shape
carat
color
clarity

Fake? Fracture filled? Both?

airplay355

Shiny_Rock
I agree, I don’t want her to sell it. I figured if I tried selling it, maybe I’d be able to get $10k but to replace it would be $30k-$40k. Hard to say because it seems like when things get this big and unique they’re essentially just worth whatever you get someone to pay.

I like the story and I’ve put in a decent bit of effort getting it from unknown broken something to certified and ready to set. I don’t really want to be involved in selling it now. Honestly, I’d like it to be a ring.

Daisy_Margaret

Rough_Rock
I just stumbled upon this thread and wanted to say what an absolute treat it was to follow along — thank you! I’m in love with this stone, well done.

VividRed

Brilliant_Rock
I would have opted for the prestige grading report, it would have given information on the quality of color, cut, and finish - together with a total quality integration rating. Once you know the stone is unheated (which you did), I think that’s the only value add to an AGL report

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
That is crying out to become a pendant to me!

airplay355

Shiny_Rock
I would have opted for the prestige grading report, it would have given information on the quality of color, cut, and finish - together with a total quality integration rating. Once you know the stone is unheated (which you did), I think that’s the only value add to an AGL report

I thought I did get the prestige report? I’m pretty sure I got the most expensive one they offered. It’s still at AGL so maybe I can upgrade?

Edit - Oh I see what you mean it’s the prestige report with grading. I’ll call them tomorrow and ask if they can add that. Hopefully it’s not a while separate charge since they still have the stone and won’t have to redo the rest of the report. I honestly thought that’s what I asked for in the first place but who knows.

VividRed

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I did get the prestige report? I’m pretty sure I got the most expensive one they offered. It’s still at AGL so maybe I can upgrade?

Edit - Oh I see what you mean it’s the prestige report with grading. I’ll call them tomorrow and ask if they can add that. Hopefully it’s not a while separate charge since they still have the stone and won’t have to redo the rest of the report. I honestly thought that’s what I asked for in the first place but who knows.

I would definitely ask for that, it’s really the main reason to get an AGL report once you know the stone in unheated

airplay355

Shiny_Rock
I spoke to AGL and they said color/cut grading isn’t really used anymore since it can be so subjective and that the report I got it what I needed. Cut grading was a “grandfathered in service” and color is just on a scale and is a number which isn’t used by any of the auction houses in the area.

I didn’t entirely understand but they were pretty confident that I didn’t need to add to the report. They’re the experts though, right? Sounds like I’ve got all I really need?

VividRed

Brilliant_Rock
I spoke to AGL and they said color/cut grading isn’t really used anymore since it can be so subjective and that the report I got it what I needed. Cut grading was a “grandfathered in service” and color is just on a scale and is a number which isn’t used by any of the auction houses in the area.

I didn’t entirely understand but they were pretty confident that I didn’t need to add to the report. They’re the experts though, right? Sounds like I’ve got all I really need?

I am sad to read this message. I suppose from now on I will only use Gübelin and SSEF, which saves me hundreds in shipping since I can bring the stones myself.

What a pity

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results