shape
carat
color
clarity

Fabulous CS rings under 2,000 dollar!!

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
RE: Ivy and Rose settings, I guess what I am saying is if you pick a cheap mount and have to alter it and your size is different from their stock size, the additional cost involved may comprise a large percentage of the final invoice (in my case the extra costs are more than the mount itself) which might not make any financial sense to the buyer.

Yes that part doesn’t make much sense. That plus shipping internationally has kept me from buying before. I have reached out to them for a gem now but I am not sure it will work out because setting charges themselves even within the right size are so high !

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes that part doesn’t make much sense. That plus shipping internationally has kept me from buying before. I have reached out to them for a gem now but I am not sure it will work out because setting charges themselves even within the right size are so high !

I think if you can find a mount that needs no modification (i.e. Your stone size is bang on and preferably precision cut, so everything is very regular) and have a local jeweller that you trust and is cheaper than I&R for setting and resizing, then you can really get the most bang for your buck. Then you don't even have to pay to send them your stone. In my case, sending my stone internationally to have it mounted in that $225 setting and spending $600+ dollars (more like $800 factoring in shipping out the stone to them, and potential customs rip off on the way back) would be total nonsense. It would make more sense if I picked something closer to 1k. Then additional $300 on top of it for "modification" and resizing etc would not be so absurd.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I also had some spessartites from over a decade ago, which I just had set in this beautiful setting by MRose Design on etsy. The ring is very sparkly, and my gems are a little more orange, but remember, I cannot take a good photo!o_O
IMG_9945.JPG IMG_9908.JPG IMG_9821.JPG IMG_9819.JPG

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also had some spessartites from over a decade ago, which I just had set in this beautiful setting by MRose Design on etsy. The ring is very sparkly, and my gems are a little more orange, but remember, I cannot take a good photo!o_O
Wow!!! This is gorgeous! What a rich look from both the red spesses as wel as the beautiful setting. Great detailing!
Enjoy wearing your beauty!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That’s gorgeous! I love that you did a three stone. The details on the setting are so beautiful. I love that floral diamond profile, holding in the main spess. :kiss2:

May I ask what this came to, when all was said and done. It looks way too expensive to be in the $1,250 and under thread. Great job!! :D

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Swooooooon! I looooove your ring. I really love the red spessartites and love three stone rings. I also love the placement of the prongs (6 for the center and 4 for the sides) - makes for the perfect outline!

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I have to ask you, because I've had MRoseDesign on my watch list as well, how do you feel about their mount compared to Ivy and Rose? Especially regarding their melee quality and the thickness of the metal.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I love the profile details. So pretty! Everything is in beautiful proportion. What size is your tourmaline?

672E7FDA-57F7-4F2D-AF9D-89D7517FB584.jpeg 4044B115-30B5-4346-9FAB-CAB1855C573B.jpeg F015B80F-8C9D-4FAD-B0C0-A074812CF24D.jpeg

Thanks so much everyone!!! It means a lot for me to be able to share my projects with you :)

@elle_71125 dibs accepted but I doubt I ever will sell! Here are more pics including profile

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So fiery and beautiful! I think your photos are wonderful. Love the setting too. Gorgeous.

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I love the profile details. So pretty! Everything is in beautiful proportion. What size is your tourmaline?

Thank you, it’s by the same gem artist as your blue tourmaline :)

It’s 7.5 mm. It’s an ideal size for my hand I feel.

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So gorgeous!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
5EEB0428-A80F-4268-9CF3-2325958951B5.jpeg 4B81338C-A8EC-400F-B989-9EDBB308B7CC.jpeg This aqua ring I just finished: 100 € for the aqua and some material costs (silver) =)2
I love this! What a gorgeous aqua colour. Beautiful bezel setting in silver. You have made some great choices

nojs

Shiny_Rock
Yes, and since I made it myself, no monetary cost for labor :D

@Acinom : I just read about the difficulties you have been through lately, I wish all the best to you and that you get better soon!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, and since I made it myself, no monetary cost for labor :D

@Acinom : I just read about the difficulties you have been through lately, I wish all the best to you and that you get better soon!
WoW that must be so special to be able to design and creatie your own ring! Great job

And thank you for your kind words!!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s gorgeous! I love that you did a three stone. The details on the setting are so beautiful. I love that floral diamond profile, holding in the main spess. :kiss2:

May I ask what this came to, when all was said and done. It looks way too expensive to be in the $1,250 and under thread. Great job!! :D

Yes, love the profile and love your stones.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Cockatiel I know you didn't ask me, but since I have settings from both MRose and Ivy & Rose I wanted to chime in.

