shape
carat
color
clarity

Fake LGD's

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
I read about this a year (?) ago. I seem to remember that mined melee was cheaper and more widely available, so a certain MMD company was using mined melee in its settings without disclosing. Hard to argue the moral/ethical angle with your MMD and then turn around and include mined melee in the setting.

I seem to remember couples who had even purchased moissanite rings and wound up with mined diamond melee in their settings; these couples were excited about moissy and were very upset to find their setting included mined diamonds. To each their own; transparency is key.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Ooof gross. It's fine to have mined if I expect it. But ugh if I am paying for LGD than I expect LGD stones. Same the other way around! Not ok to not disclose!!
Edited bc I am a dum dum and flipped it in my brain.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Well that's kind of strange. I do look for jewelry pieces with lab diamonds or moissanites in melee size though because so often when they're mined diamonds, they're of poor quality.

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
That is unfortunate. There was no lab melee when I was engaged, so we opted for a solitaire. At our 10th anniversary, we went with a halo because the setting was sold as having lab diamonds.

Ada Diamonds CEO

Rough_Rock
Trade

We've had natural melee 'spiced' into our man-made melee for years now, so we carefully screen our goods pre and post-production to ensure we don't sell mined diamonds to our clientele.

We put out a press release about it in 2017 to try to reduce the problem:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This reminds me of Burger King (hungry Jacks to Garry H) cooking their meat-free burger patties on the grill alongside all the meat patties

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
This reminds me of Burger King (hungry Jacks to Garry H) cooking their meat-free burger patties on the grill alongside all the meat patties

Another of the funny naming wars hahahaha D&D
Never understood why they need to make their meat free products look like and taste like meat. Let alone call it vegan or vegetarian meat??? Soy Milk???
But naming wars are normal human activity: the only folk who call natural diamonds 'mined diamonds' are lab grown sellers but the labs are factories not labs.
What's in a name!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another of the funny naming wars hahahaha D&D
Never understood why they need to make their meat free products look like and taste like meat. Let alone call it vegan or vegetarian meat??? Soy Milk???
But naming wars are normal human activity: the only folk who call natural diamonds 'mined diamonds' are lab grown sellers but the labs are factories not labs.
What's in a name!

On all accounts some marketing 'genius' best work :lol:

( i think it's only milk if it comes from a teat and i admit i havn't seen how soya beans grow but I'd be surprised if they udders )

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
On all accounts some marketing 'genius' best work :lol:

( i think it's only milk if it comes from a teat and i admit i havn't seen how soya beans grow but I'd be surprised if they udders )

Udder Mudder's?

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
We went for dinner a while ago & vegan chicken was on the menu....
Confused I said to my 10 year old daughter “What is vegan chicken...?!”... She replied “a Chicken who doesn’t eat meat or animal products!”.

I didn’t try it. I’m all for veggies, but if I want something to taste like meat I will order meat.

A Inns

Rough_Rock
Trade

Hi Garry,

We first started noticing it in 2018, but it has increased in frequency. We felt it was important to share with the trade. We are focused on transparency (for example, we were the first lab to include post-growth treatments on reports) and disclosure. It is important for the customer to know what they have, no matter what the "mix" is. Happy to answer any questions as best I can about the findings.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
(for example, we were the first lab to include post-growth treatments on reports

Bravo!!!
Has anyone else noticed that sites selling Fancy COlored Lab Grown Diamonds ( which are ALL Irradiated) not mentioning that fact?
Nor does IGI, or GCAL, from what I can see...unless I've missed it??

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
Bravo!!!
Has anyone else noticed that sites selling Fancy COlored Lab Grown Diamonds ( which are ALL Irradiated) not mentioning that fact?
Nor does IGI, or GCAL, from what I can see...unless I've missed it??

I wish this was done, particularly for blue ones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results