shape
carat
color
clarity

F VS1 or E VS2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

biubiu

Rough_Rock
One last question before placing THE order. Assume all others are equal, would you choose F VS1 or E VS2? Thank you!

Sparkles22

Brilliant_Rock
E VS2

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 4:37:58 PM
Author:biubiu
One last question before placing THE order. Assume all others are equal, would you choose F VS1 or E VS2? Thank you!
So you mean everything about the diamonds is exactly the same (including price) apart from the colour and clarity? I suppose I would get the E VS2 because you won''t see anything in the stone with your naked eye.

biubiu

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 4:40:50 PM
Author: Maisie

So you mean everything about the diamonds is exactly the same (including price) apart from the colour and clarity? I suppose I would get the E VS2 because you won''t see anything in the stone with your naked eye.
Actually the price is few hundreds difference. I am just so "afraid" to make the decision myself. This question might be stupid, but is there any chance the VS2 stone will be weaker if it has feathers on the edege? Thanks for all your replies.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
no. I'd go with the cheaper one. depending on the nature of inclusions, but doesn't sound like that is the problem here, I might take a VS1, because I'm Asian nerd myopic.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
F VS1

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 4:44:08 PM
Author: biubiu

Actually the price is few hundreds difference. I am just so ''afraid'' to make the decision myself. This question might be stupid, but is there any chance the VS2 stone will be weaker if it has feathers on the edege? Thanks for all your replies.
If the VS2 is that likely to break I doubt it would have only been graded a VS2. I agree with Julie, go with the cheaper one. Its not very likely you would notice much difference between the two anyway.
1.gif

biubiu

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 4:45:58 PM
Author: JulieN
no. I''d go with the cheaper one. depending on the nature of inclusions, but doesn''t sound like that is the problem here, I might take a VS1, because I''m Asian nerd myopic.
guess what, i am Asian.

biubiu

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 4:46:56 PM
Author: Regular Guy
F VS1
Can you explain why you picked F VS1? I am going to make decision on the result of all of your votes.

biubiu

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 4:47:30 PM

Actually the price is few hundreds difference. I am just so ''afraid'' to make the decision myself. This question might be stupid, but is there any chance the VS2 stone will be weaker if it has feathers on the edege? Thanks for all your replies.
If the VS2 is that likely to break I doubt it would have only been graded a VS2. I agree with Julie, go with the cheaper one. Its not very likely you would notice much difference between the two anyway.
1.gif
True, i guess it wouldn''t be a VS2 if it''s that likely to break. I know that was a stupid question. One last last question, are crystals in diamonds tend to be black? Are they more "serious" than clouds and pinpoints?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 4:54:48 PM

Date: 5/7/2007 4:46:56 PM
Author: Regular Guy
F VS1
Can you explain why you picked F VS1? I am going to make decision on the result of all of your votes.
Not asian.

Proportionality....i.e., F VS1, G VS2, H SI1...I see the pairs as reasonable partners.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
F VS1

Because F is in the colorless range, and VS1 looks clean under a 10x loupe. I think F VS1 represents the best value for a person who wants a very high quality stone across the board: cut, color, clarity.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 4:58:06 PM

Date: 5/7/2007 4:47:30 PM

1.gif
True, i guess it wouldn''t be a VS2 if it''s that likely to break. I know that was a stupid question. One last last question, are crystals in diamonds tend to be black? Are they more ''serious'' than clouds and pinpoints?

Nooooo!! Not a stupid question at all!! You should hear some of the questions I ask!!

I will let someone with more knowledge about inclusions answer your question
1.gif

InlovewithJHK

Shiny_Rock
I''d get the cheaper one also.... I can''t tell the difference between either combo in real life

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a value for the money person, so I would drop even lower to H/SI1 or something similar.

However, if you have preferences for purity, get the cheaper stone because both will look very white and very clean...these small differences at this level are not visually noticeable to the eye.

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
If the price is the same, I''d pick the F VS1. Only because it''s easier for me to see the difference between VS1/VS2 than E/F

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 7:01:25 PM
Author: kcoursolle
I''m a value for the money person, so I would drop even lower to H/SI1 or something similar.

However, if you have preferences for purity, get the cheaper stone because both will look very white and very clean...these small differences at this level are not visually noticeable to the eye.

Ditto.

With regards to your original question, I agree with most to buy the cheaper stone. I will not be able to tell the difference between the two stones with my non-professional eyes.

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
I am extremely picky and color sensitive. And guess what! I am Asian, too!
6.gif
This is also the reason why I ended up with a D VS1 stone, which I am perfectly happy with.
9.gif
Believe it or not, I was willing to go down in size to get a better quality!

If given the choice, I would pick E VS2 over F VS1. The reason is this: I think I can tell the visible difference between E and F (or I might just be imagining) but not between VS1 and VS2 without the loop. It is, however, an extremely personal choice. Some people are content with a G-I SI2 stone because they think it holds a great value. Although I agree with them, I would not personally purchase one that is lower grade than F in color and VS2 in clarity. But then again, I have mentioned that I am extremeley picky, haven't I?
3.gif
Good luck! Share with us what you end up choosing!

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
F/VS1 carries about a 4% premium over E/VS2, all other things being equal.

That said, I would choose the E/VS2 over F/VS1 (if the pricing was appropriate), because both should be eyeclean, with the E color being just a little whiter than the F to the eye, and a little less expensive. Seems like more of the bargain of the two, without losing any naked eye visual presentation, and in fact gaining.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
E VS2. It sounds like a perfect combo of color and clarity.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results