shape
carat
color
clarity

Fabulous CS rings under 2,000 dollar!!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Bluegemz :) Yvonne's sunflower design is very popular with good reason! I thought the colors were nice, too. I love my blues and greens, but it's good to have some other colors in the mix. Purple garnets are awesome and still affordable in bigger sizes.
Purple garnets ARE amazing! But yours is extra beautiful with the design totality!

Sigh, a long time ago, I had a nice large one set withclaw prongs in white gold. I remember still the wonderful color. I ended up giving it away to a friend, ( as I sometimes tend to do. This year I gave away my ruby ring to my sister in law over the holidays on inspiration . I’m really missing it now lol. But hey, it made her super happy, which was worth it. )

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much @2Neezers and @MissyBeaucoup :) I'd been looking forward to getting this project done for a while and it starts my 2019 off on a great note!

I already have a pair of RG purple garnet hexagon studs from Yvonne, so now I'm set, lol :)

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Purple garnets ARE amazing! But yours is extra beautiful with the design totality!

Sigh, a long time ago, I had a nice large one set withclaw prongs in white gold. I remember still the wonderful color. I ended up giving it away to a friend, ( as I sometimes tend to do. This year I gave away my ruby ring to my sister in law over the holidays on inspiration . I’m really missing it now lol. But hey, it made her super happy, which was worth it. )
Aw, thanks again, Bluegamz :) I appreciate the compliment considering your amazing collection!
How kind of you to give your beautiful pieces to friends and family :) That spirit of generosity is one of the things I greatly enjoy seeing here on PS!

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
48C94918-C643-450C-8AC3-B6F75BEEF505.jpeg
1.62 purple/pink spinel set in ivy and rose white gold Art Deco setting. Came in right at $500 sorry for the crappy pictures. It’s my first spinel and I just love it!

Congrats! :appl: It’s lovely.

H

Horsegirl76

Thank you! I’m still learning a lot thanks to PS but this is my first “out of the ordinary” jewelry purchase and I’m so excited about it!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This 7.7mm Spessartite Garnet from Finewater Gems set in a jewelryhoo2 setting came in just under $750 including setting fee. This stone loves to show off for the camera! It does look as red as the photos show quite often, but will also shift to a cinnamon red in certain lighting.
C373C11D-630F-4C9A-B50F-69D24C5A5CCE.jpeg
I thought I would try a nature photo, but all I see outside is snow :)).
A1139BB4-2DFE-4294-BE40-8FD8C783A6CF.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This 7.7mm Spessartite Garnet from Finewater Gems set in a jewelryhoo2 setting came in just under $750 including setting fee. This stone loves to show off for the camera! It does look as red as the photos show quite often, but will also shift to a cinnamon red in certain lighting.
oh my goodness, what a lovely setting and stone! Looks incredible, luxe, and WAY more expensive than $750!

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock

:kiss2: Wow!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @lovedogs and @strawrose ! I have had that setting in my watchlist for a couple of years waiting for the right stone and I knew when I saw Gary’s spess it was the one=)2.
Did you send them Gary's stone, or just give them specs/measurements? I'm trying to figure out how to navigate sending stones (or not sending).

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Did you send them Gary's stone, or just give them specs/measurements? I'm trying to figure out how to navigate sending stones (or not sending).
I have never sent them my stones. International shipping makes me so nervous and I would be worried about my stones the whole time. That’s just me though :lol:.
I send Kyo the measurements and if it’s a deep stone I’ll include the depth. I have a inexpensive pair of calipers from amazon in case I need to take a measurement. So far the stones have fit the settings as planned. I also was lucky to find a local jeweler that loves CS and knows how to be gentle with the stones and only charges me $50 to set them. The first jeweler I tried before him did terrible prong work, really terrible. Make sure to ask to see an example of your jewelers prong work before they set your stones!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never sent them my stones. International shipping makes me so nervous and I would be worried about my stones the whole time. That’s just me though :lol:.
I send Kyo the measurements and if it’s a deep stone I’ll include the depth. I have a inexpensive pair of calipers from amazon in case I need to take a measurement. So far the stones have fit the settings as planned. I also was lucky to find a local jeweler that loves CS and knows how to be gentle with the stones and only charges me $50 to set them. The first jeweler I tried before him did terrible prong work, really terrible. Make sure to ask to see an example of your jewelers prong work before they set your stones!
Yup! I'm so nervous about either grtting measurements wrong or a local jeweler being awful. But yours is seriously outstanding! Gives me hope that I don't need to send my stones across the world!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

