shape
carat
color
clarity

Faceted chrysoberyl in DanielM Argentium sterling silver basket setting

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I know I'm behind the PS curve on faceted chrysoberyl (though I think I was ahead of the curve on chrysoberyl cat's eye), but I've finally caught up. The stone is from an etsy lapidary, RaysCustomGems. I had a hard time capturing its beauty in the picture--the cut is lovely. DanielM made an Argentium sterling basket setting for me that sits flush with my wedding band, but also looks nice alone.

IMG_5590.jpg IMG_5593.jpg IMG_5601.jpg
IMG_5611.jpg IMG_5613.jpg IMG_5655.jpg IMG_5708.jpg

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is so beautiful. I love the greenish yellow colour of the chrysoberyl. I am trying to find a green chrysoberyl. What is the weight of the stone?

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
It is so beautiful. I love the greenish yellow colour of the chrysoberyl. I am trying to find a green chrysoberyl. What is the weight of the stone?

Thank you, pwsg. It's 1.75 ct, and the dimensions are 8.88 x 6.65 mm. In some light it's a bit greener and in some it's a bit yellower, but the pictures are generally pretty accurate as far as the color goes. Ray may have other chrysoberyls he hasn't listed--it's worth asking. He's a newish etsy seller and had no feedback before I bought my chrysoberyl from him, but I had a perfect experience with him. He's a retired medical physicist and cuts stones for fun.

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, pwsg. It's 1.75 ct, and the dimensions are 8.88 x 6.65 mm. In some light it's a bit greener and in some it's a bit yellower, but the pictures are generally pretty accurate as far as the color goes. Ray may have other chrysoberyls he hasn't listed--it's worth asking. He's a newish etsy seller and had no feedback before I bought my chrysoberyl from him, but I had a perfect experience with him. He's a retired medical physicist and cuts stones for fun.

Thanks for sharing. I have a chrysoberyl in similar colour. I have bought the rough online and this stone caused me so much trouble getting a cutter to cut. I am done with buying rough

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!!!!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I had coffee with my childhood best friend today. She always speaks her mind, and I love her. She pointed to my chrysoberyl and said, "Is that real?"
Me: Well...yes. Yes, it is. It's a real chrysoberyl.
BFF: Oh. What's a chrysoberyl?
Me: This is! What did you think it might be a real one OF?
BFF: I don't know--a diamond or something?
Me: No, not a diamond. Have you ever seen a diamond this color?
BFF: That's why I asked! What color IS it, anyway?
Me: Kind of chartreuse.
BFF: What color is chartreuse?
Me: This is!
Then we both laughed and talked about other things.

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
Lovely! I love chrysoberyl. It's such an underrated stone.

How long did it take for your ring to be completed?

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! I love chrysoberyl. It's such an underrated stone.

How long did it take for your ring to be completed?

I don't remember--it was several years ago. Apologies! I happened to be wearing it in a "What are you wearing today" post, and Neptune wanted to see photos of the chrysoberyl before it was set, so I revised this thread so as not to clutter up that thread with them. But I no longer remember all the details of my experience with the setting. I don't think it took all that long, and I was very happy with my interaction with Dan and with the resulting ring. The lapidary I bought the chrysoberyl from doesn't seem to be on etsy any longer, alas. I love this stone--he did a fantastic cutting job.

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
I don't remember--it was several years ago. Apologies! I happened to be wearing it in a "What are you wearing today" post, and Neptune wanted to see photos of the chrysoberyl before it was set, so I revised this thread so as not to clutter up that thread with them. But I no longer remember all the details of my experience with the setting. I don't think it took all that long, and I was very happy with my interaction with Dan and with the resulting ring. The lapidary I bought the chrysoberyl from doesn't seem to be on etsy any longer, alas. I love this stone--he did a fantastic cutting job.

Oh no, I didn't even notice the original date of this thread---sorry about that! Thank you for your response. :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had coffee with my childhood best friend today. She always speaks her mind, and I love her. She pointed to my chrysoberyl and said, "Is that real?"
Me: Well...yes. Yes, it is. It's a real chrysoberyl.
BFF: Oh. What's a chrysoberyl?
Me: This is! What did you think it might be a real one OF?
BFF: I don't know--a diamond or something?
Me: No, not a diamond. Have you ever seen a diamond this color?
BFF: That's why I asked! What color IS it, anyway?
Me: Kind of chartreuse.
BFF: What color is chartreuse?
Me: This is!
Then we both laughed and talked about other things.

...off to google chartreuse

but i love the colour
need more pictures !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results