shape
carat
color
clarity

Fabulous CS rings under 2,000 dollar!!

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The red garnet (faceted by Christiane Morning) was set in an inexpensive setting from my jeweler's scrap pile. I never liked the diamond cap, so replaced it with a leuco garnet bought preloved.

Before:

fillegree_ring.jpg

After:
IMG_20181227_122934.jpg
IMG_20181227_120157.jpg

Wow that red garnet looks like a comet! What a neat setting, from a scrap pile no less! Great find and looks awesome on your finger!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @ilovegemstones and @Hivona ! When I found that the jeweler near my parents will do custom work, I decided to try them. Their labor prices are about 1/2 that of my local bench, who I've always considered very reasonable. It means that I can affordably set things that I loved but didn't want to spend a lot on. (I just wish they were closer).

I'm really happy how they designed something that would use my leftover paraibas...and set the quartz so it slopes upwards towards the paraibas...giving the piece a nature feel/look.

Last edited:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
This one came in at 1250, so I'll post it here hope that's ok. It is a 5.13 carat purple spinel. I know she's kinda dark and moody, but so am I so it's a keeper:lol:. 20181024_172903.jpg 20181024_172710.jpg The last pick was taken during my sunrise walk this morning. 20181025_073920.jpg

Holy Moly Guacamole!
That is my dream spinel ring that I never knew I needed....
If you ever need a babysitter or a hand to hold her my god send her my way!!!
Beautiful ring! & the setting is perfect in its simplicity in that it allows the gem to shine, quite literally haha.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is one of my favorite threads! Does anyone have new items to share?

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I do! I bought this pretty little 1.05 carat 6mm Portuguese cut blue-green-yellow sapphire from a recent Mastercut Gems sale for $240. I decided to set it as inexpensively as possible because I have several projects going, so I found a used classic platinum solitaire setting on Ebay (in great condition) for a little under $300. I found a nice bench jeweler locally who charged me $25 to set the stone and polish the ring. Total cost about $560. I gave it to one of my daughters and she is thrilled. She's wearing it on her right middle finger.
Bi Color Sapphire 3.jpg Bi Color Sapphire 5.jpg
Parti Sapphire Ring 2.jpg Parti Sapphire Ring 1.jpg
Parti Sapphire Platinum Setting.jpg

Last edited:

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wanted a neon pink spinel to add to my stacking ring collection, so I asked Yvonne if she had anything suitable. Of course, she did :) This will go into a 14K RG stacker setting and the entire project will only come to $350. It should look fab next to my zircon :)
icm_fullxfull.190549009_1ho2qdqw056sgocwks00.jpg

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your parti sapphire is amazing @natasha-cupcake ! I can't wait to see your new neon pink spinel stacker @leslie1956 .
I already posted both of these in the Precision Gem thread, but they both came in under $1250.
A 9 x 7 concave cut blue green Afghan tourmaline from Gene at Precision Gem in a setting by leejewelry came in just over $1,000.
genebluegreentourm (3).jpeg
and a 8.6mm Pink Garnet from Precision Gem in a setting from Aurosi Jewels came in just under $1,000.
Genepinkgarnet (2).jpeg

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
2Neezers, I love the tourmaline and pink garnet rings. Gorgeous stones and nice settings! I would have thought that your pink garnet was a tourmaline because it's such a vivid, saturated shade of pink:)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your parti sapphire is amazing @natasha-cupcake ! I can't wait to see your new neon pink spinel stacker @leslie1956 .
I already posted both of these in the Precision Gem thread, but they both came in under $1250.
A 9 x 7 concave cut blue green Afghan tourmaline from Gene at Precision Gem in a setting by leejewelry came in just over $1,000.
genebluegreentourm (3).jpeg
and a 8.6mm Pink Garnet from Precision Gem in a setting from Aurosi Jewels came in just under $1,000.
Genepinkgarnet (2).jpeg

You see know how to impress on a budget. These babies have some major color payoff and gorgeous settings. :love:

Heidi2101

Rough_Rock
Premium
Happy to see this thread for inspiration. I have an oval chrysoberyl I regret buying because I can’t figure out how to set it and this thread gives me hope ☺️

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oooh! Such pretty new additions to this thread!!

