shape
carat
color
clarity

Fabulous CS rings under 2,000 dollar!!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Adding my red spinel ring.

I bought this 1.05 ct natural, cushion-cut red spinel from AJS in 2005 for $50.58, which seemed like a lot to me at the time, but compared to now--wow. The photos showed a brilliantly bright red stone, but it seemed much darker to me when it arrived, and I never set it. Also long ago, in the glory days of Ebay, I found this lovely platinum setting. Recently I went through my box of bits and pieces, noticed that the spinel would fit in the setting, took them to my jeweler, and voilà.

IMG_5911.jpeg
IMG_6114.jpeg
IMG_6120.jpeg
IMG_6143.jpeg

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
Adding my red spinel ring.

I bought this 1.05 ct natural, cushion-cut red spinel from AJS in 2005 for $50.58, which seemed like a lot to me at the time, but compared to now--wow. The photos showed a brilliantly bright red stone, but it seemed much darker to me when it arrived, and I never set it. Also long ago, in the glory days of Ebay, I found this lovely platinum setting. Recently I went through my box of bits and pieces, noticed that the spinel would fit in the setting, took them to my jeweler, and voilà.

IMG_5911.jpeg
IMG_6114.jpeg
IMG_6120.jpeg
IMG_6143.jpeg

I really love the setting…almost as much as the spinel. A great combination!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I really love the setting…almost as much as the spinel. A great combination!

Me too, that setting is so unusual and suits the stone. Love it.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
IMG-6377.jpg
69869702084__241CC700-F188-475D-93B2-C0FFC1D44CD5.jpg

Ceylon blue unheated sapphire ring. Shown on a rainy day natural light and bright direct sunshine. I bought the ring as a complete ring from Etsy shop Siamese Jewelry located in Bangkok. Local cert.

Gemstone Weight: 1.43 ct.
Gemstone dimension (approx.): 6.82x5.92x4.14 mm.
Gemstone Cut: Mixed/Oval
Diamond Shape: Round
Diamond Total Weight: 0.43 Ct. around 2.10 mm. each.
Diamond Quality: Approx. G-H Color/VS clarity

Last edited:

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
IMG-6377.jpg
69869702084__241CC700-F188-475D-93B2-C0FFC1D44CD5.jpg

Ceylon blue unheated sapphire ring. Shown on a rainy day natural light and bright direct sunshine.

Gemstone Weight: 1.43 ct.
Gemstone dimension (approx.): 6.82x5.92x4.14 mm.
Gemstone Cut: Mixed/Oval
Diamond Shape: Round
Diamond Total Weight: 0.43 Ct. around 2.10 mm. each.
Diamond Quality: Approx. G-H Color/VS clarity

Tell us more! Did you buy the sapphire and have it set, or was it already in its pretty setting?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Tell us more! Did you buy the sapphire and have it set, or was it already in its pretty setting?

Thanks for that, I realized I left a TON out of the thread and added info above. It was a complete ring from an Etsy shop: Siamese Jewelry. The shop owner was beyond sweet. He is a young man just starting out, but is taking over from his father's business.

I also have him working on a small cad project for the daughter with a nice blue sapphire.

Last edited:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.1 carat Namibian demantoid in JTV.com $20 nickel free silver setting, with cz and synthetic sapphire melee, and I got the demantoid about 14 years ago for $100. I love this ring. I love this gem.

I suppose I should reset in gold, but gold is crazy $$$$, and I want to enjoy the stone now.

CE0CF27D-6730-4F7B-821F-D3B360B8F927.jpeg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Adding my latest. I bought this ring for the setting, which is platinum and single-cut diamonds from the 1920s. The listing said the sapphires were synthetic, but ebay's authenticator at GIA said they're natural, and my gemologist friend says unheated. It cost WELL under $2000. Feeling smug.

IMG_3200.jpeg

IMG_3106.jpeg

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
I’ll submit these two rings to the group. The first is a 2.4ct sapphire I got from Komehyo for $1500. After sending it to the GIA, it came back as heated and from Madagascar. For anyone on a sapphire journey, you know it’s pricy to find a great royal blue stone and I’m thrilled with this one.

It came in a lovely platinum mount with baguette sides. I was tempted to leave as is, but I’m going to send it to David Klass for a reset.

IMG_4275.jpeg

To help with my reset journey, I’m pulling out this other (well) under $2k ring, a platinum, diamond (1.28ctw) and apatite (or glass, who knows) ring I ebayed from another Japanese eBay seller. To this day, I’ve gotten the most compliments on it of any of my rings due to the size and brilliance of the diamonds. But I decided if I want a true Diana ring, I’ll have that made custom with the right stone. I bought this solely for the setting and have enjoyed it.

IMG_4397.jpeg

So there we go! A couple fun finds over the past year.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’ll submit these two rings to the group. The first is a 2.4ct sapphire I got from Komehyo for $1500. After sending it to the GIA, it came back as heated and from Madagascar. For anyone on a sapphire journey, you know it’s pricy to find a great royal blue stone and I’m thrilled with this one.

It came in a lovely platinum mount with baguette sides. I was tempted to leave as is, but I’m going to send it to David Klass for a reset.

IMG_4275.jpeg

To help with my reset journey, I’m pulling out this other (well) under $2k ring, a platinum, diamond (1.28ctw) and apatite (or glass, who knows) ring I ebayed from another Japanese eBay seller. To this day, I’ve gotten the most compliments on it of any of my rings due to the size and brilliance of the diamonds. But I decided if I want a true Diana ring, I’ll have that made custom with the right stone. I bought this solely for the setting and have enjoyed it.

IMG_4397.jpeg

So there we go! A couple fun finds over the past year.

Gosh would that sapphire fit into the halo?? Seems a match made in heaven.

Drahokam

Rough_Rock
I have two new rings that fall into this category. First is a ring from Macy's (Black friday sale) purchased with the intent of using it as a setting for Malaya garnet from DesertRose. Color and liveliness of the stone is difficult to capture. This one came in under $800 total for setting, stone and resetting cost.

Image Image

Drahokam

Rough_Rock
Second ring is an antique ring from before 1918, at some point my family removed the center cabochon and then it sat in a drawer for a good 70 years or more. While not the most exciting ring, making it "whole again" so to speak became a real project for me.
I had a rubellite cab cut for it but the bezel made the rubellite go from fabulous to blah and I decided to look for a faceted stone instead. In real life this Ceylon sapphire is more of a powdery medium blue, with slight purple undertone.
1706723702066.png 1706723712584.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results