shape
carat
color
clarity

Fabulous CS rings under 2,000 dollar!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone! The ring looks great wth my modest engagement set. :bigsmile:
Love looking though this thread, all the beautiful but budget friendly pieces bring a smile to my face.

picante27

Shiny_Rock
lovedogs|1463451645|4032528 said:
picante27|1463427441|4032376 said:
lovedogs|1463197959|4031547 said:
Picante: did your ring come already set or did you buy the silver setting? I ask because I really like what I've seen of argentinium silver, and that setting is so simple and sleek so wondered where to get something like it!

Hi lovedogs! The ring came already set. I could ask the seller where she got the setting from if you'd like.

Lovinggems, your new ring is fantastic! The color combos work so well, I love it!
'
Thanks, Picante! That would be great! I like more cost effective settings for some of my less expensive CS, especially ones I know I won't wear all the time. Sadly most of the ones I love the most seem to be from DanielM (who recently has had tons of problems), so I don't really know of any other vendor who does it.

So, the setting is from DanielM on etsy. I know there is a thread about this vendor and his shop being closed or something...I don't remember the details. Sorry I can't be of more help!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
picante27|1463505124|4032761 said:
lovedogs|1463451645|4032528 said:
picante27|1463427441|4032376 said:
lovedogs|1463197959|4031547 said:
Picante: did your ring come already set or did you buy the silver setting? I ask because I really like what I've seen of argentinium silver, and that setting is so simple and sleek so wondered where to get something like it!

Hi lovedogs! The ring came already set. I could ask the seller where she got the setting from if you'd like.

Lovinggems, your new ring is fantastic! The color combos work so well, I love it!
'
Thanks, Picante! That would be great! I like more cost effective settings for some of my less expensive CS, especially ones I know I won't wear all the time. Sadly most of the ones I love the most seem to be from DanielM (who recently has had tons of problems), so I don't really know of any other vendor who does it.

So, the setting is from DanielM on etsy. I know there is a thread about this vendor and his shop being closed or something...I don't remember the details. Sorry I can't be of more help!

Thanks, Picante! Grrrr, so many settings I love on PS lately are from him! WHY do I have to like/want settings made by vendors who have closed their stores :wall: :wall:
haha, certainly a first world problem here, :boohoo: but it's driving me a little crazy!

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Same with me lovedogd. I have admired the DanielM U-Prong rings in silver. I would order like 10 of them for my less expensive gems. Grrrr

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sungura|1463507703|4032792 said:
Same with me lovedogd. I have admired the DanielM U-Prong rings in silver. I would order like 10 of them for my less expensive gems. Grrrr
+1 me too!! Also really liked some things I saw from "ModMetal" on etsy, which is also now closed. I need more inexpensive (but pretty and well made) settings, since some of my stones are >400, and I'd like to set them in budget friendly ways :)

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought there was just a Daniel M U prong on loupetroop, but maybe it sold already? :confused:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most of my rings are under 1250. I think I only have one colored stone ring over that mark and that's my sapphire ring. The other ones above that price are diamonds lol.

My choice of affordable jewelers for settings were always a mix of etsy sellers, eBay Chinese settings, or second hand ones on loupe troop.

My fav etsy jeweler is still Sally at Hearts of Water. Her prices have gone up significantly since gaining popularity on pricescope, but she's still the one I go to if I want one thing one of a kind on a modest budget. I have 4 gems on their way to her now! I'll sometimes do a mix of gold and silver to keep costs down for these. She really does make little works of art though.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got this in -

.98 ct untreated from Violet-Blue Ceylon Sapphire cut by Peter Torraca (bought preloved)
Kornerupine sides from Yvonne
Setting was bought off LT for $100 and modified

kornerupine_ring.jpg

I hesitated putting these together as the palette was similar to my unheated purple tanzi with alexandrite sides...but so glad I did...when a combination works, it works. Wish I could capture the true color but the sparkle and flashes of different colors (blue/purple from the sapphire and blue/green from the kornerupine) end up looking washed out in my cell phone pictures lol.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
aww Limosun that's so pretty! I love the color combo!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning ring Lilmosun. I love the color combination as well as the softness of the colors :love:
The ring looks so gorgeous on you. How amazing you pulled this together under 1250$.

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love those kornerupines!!!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you lovedogs, Acinon and theredspinel! The kornerupines weren't inexpensive (as they are rare) but getting the rest preloved resulted in an affordable piece.

I wish I could provide a picture that does it justice. This picture is more accurate in terms of saturation/color but IRL its a softer look..the center stone is definitely more violet than blue. Well saturated with soft tones and tons of sparkle...very different than my other teal/blue-green and blue-purple stones. I am thrilled at how it all came out.

kornerupine_ring_3.jpg

arabella

Shiny_Rock
Lilmosun, I love this ring!! The center stone is one of my very favorite colors and I love the pairing of colors you chose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Lilmosun I love that you combined the violet blue sapphire with the kornerupines. In your second photo with the diamond band I can see the polychroism (sp?) of the Kornerupines (teal and violet) brought out by the sapphire. I have been thinking of using some of my smaller kornerupines to halo a violet spinel or sapphire, hoping for a similar effect. The proportion of the kornerupine sides to the sapphire center is perfect IMHO. Will you share the stats (in millimeters) please?