I think the settings from Ivy & Rose feel more "substantial", but I love working with Rose and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from her again. Something about her pieces feels special and a bit more unique and personalized, whereas the settings I have from Ivy & Rose are a bit more generic feeling. I like both of the vendors, but just wanted to chime in about it!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 Thank you for the kind words. The setting was $725. NO charge for shipping, tax, or setting! The gems are old. The little side ones were maybe $10 each, and the center one was $90. I used to take the stone "out for a walk" (i.e. the backyard) and it always made me happy and calm. I finally got tired of that, and had a ring made. I'm a slow learner...

@Cockatiel While I am crazy about all three rings, for some reason I am happiest with the MRose one. I can't really say why, it just feels more special and "made for me" even though anyone can buy that setting. I am very pleased with her work and the little diamonds. Seeing the little diamonds here & there on the ring is like a little surprise every time I look at it. They are subtle and perfect.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 Thank you for the kind words. The setting was $725. NO charge for shipping, tax, or setting! The gems are old. The little side ones were maybe $10 each, and the center one was $90. I used to take the stone "out for a walk" (i.e. the backyard) and it always made me happy and calm. I finally got tired of that, and had a ring made. I'm a slow learner...

@Cockatiel While I am crazy about all three rings, for some reason I am happiest with the MRose one. I can't really say why, it just feels more special and "made for me" even though anyone can buy that setting. I am very pleased with her work and the little diamonds. Seeing the little diamonds here & there on the ring is like a little surprise every time I look at it. They are subtle and perfect.

Dang girl! You need to go sit on your throne of awesomeness, while gorgeous half naked men fan you with oversized palm leaves and feed you cake (I ain’t got no time for grapes). :cool2:

Just in case I t wasn’t clear, I think that’s a freaking knockout price for such a gorgeous ring. :lol: I’m jealous...truly! :lol-2:

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
5EEB0428-A80F-4268-9CF3-2325958951B5.jpeg 4B81338C-A8EC-400F-B989-9EDBB308B7CC.jpeg This aqua ring I just finished: 100 € for the aqua and some material costs (silver) =)2
Love it! So neat , your work is wonderful! Would you mind sharing where you bought the aqua?

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Cockatiel I know you didn't ask me, but since I have settings from both MRose and Ivy & Rose I wanted to chime in.

I think the settings from Ivy & Rose feel more "substantial", but I love working with Rose and I wouldn't hesitate to buy from her again. Something about her pieces feels special and a bit more unique and personalized, whereas the settings I have from Ivy & Rose are a bit more generic feeling. I like both of the vendors, but just wanted to chime in about it!

Thank you for your review, it was so helpful! I'd like to use MRoseDesign in the future. I agree she has designs which are very feminine and unique!

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Omg I am glad I asked you! Thank you for sharing. The ring is so beautiful and MRose sounds awesome!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I love all of your new setting choices for your stones. The rings turned out beautifully. Since the topic of comparing the setting vendors came up, how do they compare to your recent setting from Aurosi Jewels on Etsy? Yours is the first setting I have seen from them on PS and it looks beautiful. They have a lot of settings that appeal to me, but I haven’t heard much about them before.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love all of your new setting choices for your stones. The rings turned out beautifully. Since the topic of comparing the setting vendors came up, how do they compare to your recent setting from Aurosi Jewels on Etsy? Yours is the first setting I have seen from them on PS and it looks beautiful. They have a lot of settings that appeal to me, but I haven’t heard much about them before.
I have been comparing these rings all morning. o_O The bands are the same width and weight. The I&R rings don't have the details that the Aurosi one does, and they are more top heavy gold-wise. Also, the I&R ones don't have the delicate design of the Aurosi one, so they seem a little more substantial. But I LOVE all of the migrain on the Aurosi one! I am considering Aurosi for another setting, in a pear shape. I am attaching pictures of all, from different angles.
IMG_0028.JPG IMG_0026.JPG IMG_0025.JPG IMG_0031.JPG IMG_0030.JPG IMG_0032.JPG

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have been comparing these rings all morning. o_O The bands are the same width and weight. The I&R rings don't have the details that the Aurosi one does, and they are more top heavy gold-wise. Also, the I&R ones don't have the delicate design of the Aurosi one, so they seem a little more substantial. But I LOVE all of the migrain on the Aurosi one! I am considering Aurosi for another setting, in a pear shape. I am attaching pictures of all, from different angles.
Thank you for comparing them! They are all so gorgeous :love:. You must be having loads of fun with your new rings and stones.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Waaaaaa you are awesome! Thank you for sharing your perspective. Off I go now to stalk the Aurosi store.

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I agree with Ivy and Rose settings being top heavy. Mine spins like crazy. All my rings spin because of my ginormous knuckles so I am used to rings spinning and compensate by stacking heavily but that ring I got is one of the most spinny ones. It always ends up facing the palm. I studied their available settings, and most have thin shanks and concentrated mass around the basket.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results