shape
carat
color
clarity

eye visible size difference?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vslover

Shiny_Rock
Will it be possible to tell the difference with the naked eye between 5.24 and 5.44 mm round diamonds? Thanks!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/11/2008 1:32:46 PM
Author:vslover
Will it be possible to tell the difference with the naked eye between 5.24 and 5.44 mm round diamonds? Thanks!
There might be a slight difference with direct comparison, but not so much without I would think.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the naked eyes would be able to easily tell the difference, but it will be a small difference.

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
For me, it depends on what my reference stone is. Side by side, I really wouldn''t notice a difference between those two sizes, but if I compared them with a smaller stone, I would probably want the slightly larger one.

I have been looking at 6.95-7.00mm and 7.38-7.50mm stones in shops and comparing them with my 6.06mm stone, and even though the .38-.60mm difference is not huge side by side, the larger stone seems to have a larger presence when I compare it with my e-ring.

If the specs and price are right for the smaller stone (and an upgrade policy just in case), then that''s what I would go with.

Also, what is this for? Earrings? side stones? Solitaire? If it''s a case of matching stones, I''m not sure you would notice the difference.

In general, the size difference will be very small to most eyes.

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
vslover - The larger stone will face up with a 7.8% greater area than the smaller one...a noticeable difference.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results