She is gorgeous! :kiss2: I love that fireball color and the setting is perfect. How you managed to do all this for $750 is beyond me but #goals girl! :love:

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
She is gorgeous! :kiss2: I love that fireball color and the setting is perfect. How you managed to do all this for $750 is beyond me but #goals girl! :love:
Thanks so much @elle_71125 ! It was a stock setting that was adjusted to fit my stone, so that helped keep the cost low. I also try to wait until I am ready to order a few settings and order them all at the same time. I am pretty sure Kyo gives a little bit of a discount if you do it that way, since all of the pieces ship together and it saves on the cost of shipping :)).

voce

Ideal_Rock
:love::love::love:
I've never seen a red spessartite look as lovely a red as this! Excellent eye, and I hope you will enjoy your beautiful ring for many years to come. (Can I have first dibs if you ever decide to sell it?)

P.S. I agree with @elle_71125 that it looks much more expensive than $750! It astounds me that you were able to keep the cost this low! :kiss2:

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:love::love::love:
I've never seen a red spessartite look as lovely a red as this! Excellent eye, and I hope you will enjoy your beautiful ring for many years to come. (Can I have first dibs if you ever decide to sell it?)

P.S. I agree with @elle_71125 that it looks much more expensive than $750! It astounds me that you were able to keep the cost this low! :kiss2:
Thanks @voce ! You can definitely have first dibs if I ever sell it =)2. The stone can shift to a cinnamon color at times, but is a really beautiful red most often. I purchased the stone as quickly as I could when Gary at Finewater listed it!

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock

What a delicious fireball! I can't believe you got the whole thing for under $750 it's so lovely.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Atwater I love the color of your chrysoberyl :love: and it looks perfect in its setting!

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My chrysoberyl ring under $800; ring setting by Ebay Leejewelry. IMG_0887.jpg IMG_0928.jpg IMG_0889.jpg

This ring is so pretty! That stone is neon like! How do you feel the quality & craftsmanship of the setting is?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My chrysoberyl ring under $800; ring setting by Ebay Leejewelry. IMG_0887.jpg IMG_0928.jpg IMG_0889.jpg

Gorgeous! Love the hint of blue in the first and last pic.

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
2Neezers, Hivona, LisaRN: thank you!
Hivona: Here are what I like and do not like about the ring.

The good part:
They set the chrysoberyl really well; I louped the ring carefully after I received it; the prongs secure the stone well; the triangular-shape prong at the tip seems to be done really nice, it hugs the stone and defines the lines well. The tiny diamonds are set neatly. So the face of the ring looks pretty.

The ring is very comfortable to wear; the bottom of the ring "head" contours up a little at the front and the rear, which makes the ring "head" sits on my finger perfectly. The ring has a good width as well.

The bad part:
The ring shank is not completely solid. As you can see in the picture, the upper part is hollow. Although it feels strong, I do prefer to have a completely solid ring shank. I think the bottom part is solid, but I cannot be sure.
IMG_0943.jpg IMG_0945.jpg

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Barry Bridgestock pink tourmaline purchased from a PSer last year is finally set into in Ivy and Rose setting. All in (including setting fee) under $500. It’s so unlike anything else I have in both color and style but I love it! It’s evening and these pics do the stone no justice but I couldn’t wait to post. Can’t wait to see it outside.
18686891-FD2F-4425-B894-54FDD82A5AE7.jpeg

DE01D237-F1C4-4782-90F1-DD0D4737679D.jpeg

voce

Ideal_Rock
Ok, this is sort of cheating, as my cost was $1264, slightly over, but others encouraged me to post my red spinel ring. Set in a vintage halo design by Ivy & Rose.
IMG_20190507_183537756.jpg IMG_20190507_183403587.jpg IMG_20190507_184815727_HDR.jpg

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is one of my absolute favorite threads! I love that amazing glow on your spessartite, @icy_jade !

My jeweler said diamonds are just a commodity; colored gems are each unique, with so much personality. I love to see the changes in different light.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results