carat
color
clarity

Fabulous CS rings under 2,000 dollar!!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1427792735|3854957 said:
Also adding my 1.55ct bicolour sapphire threestone ring with 3.5mm sapphire sidestones. Set in WG.

I just love the colors in your sapphire, it's my holy grail color for sapphires and spinels!!! :love: :love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
ricezo|1427791661|3854955 said:
Great thread Acinom! How did you arrive at 1,250?? So specific!

I'd like to add my Gene tourmaline ring- 3.85ct Afghan green tourmaline set in a YG ring made by my local jeweller, Lester's Manufacturing Jeweller. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/precision-gem-green-tourmaline-ring.210658/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/precision-gem-green-tourmaline-ring.210658/[/URL]
Seriously, this is under $1250?? WOW! That is a nice, heavy gold setting, and of course the stone is great. Size, color, clarity, it has it all.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious said:

I'd like to add my Gene tourmaline ring- 3.85ct Afghan green tourmaline set in a YG ring made by my local jeweller, Lester's Manufacturing Jeweller. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/precision-gem-green-tourmaline-ring.210658/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/precision-gem-green-tourmaline-ring.210658/[/URL]
Seriously, this is under $1250?? WOW! That is a nice, heavy gold setting, and of course the stone is great. Size, color, clarity, it has it all.
I know! I can't believe ricezo's ring and Acinom's spess ring are both under $1250!! [emoji7] [emoji7]

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1427957584|3855686 said:
pregcurious said:

I know! I can't believe ricezo's ring and Acinom's spess ring are both under $1250!! [emoji7] [emoji7]

Same here! Bargains!!!

DK :shock: :bigsmile:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Aww thanks guys!

Mochiko - my sapphire is definitely not the trade ideal colour but it's unique and I love it! I still can't believe your cuprian ring is under 1250! It's amazing!

Preg - haha the green tourm ring just made it in mostly because the stone was a bargain and I had the ring made locally. The Aus exchange rate is so bad my ring was very cheap once converted to USD! Have you thought about buying pearls and having them custom set? I love flygirls avatar and David Klass recently posted a SS pearl and ruby ring - it was amazing!

DK - can't wait to see your Aqua ring!!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I bought a Tahitian and am setting it in my previous ering setting that I hemmed and hawed about for years.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one squeaks under the mark. I made it years ago *its 18K gold and VS diamonds and pretty heavy. Even so, I think that the current LOGR settings of this type come in under the 1K mark in 18K.

The stone was purchased from Litnon. 2009 or 2010. I didn't set it until 2011 Stone is 1.74ct Pink Tourmaline.

The stone can go from baby pink in some lights, to full on purple in full sun. This is a really great stone, very fun to wear, and so damn sparkly!! :love:

I'll post more in a bit.

1tourm5.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, great collection Colorluvr :appl: Thanks for sharing.

Mochiko: I did not realise your mint tourmaline ring was also below 1,250! Amazing. I think we indeed might need a new threshold so that we can enjoy even more rings.

Beautiful setting and stone Arcadian!! Your ring has such a rich appearance. Who made the setting for you?

Thanks for all the additions. Very inspiring.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The high price of gold per ounce makes it a challenge to keep the entire ring under $1250 unless it is a plain solitaire or a pre-loved setting. :knockout:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sticking to 14K or 18K WG for cost reason unless the ring is to be worn regularly.

DK :))

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom, its a LOGR (Lord of Gem Rings) setting. Many of us from way back would have purchased similar settings. From what I saw, they have an etsy store, and the same type of setting comes in well under 1k for 14k. I imagine it would just about hit that mark with 18K. I don't know what the quality is like these days though, but back at the time I was purchasing them, quality was quite good to very good. Just depended I guess.

In the below image, the green Afghan Tourmaline is from Gene. I remember it sat on his website for like ever, I was never sure why! anyway, the stone is 3+ cts, but not much over. The setting is another LOGR setting in 18K but even if bought in today's money they would likely still come in under 1250 mark. Its a stone I could set in about any color setting and it would be gorgeous.

This little guy below was probably one of my favorite colored stones because its quite vivid. This is an 8x6 or thereabouts blue zircon. I'm a december baby and tend to always buy a zircon in december...lol I know crazy right?

Anyway its native cut, probably paid less than 20 bucks for the stone. extremely dainty but the color is really amazing. I sat on the stone for a while and when I saw this setting all over the CS forum, I had to have one! :appl: So I went for 14K gold and it really does pop. Zircon of this size still isn't terribly expensive, but you do have to sift through a lot of them to get just the right color.

BTW here's the vendor image from Litnon on the Pink. its an afgani pink tourmaline.

3tourms2jpg.jpg

5398711361_a070da1cf1_o.jpg

arcafganpinktourmaline.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Arcadian. That's pretty amazing and amazingly pretty!