I love the settings you chose for those lovely stones from Precision Gems, @2Neezers!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We had a sunny day here and I was able to take a group shot of some of my other budget friendly pieces. These stones were all cut by Barry B of AC Stones and each came in under $600 including setting fees. The settings are from leejewelry on eBay except for the last one which came from Ivy and Rose.
Top row left to right, 7.8mm x 6.8mm Mozambique Aquamarine, 6.6mm Spessartite Garnet, 7mm Peridot. Bottom row left to right, 8mm Green Tourmaline, 8.4mm Electric Blue Topaz, 7.7mm Mahenge Garnet.
Barry is such a nice person and an amazing faceter. Wearing his stones always gives me warm fuzzies =)2.
6CBD0C85-C135-4D84-AB9E-9C60844F5C58.jpeg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had a sunny day here and I was able to take a group shot of some of my other budget friendly pieces. These stones were all cut by Barry B of AC Stones and each came in under $600 including setting fees. The settings are from leejewelry on eBay except for the last one which came from Ivy and Rose.
Top row left to right, 7.8mm x 6.8mm Mozambique Aquamarine, 6.6mm Spessartite Garnet, 7mm Peridot. Bottom row left to right, 8mm Green Tourmaline, 8.4mm Electric Blue Topaz, 7.7mm Mahenge Garnet.
Barry is such a nice person and an amazing faceter. Wearing his stones always gives me warm fuzzies =)2.
Really lovely, and I LOVE that spess ring!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The spess setting is so pretty!!! I need to look up leejewelry for some of my unset stones that I want reasonably priced settings for!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The spess setting is so pretty!!! I need to look up leejewelry for some of my unset stones that I want reasonably priced settings for!
@lovedogs I know you have worked with Kyo in the past so I thought I should mention that I purchased those settings from him when he was at the leejewelry eBay store. He has since moved over to jewelryhoo2 on eBay and can customize stock settings from either store at reasonable prices =)2.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs I know you have worked with Kyo in the past so I thought I should mention that I purchased those settings from him when he was at the leejewelry eBay store. He has since moved over to jewelryhoo2 on eBay and can customize stock settings from either store at reasonable prices =)2.
aha, good to know! I had an awesome experience with him and will 100% buy from them again. Thanks for the info!!!

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I tried to find leejewelry in eBay and couldn’t. What is the exact seller name to search for? I’ll try to find jewelryhoo2 also!

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

That aqua and topaz are gorgeous!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I tried to find leejewelry in eBay and couldn’t. What is the exact seller name to search for? I’ll try to find jewelryhoo2 also!
Here is a link to leejewelry:
https://www.ebay.com/str/ChangxingJewelry-LeeJewelry/
And jewelryhoo2
https://www.ebay.com/str/jewelryhoo2-design-jewelry-for-you
I would contact Kyo at jewelryhoo2 and ask for his best price. Some of my settings were purchased 2-3 years ago, so prices might be a little higher now but I have always found Kyo’s quotes to be very reasonable =)2.

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! :love: I can’t wait to see your hand shot.
What are the gem details? Are the halo stones tsavorite? :mrgreen2:
Thanks, Elle! The garnet is 6.46 mm and the melee is 1.25 mm demantoid. Yvonne and I were both very pleased with the outcome :)

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So pretty, so happy and cheerful! Love the color combo with the design. :)

Thank you, Bluegemz :) Yvonne's sunflower design is very popular with good reason! I thought the colors were nice, too. I love my blues and greens, but it's good to have some other colors in the mix. Purple garnets are awesome and still affordable in bigger sizes.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a lovely result, @leslie1956 ! Garnets are wonderful and occur in such a variety. I love the color combination! :lickout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results