chique copper bearing tourmaline in RG
AND beautiful pave :love: :love:

Please post your CS rings under 1250 dollar
and inspire other PSers with smart and
elegant Bling and Budget choices.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Userang's natural green rose cut diamond in Wreath setting: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-natural-green-rose-cut-diamond-finally-set-in-the-wreath.211511/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-natural-green-rose-cut-diamond-finally-set-in-the-wreath.211511/[/URL]
Rose cuts give an amazing spread because of the flat bottom, which creates great finger coverage for the carat weight. The stone was set in her own band ring for which she had to have a new head made. All under budget!

_28451.jpg

_28452.jpg

_28453.jpg

_28454.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I love seeing stones I've sold end up in gorgeous finished pieces. Mochiko got every last bit of color out of that Cuprian with her innovative setting. Love it!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo, I like this thread as I can join in the fun! :bigsmile:

I shall post my Aqua ring when I get it next week, I hope.

DK :))

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you Acinom for the mentioning my green rose cut diamond :).
All my colored stone rings are actually less than $1.000 thanks to great prices on settings from diamond zone.

dscn1698.jpg
dscn1754.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Great thread! It is always pleasure if You are able to find something as a bargain. My umbalite garnet and Jaffe's setting (preowned) was just under $1250.

dsc_0297_2.jpg

dsc_0334_2.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you guys say what year? I have some that I made some years ago that are WELL under that, but they wouldn't be today.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1427809678|3855003 said:
Can you guys say what year? I have some that I made some years ago that are WELL under that, but they wouldn't be today.

Let's say 2010 to present? Does that include your projects Arcadian :naughty:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous additions Ricezo, Userang and Confection!!! :love: :love: :love:
From now on I will strive to have my new projects in this category. It proves we do not need a huge budget to create something fabulous.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1427810139|3855006 said:

I forgot what year gold went up and up and up, but I did buy a lot of rings when gold was $300 to $400/oz. Not sure if that was 2010 though. In any case, in terms of value, I think most PS'ers are pretty savvy and know how to get great buys. I was watching a shopping network yesterday and they wanted $2500 for an extremely unattractive ring with a 3 carat vomit colored stone, a couple of diamond chips in an extremely light weight 14K gold setting. I feel horrible for the people that get tricked into buying such things, because for $2500, most PS'ers would get something absolutely gorgeous, as exemplified by this thread. :naughty: :appl:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are mine that squeak in. All have at least one preloved component. Blue tourm and orange spess, rest are spinels.

_28468.jpg

Reactions: T L

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1427810139|3855006 said:

Yeah I got a few that squeak in. Some I've since given to my nieces however! Let me find those pics, I have tons of them somewhere on my machine!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NKOTB|1427812614|3855036 said:
These are mine that squeak in. All have at least one preloved component. Blue tourm and orange spess, rest are spinels.

These are fabulous!! Preloved is certainly a great idea to keep costs low. You have an enviable collection.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is indeed hard to find gold or platinum settings inexpensive enough to come in under $1,250 with the stone cost too, unless they are preloved, extremely simple in design with not much metal, or are from some of the Chinese vendors where the settings tend to be a bit thinner.

I am blown away that Mochiko's was less than $1,250 - well done!

Here are mine - a Namibian demantoid in 18k art deco style (preloved) mount, and a BB supernova garnet in an 18k LOGR setting.

demantoid_5.jpg

new_greens_1_0.jpg

bb_garnet_5_10-2-13_preview.jpg

bb_garnet_ring_1_10-2-13_1.jpg

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would say that Mydiamondzone settings most of them are on the thinner side, but I would say better quality that most of the settings from china, and I think the details are beautiful for the price you pay.
My two yellow gold rings are not from diamondzone brand new/handmade and cost me less than 1,000 and they have a lot thicker bands (around 2-3mm)/ more gold to it. The ruby yellow gold ring actually came with a different ruby, but I fell in love with the setting and replaced it with a AIGS certified heat only ruby to be sure it wasn't a glass filled one. I also mention I bought this ring around 5yrs ago where things were slighty cheaper too :) It was actually reading the forums on pricescope that helped me be aware of glass filled rubies right before that, in which I might have had worn the ring thinking the ruby in it was at the very most heated only. Now I know for sure by replacing it :). It is a darker ruby but it glows so nicely in most lightings which is hard to capture on my finger, and again for the price range I had at the time is was the best I could get. Ill show some before and after pics :)