I love that green tourmaline! And the LOGR setting for your zircon :love:
Thanks for sharing Arcadian!!! I am a true fan of your collection.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember when you could get an 18K gold LOGR with really nice full cut diamonds (not chips) for $300 to $400. Those days are long gone. :((

I was recently quoted almost $300 on a custom silver setting, no diamonds. :knockout:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1428003480|3855951 said:
I remember when you could get an 18K gold LOGR with really nice full cut diamonds (not chips) for $300 to $400. Those days are long gone. :((

I was recently quoted almost $300 on a custom silver setting, no diamonds. :knockout:

Wow silver? Thats pretty disappointing. I believe my JKT ring (which is silver/18k gold) was roughly 400 and some change. Boy time flies!

I saw LOGR on Etsy and the style of ring that I have in the pink tourmaline is about between 6-700 in 14 k. (eta, here it is https://www.etsy.com/listing/157609400/8mm-bezel-emerald-45ct-pave-diamonds-14k?ref=shop_home_active_15) Of course, I don't know what the quality is like anymore, it could be super light weight. Actually I think LOGR has a couple of etsy stores. Have they stopped offering full cut diamonds these days?

I agree, the 300 dollar custom gold ring is a thing of the past, unless gold suddenly crashes.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok here's another, though I gifted it to my niece a couple of years ago:

Another itty bitty dainty stone. This time its a rhodolite garnet. Very well cut though, and cheap as chips (I paid 5 dollars for it!) Rhodolite is still not terribly expensive and even in small stones can really stand on their own. Dainty can be very fun and inexpensive depending on how you do it. Setting was WAY more than the stone, obviously...lol

I just want to cry how TL talks about her big fingers...considering we wear about the same size!!! :lol: Big fingers need love too! :tongue:

My niece is of the itty bitty finger committee and had the ring successfully sized to a 5.

3998578779_4693c9dcf8_o.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1428004399|3855960 said:
TL|1428003480|3855951 said:

Wow silver? Thats pretty disappointing. I believe my JKT ring (which is silver/18k gold) was roughly 400 and some change. Boy time flies!

I saw LOGR on Etsy and the style of ring that I have in the pink tourmaline is about between 6-700 in 14 k. (eta, here it is https://www.etsy.com/listing/157609400/8mm-bezel-emerald-45ct-pave-diamonds-14k?ref=shop_home_active_15) Of course, I don't know what the quality is like anymore, it could be super light weight. Actually I think LOGR has a couple of etsy stores. Have they stopped offering full cut diamonds these days?

I agree, the 300 dollar custom gold ring is a thing of the past, unless gold suddenly crashes.

That was $300 to $400 for a really high quality, setting with a lot of gold. They started upcharging for full cut diamonds, but back then, you could assume they would be full cut. The diamonds were white, clean and very sparkly. The quality went down since then, but the prices went higher and higher, which is why I stopped buying LOGR settings. I'm not sure of the quality these days.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I haven't been around much lately, but thought I'd join in!

My funky green/yellow antique-ish cut .69ct pear diamond in a 14kt rose gold setting with silver chain. The diamond was pre-loved and setting done by Daniel M. a couple years ago. All for way way less than 1,250.

And a precision cut garnet and welo opal ring set in an 18kt rose gold pre-loved setting, also much less than 1,250

il_fullxfull_506577932_2.jpg

474739_660541777294816_250485892_1.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1428003299|3855949 said:

Oh gosh, considering what you've been amassing lately thats high praise! (hey, I'll take it :dance: :lol: ) You've got some serious heirloom level beauties :love:

peggy222

Rough_Rock
Really appreciate this thread. Looking for a ring for a special birthday and have seen a spinel from Genfix which I love. I need a setting like the beautiful Tiffany style one Arcadian had but not sure about buying one from LOGR. My budget is spot on $1200 - well maybe a bit over!
Would anyone have any other suggestions for the Legacy style? Thank you so much for all the information you guys post on here....first time buying a cs and been guided by the posts here.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MustangGal|1428011905|3856028 said:
I haven't been around much lately, but thought I'd join in!

My funky green/yellow antique-ish cut .69ct pear diamond in a 14kt rose gold setting with silver chain. The diamond was pre-loved and setting done by Daniel M. a couple years ago. All for way way less than 1,250.

And a precision cut garnet and welo opal ring set in an 18kt rose gold pre-loved setting, also much less than 1,250

Beautiful pieces!! I have never seen opal used in a three stone! It's so beautiful. Stunning combination.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1428069870|3856317 said:
Acinom|1428003299|3855949 said:

Oh gosh, considering what you've been amassing lately thats high praise! (hey, I'll take it :dance: :lol: ) You've got some serious heirloom level beauties :love:

:wavey:
Your niece is a lucky girl!! I love that rhodolite ring.

Ah, I wish I had more to post in this thread.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
peggy222|1428091032|3856524 said:
Really appreciate this thread. Looking for a ring for a special birthday and have seen a spinel from Genfix which I love. I need a setting like the beautiful Tiffany style one Arcadian had but not sure about buying one from LOGR. My budget is spot on $1200 - well maybe a bit over!
Would anyone have any other suggestions for the Legacy style? Thank you so much for all the information you guys post on here....first time buying a cs and been guided by the posts here.

