shape
carat
color
clarity

Fancy Deep Yellow Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fiaind

Rough_Rock
I have no idea what to do with this diamond, graded by GIA as a .43 SI1 brilliant oval fancy deep brownish greenish yellow.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

deepyellow1.jpg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Due to small size, it would probably be best for a ring, but the choice is up to you. I would consider green gold (not actually green, but yellow with a green tinge, some folks here used it - you can try the search function), cause it could work really well with your stone. It''s tone is quite dark, so a more open setting would probably be better (i.e. prongs), and I''d rule out things like a halo, for which I think your stone is a bit small. If you use diamonds somewhere, my suggestion would be on the sides; either one larger or several smaller stones on each side. Maybe diamonds channel set in the shank would work nicely, with your stone in the center and possibly one diamond on each side, sized between the shank and the center stone.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As it''s an oval it will probably look bigger than the actual carat size so I would definitely halo this with white diamonds. I have a number of coloured diamonds under the 1ct mark and they do benefit from being made to look bigger.

If you look on this forum, a poster recently showed photos of a beautiful purple heart shaped diamond in a type of halo''d setting that was gorgeous and made the diamond look very substantial. I''m not suggesting the same setting but it might give you some ideas.

In terms of the colour I have a similar chameleon diamond and went with platinum but in all honestly your diamond will probably go with most colours of gold (apart from rose gold)!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would personally do a high karat (18K or higher) yellow gold with a halo to make it look larger. I think this color would benefit from yellow gold. I agree with LD that rose gold would not do much for it.

Fiaind

Rough_Rock
Okay, I got the measurements for the diamond yesterday, and it''s a 5.7 by 3.8, so with a bit of adjustment should fit alright into a standard 6x4 setting.

I''ll be honest, I''m not much for halos, most of the accenting on done on main stones has been like the following picture.

That is a .72 fancy brown diamond with pink and green tourmaline above. However, I doubt what worked for my brown diamond is going to work for this brownish yellow.

necksmall.jpg

empress

Shiny_Rock
Why not put it with tsavorites or something strong green in color as accent stones.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results