Acinom|1437159930|3904184 said:
Any news under 1250$?

...perhaps :D . I just paid this...

That looks like an amazing and luxurious ring. :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lilmosun|1437237060|3904489 said:
Ohhh...I love that setting to...can't wait to see what stone will go in...either way its guaranteeed to be a very expensive looking and beautiful piece!

Add me to the "coming soon" camp...still trying to make use of what I have sitting around and came up with this pairing. Teal tourmaline set in another 18k gold setting I bought from a retired jeweler - total spent for both $350 (add another $20-$25 to have the stone set).

tourmaline_to_be_set.jpg

Another fabulous beauty! It looks beautiful on you!! :love:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lilmosun|1437237060|3904489 said:
Ohhh...I love that setting to...can't wait to see what stone will go in...either way its guaranteeed to be a very expensive looking and beautiful piece!

Add me to the "coming soon" camp...still trying to make use of what I have sitting around and came up with this pairing. Teal tourmaline set in another 18k gold setting I bought from a retired jeweler - total spent for both $350 (add another $20-$25 to have the stone set).

tourmaline_to_be_set.jpg

Teal is one of my favorite colors and I love this ring!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first set colored stone! I bought this lovely blue spinel from a fellow PS'r (thank you!), and just now got around to getting it set. I've had my eye on a setting from Diamond Zone, and finally decided to go for it. I emailed Ilya, and also had contact with Luis, both of whom were very nice to work with. I sent my stone off to them, and once they received it the turnaround was just a few days! The setting itself is so dainty and beautifully done, with a "pierced" look that reminds me of Van Craeynest in it's design. The stone came out a little darker after it was set than it was when it was loose, but now that I have the setting in hand I see it is a little closed on the sides. But I can still tell it's blue, and I love the dusty denim almost navy shade it is now.

The stone is 1.10 ct, 6.2mm, Tanzanian, nicely cut in the Portugese cut, and originally came from Prima.

Between the cost of the stone, the setting, the setting fee, and resizing... it came in at $400 total! I'm very happy with the quality of the setting, and would highly recommend Diamond Zone to anyone looking for an affordable, well executed antique style setting.

img_8710.jpg

img_8711.jpg

img_8712.jpg

img_8713.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I'm loving this thread!! I am absolutely jaw dropped that some of these beauties are under $1,250. Whoa. Well done!!!

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
New natural fancy brown diamond ring. You can see how nicely the cut of the diamonds are better in the glam shot, which i couldn't capture when it was on my finger :)

dsc00552_-_edited.jpg
brown1_0.jpg
browndiamond_-_edited.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to add this set! The ring is a tanzanite, color treated I assume, with I/J trillion diamonds in 14k band. The band is hand engraved also 14k gold. The ring I bought from a PSER and the band from Etsy. Total cost, $525. I love it as an alternate set to my traditional white diamond look. I know the tanzanite is fragile so I don't wear it too often.

_32924.jpg

_32925.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually I cannot recommend the vendor. His communication was terrible and he was extremely late on delivery. Then the ring I received first was not of the quality I expected. He had to remake the ring for me. I was happy with the final product but I would not recommend him to anyone. Thank you for the compliment though! I will actually be selling the first ring he delivered to me as he never asked for it back.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asscherhalo_lover|1438525893|3910079 said:
Actually I cannot recommend the vendor. His communication was terrible and he was extremely late on delivery. Then the ring I received first was not of the quality I expected. He had to remake the ring for me. I was happy with the final product but I would not recommend him to anyone. Thank you for the compliment though! I will actually be selling the first ring he delivered to me as he never asked for it back.

wow, that sounds horrible! I was also going to ask you the name of the vendor because I love the ring, but I guess not :nono:
Either way the combo is wonderful on you, and I hope you love it!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing set Asscherhalolover!! I love the combination.
Lovesdogs: you could try contacting David Klass. His engraving is top notch and his pricing really reasonable. He made a band like this before.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I post this knowing it's a bit unusual and not everyone's cup of tea. Definitely more a fun bling piece as opposed to fine jewelry - not the best diamonds but fitting for the older look of the piece and checks my box for finger coverage :)

I found the setting in my jeweler's scrap pile - it was dingy and a mess. But my jeweler thought the style would go well with the darker umba and I was very happy how it came out. I definitely shows off the wonderful cutting by Christiane Morin. It was meant for a smaller stone but the prongs needed to be rebuilt anyway, the diamond cap had been pulled out and it was several sizes too small. The setting and labor came to $250. Don't have the stone details since I've had it awhile - but sure it wasn't expensive since I never bothered to write it down.

umba_fun.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is such a cool and sophisticated ring Likmosun!!
I can't believe you've found it in the scrap box of your jeweller. Thanks for sharing the photo and background story.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Acinom :)

