shape
carat
color
clarity

Fair Sapphire Price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

indigo

Rough_Rock
Included in the quote for a custom ring were two matching .25ct round medium blue clean sapphires. The quote added $100-150 for these stones. Doesn''t that seem like a lot? Not to mention that I''d rather use mm than ct because two .25ct stones can be totally different sizes or both be really small. What''s a fair price for two 3.5mm sapphires fitting the rest of the description?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is hard to answer because slight differences in color can make a huge price difference.

You are right in wanting to match mm not ct weight.
There are literly over a thousand differnt round cuts that I know about and I likely dont know a 1/10th of them and that doesnt take into account various depths of those cuts.

For some ideas check out:

http://www.israel-diamonds.com/
http://optimagem.bizland.com/Optimagem/OptimaRetail/homeFramesRetail.htm

Matched pairs usualy run a little more because of the hand work needed to sort them out.

Some dealers will just order in 2 calibrated stones and hope for the best that they match.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more: creativegem.com (you'd need to inquire if they do not post exactly what you need, the site is just the tip of that iceberg-size business).

Strmdr: I do not see mention of clarity for the calibrated gems at Optimagems... Any thoughts?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Val,
Its easy to miss because the page is so busy but if you hit the gem stocks link then the sapphire picture it lists next to quality AA AA+ AAA etc as well as the cut rating.
Then clicking on the word quality takes you to an explaination of their grading system.

It isnt the best website design out there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results