items over the last years and it is great, I am sure it will come together for you too!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you -- I hope so too! i recently got my first upgrade, so I shouldn''t be too greedy. My wishlist is very short though.
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
wishlists can evolve, too! so just love each thing you get and just know the list can be ever changing!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Nope first was a marquise. I was corrupted by the super ideal H & A beauties i found online.

shay

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
First was a pear. DH picked it and while I love it, I love ovals more....Bowties and all!

darling

Shiny_Rock
Not counting the earrings my first diamond was/is an emerald cut.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, my first was a round. Pre pricescope days, bought at the mall. Like most mall stores, they had the usual, round, princess, marquise. Not a lot to chose from. I got lucky though. It sparkles like mad and seems to have arrows.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
No, my first ring was a marquise, second was a round, third was a pear and fourth was a round...and I still have all of them...
14.gif
...my poor husband...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope, my first and curren r-ring stone was a radiant. My wedding band stones are rounds...because I got suckered into the light performance!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first diamond ring, which I still have, was a 1.25 carat pear that was a 21st birthday present. For the next 2 birthdays, I got a 1.15 carat round and a .50 carat round. Then came a 1.03 carat marquise (my favorite shape), a 1.76 carat oval, another pear (3.56 carats), 2 radiant cuts (1.75 and 1.18 carats) and a 1.42 carat emerald cut. None of my colored stones are round, except for the rubies in a pair of earrings. All of my other round brilliants are in necklaces, bracelets and earrings, and set around the colored stones and on the bezels of watches. I also have one eternity ring made of rounds.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I started with a round because I didn''t know any better.
9.gif
Honestly, I had not seen other shapes before and RB was always touted as THE engagement ring. Once I started looking around later during an upgrade shopping session, I became aware of the other shapes and then found my true love, emerald cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results