My jeweler's scrap jar is one of my favorite places to hunt. I'm lucky that not only does he let me pick through it but he is also a good/inexpensive bench jeweler. There are so many perfectly good pieces (gold bangles and chains especially) being melted down just because folks have no use for them and he has too much inventory to keep them. The hard part is only picking out things I will really use as opposed to buying because they are a deal. I had a friend looking for a long heavy gold chain on a budget and we found one for her in the jar too :)

Trying to behave, I put back this non-CS 10K gold filigree ring only to have a friend talk me back into it when I went to pick up my garnet ring ($80 including sizing up 3 sizes to fit my index finger).

fillegree_ring.jpg

Was so glad to find a setting for the garnet as I am a huge fan of Christiane's work - In fact, I just bought another Christiane stone from Chris Aueltta (who sold me the garnet and sells a lot of stones cut by her).

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Both lovely and together fabulous look :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another gorgeous ring!!! It looks great on you :love:
Such great finds.

Please share your new stone by Christiane Morin :naughty:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks confection10. I always wanted an index finger ring but prefer to only wear one CS-ring per hand at a time so I think the filigree ring is a nice complementary one.

Acinom - I think posting a stone alone is off topic, but since its your thread....

I bought this one posted by Chris Aulette on Facebook. It's 5.1 ct and 9.73x8.9mm (may take awhile to find a setting given it's depth) I've been pestering Chris for a Christiane cut asscher for a long time but one not quite as light as the Rose de France ones he sold earlier since lightly saturated pastels don't look good on me. I can't wait to see it since his pictures never seem to do stones justice.

amethyst_cut_by_christiane_morin.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty lilmosun :love: :love: :love:
Looking forward to see your own pics of the stone. I admired the Rose de France when it was listed but I too prefer deeper colours.
I like!!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lilmosun,

That's a great looking stone, and I look forward to seeing the finished ring.

DK :love:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it's one ring and have no idea of age :) (and thank you all for the nice words)

My jeweler claims he only charges like 5% on top of scrap value but based on my gold calculator its usually closer to 10-15%. But some of the difference could be because gold prices have been dropping. Total value works out as he typically needs to rework the piece, replace side stones and add gold for sizing and his rates are more than reasonable. Another example - when I found these rings, I was actually looking for a setting to hold a 6mm peridot as a birthday gift for my aunt. He had to replace the (4 small) diamonds, rebuild the prongs for the center stone and set the stones. The total came to $150 including the setting which as simple but well constructed.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lilmosun|1438554133|3910234 said:
Yes, it's one ring and have no idea of age :) (and thank you all for the nice words)

My jeweler claims he only charges like 5% on top of scrap value but based on my gold calculator its usually closer to 10-15%. But some of the difference could be because gold prices have been dropping. Total value works out as he typically needs to rework the piece, replace side stones and add gold for sizing and his rates are more than reasonable. Another example - when I found these rings, I was actually looking for a setting to hold a 6mm peridot as a birthday gift for my aunt. He had to replace the (4 small) diamonds, rebuild the prongs for the center stone and set the stones. The total came to $150 including the setting which as simple but well constructed.

Wow, I cannot believe that ring was in the scrap pile! It's so unique and gorgeous. I need to find a jeweler like that ASAP :Up_to_something:

PickieBee

Rough_Rock
I picked this ring up for $100 on eBay. Imagine my surprise when this 2.25ct "London blue topaz" arrived and turned out to actually be natural blue zircon!

bluzirc.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PickieBee|1438719613|3911115 said:
I picked this ring up for $100 on eBay. Imagine my surprise when this 2.25ct "London blue topaz" arrived and turned out to actually be natural blue zircon!
Whaaaaaaa

That's awesome!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

haha PickieBee that is a wonderful find! Lucky you! :dance:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

No way :love: :love: :love:
Great find Pickiebee. Your new ring looks so beautiful. I like!!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
What a find!!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful find! I love eBay because of this. Congrats!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, great score! Any ideas as to the side stones?

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lilmosun|1438548152|3910201 said:
Thanks confection10. I always wanted an index finger ring but prefer to only wear one CS-ring per hand at a time so I think the filigree ring is a nice complementary one.

Acinom - I think posting a stone alone is off topic, but since its your thread....

I bought this one posted by Chris Aulette on Facebook. It's 5.1 ct and 9.73x8.9mm (may take awhile to find a setting given it's depth) I've been pestering Chris for a Christiane cut asscher for a long time but one not quite as light as the Rose de France ones he sold earlier since lightly saturated pastels don't look good on me. I can't wait to see it since his pictures never seem to do stones justice.

Gorgeous amethyst! :D I think it needs high karat yellow gold :naughty:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
lilmosun|1438548152|3910201 said:

Lilmosun it's gorgeous!! Please post photos when it arrives.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock

I love the colour of your zircon. What a bargain!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results