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you arabella - Originally, I was going to do a 3 stone kornerupine ring but the center stone Yvonne found ended up being too small for the setting...and I had the violet sapphire with no idea how/if I would set it. Sometimes things just work out for the best :)

Sungura -- Yes--the pleochroic nature in my favorite color combo (blue-green) is why I've long wanted a kornerupine...that wasn't the more common green/yellow/brown variety. The combination works great with the violet spinel because it has complimentary color flashes (although not pleochroic). I wish pictures did the stones justice. Completely catches your eye without being over the top. Can't wait to see what you do with yours!!
The Kornerupines are 4.27 x 2.75 and 4.33 x 2.88mm (.67 tcw)
The ceylon sapphire is 5.62x5.63x3.86mm (.98 ct)
Sorry to go on..I am just so happy with this one and its unique personality.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone acquired anything amazing under 1250$ dollar lately?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the reminder, Acinom! Should have put my fantasy cut ring here too as well as on my other thread. Stone was ~$400 (10mm round), and setting was $500 in 10K white gold (mostly just because the center stone was large so required more gold).

Collage%202016-07-07%2019_26_58.jpg Collage%202016-07-07%2019_26_14.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous lovedogs!! The ring looks amazing on you.
You have made great choices with the stone and setting.

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1467999160|4053195 said:
Has anyone acquired anything amazing under 1250$ dollar lately?
Made this last month. 1.3ct chrysoberyl in another diamonzone setting. :)

chrys8.jpg
chrys10.jpg

And I will be getting these monatan sapphires I panned myself into yellow gold hammered stacking rings for $600 total for both rings, and it cost me $80 to have the stones heated and cut and $30 for the bucket that I panned them from :)

greensaph2.jpg
blusaph2.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting your stunning ring here userang. You have such a beautiful collection of fabulous pieces below 1250$. Hope you will post a group pic for inspiration :appl:

Looking forward to see the Montana's set. I especially love the green.

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1468133784|4053901 said:
Thanks for posting your stunning ring here userang. You have such a beautiful collection of fabulous pieces below 1250$. Hope you will post a group pic for inspiration :appl:

Looking forward to see the Montana's set. I especially love the green.
Thanks. For some reason I can't capture the blue right, but the blue sapphire looks way better and has a deeper saturation in real life, the photos dont do it justice. I love the green one it was around that green to start with so i happy it stayed that way :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my new baby,i named her Valerie as she's my favorite 80s ring so she's named after one of my favorite 80s songs.
675 was the price and I got an agl cert for her. Heat only sapphire in 10point halo with baguettes. Super 80s. Shell be reset eventually but until then she belongs here

picsart_28.jpg

picsart_06-26-07.jpg

img_20160715_120210.jpg

img_20160629_185325.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1469476102|4059172 said:
This is my new baby,i named her Valerie as she's my favorite 80s ring so she's named after one of my favorite 80s songs.
675 was the price and I got an agl cert for her. Heat only sapphire in 10point halo with baguettes. Super 80s. Shell be reset eventually but until then she belongs here

*Gasp* Omg Niel what a find! That color! :love: I love the setting, especially on your young and beautiful hand! Congratulations on finding such a beauty :appl: Your pics are amazing too :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1469499908|4059316 said:
Niel|1469476102|4059172 said:

*Gasp* Omg Niel what a find! That color! :love: I love the setting, especially on your young and beautiful hand! Congratulations on finding such a beauty :appl: Your pics are amazing too :love:
Thank you! When I was wrong I meant to say 5points. When I was typing I was getting my info wrong. It's just over 2ct and I will get more pics when she comes back home tomorrow.

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
These two rings were made by a local jeweler I recently discovered. Both settings are 18k yellow gold for the bezel and rope setting, with a matte silver band. This kept the price down and also made the rings go with lots of different jewelry.

The first is a blue spinel, it has the typical spinel greyness but I think the ring brought out a regal quality in the gem. It looks dark, even black in some lights, then suddenly has bright shots of blue...I think of it as a mature, elegant stone. The gem was bought at our local gem store for about $75, and the setting was $400. That may be a little steep, but I'm very happy with the quality of the workmanship, it is perfect. So total price was under $525.

After the success of the first ring, we got another stone at our local gem store for about $150, an 8mm trillion emerald with quite a few inclusions. To be honest my son picked it out and I wasn't sure it was going to show well. However, the same ring design worked even better for this one! It really glows, the 18k brightened up the green of the emerald, and it looks just stupendous! Very neon! Again, total price was just under $550.

More pics following-

img_12414.jpg

img_12415.jpg

img_12416.jpg

img_12417.jpg

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Additional pics of the emerald ring. I forgot to add, the blue spinel was 7.6mm, 2.4cts.

img_12418.jpg

img_12419.jpg

img_12420.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel, are you enjoying wearing your new ring? I bet you are mesmerized by the color.

Desertrose: thanks for sharing your new rings!! They look fabulous :love: And what a great idea to combine a gold bezel with a silver shank! Enjoy wearing your lovely rings. I love them both.

jankoluvsky

Rough_Rock
There is any recommended jewelry online store?
o.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely, Desertrose! I hope you're enjoying them--they look great!

jankoluvsky

Rough_Rock
jankoluvsky|1470060782|4061286 said:
There is any recommended jewelry online store?
No recommend yet :confused:
o.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results