shape
carat
color
clarity

fake tissot watches at amsterdam diamond center

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kaks

Rough_Rock
I purchased a Tissot watch (Seastar Automatic) from Amsterdam Diamond Center, only to find that the damn watch was faulty. Its power reserve was faulty, i think, given that it would stop working after 5 hours off-wrist. When i contacted them after 2 days, they said the only option is to ship the watch back to Tissot, get it repaired, and get it shipped back to them and that i shd check in 1 month!!! This was totally outrageous, given the 2 yrs guarantee on a brand new product. Why could they not replace it? Who would allow to spend such money on a brand new Tissot and then it gets repaired the next week??? I THINK they sold me a fake Tissot product and I am prepared to take all the action there is (legal) against them. I have already contacted Tissot and I am totally dissapointed with ADC. All buyers, beware, Amsterdam Diamoind Center sells fake stuff.
rolleyes.gif

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
Another smearing post against Amsterdam Diamond Center. Is this legit or just another smear campaign? Becareful about accusing someone of fraud before you have all the facts.
nono.gif

jlim

Shiny_Rock
homer_j - wouldn't you be pissed too if the couple thousand dollar watch you paid for doesn't work properly? I would be furious.

Seeing it is an automatic watch, it could be the watch *power reserve* is not fully charged and it is possible after 5 hours, it runs out of juice. The poster did not say if it keeps time etc. while he's wearing it.

Usually fake watches are pretty easy to spot. Easiest give away is their relatively light weight. Unless of course the watch is a light weight to begin with, then look at the straps (leather or metal). Fake usually use generic looking ones and not the official ones that come with the authentic watch. Lastly, look at the case back as well as the dial. Dead giveaway for imitation.

So, I seriously doubt you got a fake watch. Maybe just a quirky automatic.

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Easy Kaks,
I understand you being upset because your new high quality brand name watch has a problem but it is not unreasonable that you have the send the watch off to get repaired or replaced. They are not going to send someone to your house to pick it up and your local jeweler/watch repair person is probably not an authorized Tissot repair person.
It may or may not be fake, but I don't think fake watches have two year warranties. Stuff happens, relax.

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
Sure, but Buyer Beware. I responded to this post in the hangout also and wonder what's the big deal is with just having it repaired if you don't need a new one. When you have a faulty component in your car that is under warranty, they don't just give you the keys to a new one. They fix the part. In light of recent postings, I think guys like this need to cool off and take care of their own business first. If after receiving conclusive evidence of some misdoing, POST AWAY. But until I see it....All forum readers beware, kaks posts fake stuff.
rolleyes.gif

Sorry. I hope this doesn't go the way of the other posts.

kaks

Rough_Rock
Actually, I think this watch could be genuine but had a factory fault. I only honestly thought that if sucha fault is identified within 2 days of purchase, it is only fair that Amsterdam Diamond Center should have replaced the watch, other than tell me to give it to them to send it back to Tissot for repair and i get the same repaired watch... This is awful, and that is why i thought, if it is not a fake Tissot that they dont trust, why did they not just replace it and send the faulty one to Tissot? Reason i got here is that 1, i felt it was unfair treatment 2, i saw a silimar comment about Amsterdam Diamond Center about a fake diamond.

kaks

Rough_Rock
homer_j, look here, this is my second automatic watch, my first was a Tag heuer that served me 13 loyal years without ever stopping!!! I give it to my Dad (coz he likes it) and 'upgrade' to this Tissot i thought would do the same or better, but i get disappointments in the first days, tell me, what would you have done? Just FYI it's a T55.0.483.11 Seastar. I am not posting anything fake here, I wanted Amsterdam Diamond Center to get me a replacement. Cars and watches are different my dear!

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
That sounds more reasonable. I'd say take diamonbob's advice. Or make that proposition to the folks at ADC. Tell them you would rather not wait for it to be repaired and don't feel comfortable with that and if it is possible to receive a new replacement. They probably can say no, but they may say yes. Worth a shot and may work if you don't attack them. You will only receive respect and understanding if you are will to give respect and understanding.

kaks

Rough_Rock
Well homer_j, now we're talkin the same. Not sexy at all to spend that much and it turns sour. I talked to them for hours and all they could tell me was "sir sir si sir x 100000, we can only send it back to Tissot, we could have given u another one but this was the only one in stock --- (i did not believe this of course...)-- so sir sir sir, u have to wait for 1 month till the watch comes back from Tissot". Come to think of this, I accepted, coz i had no choice, i live in Holland, but let's say, I was a tourist, just imagine what kind of fire i wd be spitting! I however still ask myself why a brand new Tissot watch could be like this, leaves me to ponder whether it was a genuine Tissot, and is actually now being sent back to Tissot, or is somewhere in a watch repairer's workshop in Amsterdam!