Have you ordered the spinel from Gemfix?
You could contact Sally from Heart of Water for a Legacy style or adapted version. I have never worked with her but Mochiko has the most stunning pieces from her. To keep costs down you could also do the (Legacy) halo with a plain shank instead of with pave.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I completely forgot this new to me pre-loved Afghan tourmaline ring I recently got from a PSer. You may recognize the ring and the hand (wish my hand looked like this).

10743259_10152733207100081_519772_n.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom said:
peggy222|1428091032|3856524 said:

Have you ordered the spinel from Gemfix?
You could contact Sally from Heart of Water for a Legacy style or adapted version. I have never worked with her but Mochiko has the most stunning pieces from her. To keep costs down you could also do the (Legacy) halo with a plain shank instead of with pave.

Hi Peggy, welcome to CS fever!! :) Hope to see more posts from you with your new ring once it's done!

I actually have a Legacy-inspired setting by Julia B on Etsy, bought about a year ago, that was around the $1200 mark not including the center stone (if you want to look up the original post that I made, it was a 8mm purple spinel in rose gold). I would actually recommend Julia B over Sally (heart of water) for a Legacy style setting. Sally is great for solitaires but after working with her several times, I've decided that I prefer her bezelled pieces more. For Julia B's Legacy-inspired setting, if you leave off the diamonds in the stems/basket and shank you could likely bring down the price a bit. :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings everyone.

This ring is comprised of some of my luckiest purchases ever.

Each mahenge I won on auction from Tan years ago for around $20 to $30 each. They're both 1.1 carats each. I was shocked because back then no one even bid on them!! The violet spinel in the middle is phenomenal and 4 carats, and I bought it on ebay for $100 because it has a needle. I almost passed out when I received it in the mail because I wasn't expecting it to be as gorgeous in person for what I paid. I think the ebay seller was oilpearl. The needle isn't even distracting or that evident IRL. The setting is 14K and was around $250 if I remember correctly. Therefore the whole ring came in at under $500. I could never ever recreate this ring for this price.

tlbluepinkspinelring.jpg

peggy222

Rough_Rock
Hi,
Thank you for the suggestions - I will go and have a look at the setting options.

I have these two in mind and Gemfix recommended the round one in order to keep costs down on a ready made setting

http://www.gemfix.com/spinel.html#thumb

Two I am looking at are number 316 and 318. As you can see I am veering towards these baby pink colours although having seen the darker
colour spinel I am beginning to think it may be too light - I am all about the sparkle and brilliance really from a personal taste!

I will definitely have a plain shank - I would rather have the the weight of diamonds around the centre stone than on the band.

Peggy

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1428153311|3856844 said:
Gorgeous rings everyone.

This ring is comprised of some of my luckiest purchases ever.

Each mahenge I won on auction from Tan years ago for around $20 to $30 each. They're both 1.1 carats each. I was shocked because back then no one even bid on them!! The violet spinel in the middle is phenomenal and 4 carats, and I bought it on ebay for $100 because it has a needle. I almost passed out when I received it in the mail because I wasn't expecting it to be as gorgeous in person for what I paid. I think the ebay seller was oilpearl. The needle isn't even distracting or that evident IRL. The setting is 14K and was around $250 if I remember correctly. Therefore the whole ring came in at under $500. I could never ever recreate this ring for this price.

Wouldn't it be nice if we all had the luck and foresight that you did, TL. Really successful combination of colors with what has to be extraordinary finger coverage! Do you remember the origin of the violet spinel?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
colorluvr|1428151257|3856830 said:
I completely forgot this new to me pre-loved Afghan tourmaline ring I recently got from a PSer. You may recognize the ring and the hand (wish my hand looked like this).

What a great find!! And under 1250 :shock:
Enjoy this beauty. Please also post your own handpics as well. Do you need to resize it?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful TL!!! That ring is such a treasure. You have a great eye that you were able to pick all the seperate parts and then create such an elegant and colorful ring :love: :love: :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
peggy222|1428158621|3856869 said:
Hi,
Thank you for the suggestions - I will go and have a look at the setting options.

I have these two in mind and Gemfix recommended the round one in order to keep costs down on a ready made setting

http://www.gemfix.com/spinel.html#thumb

Two I am looking at are number 316 and 318. As you can see I am veering towards these baby pink colours although having seen the darker
colour spinel I am beginning to think it may be too light - I am all about the sparkle and brilliance really from a personal taste!

I will definitely have a plain shank - I would rather have the the weight of diamonds around the centre stone than on the band.

Peggy

I love the round!!! Don't decide too quick if you are still making your mind up regarding lighter or deeper colors. What colors suit your skintone best?

Great idea to have a halo with plain shank. You can then put the amount you save by creating a plain shank towards your dreamstone and beautiful halo.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results