The original ruby in this lovely antique style detailed setting I had to have :)
This color was more purple red, and lighter than my new one, and from researching it looked like glass bubbles in it and had that blue flash to it which you can kind of see it on bottom left of ruby in the photo which people said was and indication of glass.
ruby1_0.jpg

Here is the heated only ruby :). It does darken in the photos more on my finger but IRL you can still see the glow and transparency, which I am having trouble catching on camera.
dscn1750.jpg
dscn1758.jpg
dscn1761.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
userangl28212003|1427844126|3855285 said:
I would say that Mydiamondzone settings most of them are on the thinner side, but I would say better quality that most of the settings from china, and I think the details are beautiful for the price you pay.

That is good to know. I think others have said positive things about them as well.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1427832760|3855227 said:
It is indeed hard to find gold or platinum settings inexpensive enough to come in under $1,250 with the stone cost too, unless they are preloved, extremely simple in design with not much metal, or are from some of the Chinese vendors where the settings tend to be a bit thinner.

I am blown away that Mochiko's was less than $1,250 - well done!

Here are mine - a Namibian demantoid in 18k art deco style (preloved) mount, and a BB supernova garnet in an 18k LOGR setting.

Mmm, there are already several examples in this thread that prove to be of great quality and design even if they are not preloved.

Thanks for adding your beautiful rings Minousbijoux :wavey:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this the one? I see that there is "Mydiamondzone" on ebay, but if I put it in as the url, it returns this: http://www.diamondzonejewelry.com/

Are they one and the same, this store and the ebay store? Interestingly, I didn't see either one on our stickied list of vendors.

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1427845453|3855292 said:
Is this the one? I see that there is "Mydiamondzone" on ebay, but if I put it in as the url, it returns this: http://www.diamondzonejewelry.com/

Are they one and the same, this store and the ebay store? Interestingly, I didn't see either one on our stickied list of vendors.
Hi. Yes they are the same store, and they have a actual store in Chicago you can go to. The people are very friendly and replied promptly to any questions I had through emails, fantastic customer service :). I will tell you that they do have the same pieces on their ebay store that is cheaper than their other online store so I usually would buy it from ebay. The only thing is that most of the settings are in white gold, but I think you can request it in a different color, but I have not asked about that, so if you love white gold its great :)
I have had many people saying they been eyeing stuff from them, and then like seeing my rings with them IRL on my hand and with stones on. There is also a thread on here that talks about their visit to Diamondzone and their wonderful experience.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Arizona Peridot bought pre-loved from a PSer.

Blue zircon from PrimaGemsUSA in a setting I got at an Intergem.

Montana sapphire - setting was pre-loved.

Peridot from ebay - setting from Intergem

peridot_ring__11_.jpg

oval_blue_3.jpg

_28514.jpg

_28515.jpg

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Dan Stair zircon - ebay LOGR setting (almost looks like an aquamarine in some lighting)

Tsavorite from ebay - setting was pre-loved

Spessartite from ebay - setting w/one band was pre-loved - I had the second band made.

I've had several of these rings quite a while ..... with one or two being around 6 years, but most are under the 2010 mark...

outdoors_shade.jpg

img_7502.jpg

img_7505.jpg

Reactions: T L

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great collection colorluvr...every one is stunning!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous additions to this thread!!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love all the ideas and inspiration in this thread!! Thanks to Acinom for starting this. I wonder if we will need to increase the limit to $1500 or $2000 in the near future, given the prices of CS which seem to be going up quite quickly these days! :(

Anyway I have one more to add within the $1250 category -- my Afghan tourmaline in rose gold w/champagne diamonds in the shank.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-year-new-ring-afghan-tourmaline-ring-in-rose-gold.209550/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-year-new-ring-afghan-tourmaline-ring-in-rose-gold.209550/[/URL]

tourm1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results