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
Look where?
9.gif

Yes, cars and watches are different, but it was just an analogy to make the point. If you don't trust them, can you just get your money back. I don't think tourists should make expensive purchases like this, it's too difficult to follow up on should something go wrong. If it is a scam, it's a clever one. I say give them their 4 weeks and then raise hell. If not back in five, just demand a full refund and buy a new one someplace else. What were the terms of the sale, warranty and return policy?

As for what I would have done... I wouldn't buy such an expensive watch. Nothing more than $100. They all break too easily or they just get lost. Besides, I prefer digital, takes too long to figure out the time on one with hands.
9.gif
Like sunglasses, I refuse to pay more than $15. I lose them or break them every year.

Also, when I said your post was fake, it was a joke.
loopy.gif

Famous Homer Simpson Quote: "Oh, jokes....I get jokes."

Man, work is a real snooze today!
5.gif

jlim

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 6/12/2003 9:33:45 AM homer_j wrote:
As for what I would have done... I wouldn't buy such an expensive watch. Nothing more than $100. They all break too easily or they just get lost. Besides, I prefer digital, takes too long to figure out the time on one with hands.
9.gif
Like sunglasses, I refuse to pay more than $15. I lose them or break them every year.
----------------

I bet you if you paid a couple of thousand for a nice automatic watch, it is not going to break or get lost easily now though you'll cry at the $300-$500 bill to get the internals cleaned and oiled every 3 years or so
2.gif

And when you pay more than $100 for sunglasses (are there really any good $15 glasses anyway??), rest assure you are not going to loose them or break them every year.

Why do you think people who carry Louis Vuitton bags claim their bags are more durable than comparable bags?? Not because of the high quality vinyl that's for sure. It is because they paid premium for a premium brand and thus take care of it much better than say a cheap $50 handbag.

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
True. The more you pay, the more careful and vigilant you will be. As pretentious as I am sometimes, I just can't justify several hundred bucks just to know what time it is or to keep the glare out of my eyes. No doubt a Rolex is sturdier than my fossil. But my Timex takes a lickin and keeps on ticking.
9.gif

But I guess you have to pay a lot to look good.
Unfortunatley, I just can't afford to look that good.
15.gif

Sorry for hijacking your thread kaks.

kaks

Rough_Rock
Well well, like jlim says, a 100$ or less watch may not get the exact care as a 1000+ Euro watch. I gave u an example of the Tag Heuer that has gone 13 yrs, only serviced once at 6th year and is still going stronger! I'll take your advice homer_j. I'm gonna wait for the 4 weeks for the watch to get back from Tissot, get it to full power, and see how long it takes (normally, it shd be 40 - 46 hrs).
Hey, am sure your eyes are crossed coz of the 15$ sunglasses!
10.gif
If it has the same problem, I'll insist on a full refund, shd this fail, I 'll get one good lawyer, besides, i've already spent lots.
angryfire.gif

kaks

Rough_Rock
But I guess you have to pay a lot to look good.
Unfortunatley, I just can't afford to look that good.

homer_j, i think anyone can afford what they want, may not surprise me that you have a 80 $ watch and you drive a 700,000 $ lamborghini Diablo!!!!
lickout.gif

homer_j

Shiny_Rock
$15 is expensive, I try to get them for less then $10. I really only wear them when driving and running so I just pick up some cheap designer knockoffs at the local Kwik-E-Mart that will cut the glare and stay on my face when running. I don't want to have to perform maintenance or care for a watch or sunglasses. Paying that much is simply a waste of money, rather materialistic. But then again, this is a diamond forum. Go figure.
2.gif

Funny about the eyes being crossed. I chose that avatar because it reminds me of when Homer Simpson says, "Ooh, sparkly." Which is diamond appropriate. Or usually, "Ooh, donut." Which is more appropriate. Do you get the Simpson's in the EU, does it come off nearly as funny when translated?

kaks

Rough_Rock
homer_j, the Simpsons, u mean the cartoons? Man, the only cartoon I would watch is Tom & Jerry. Surprisingly though, English TV series are shown and broadcast in english and Dutch translation text on screen (which i think shd be the other way round!). Even where I work, the official language is English! However, some village here in Holland has the natives where, if you dont speak in Dutch, u get no reply! (Just like the French who know ans can speak english but will deliberately not speak it.Ever been to Paris, ask for direction from a Frenchman in English, always get a reply in French!).
confused.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results