shape
carat
color
clarity

Eye infection yields opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Where else except pricescope could I tell this story:

I got a bit of an eye infection, so today I went by my doctor to get some drops for it. He examined me and told me he was going to do a test to see if I scratched my eye cornea. The test would be where he put some drops in and shined a black light on my eye to check for a scratch.

As soon as I heard about the black light I was excited - I knew just what I would do! My diamond has strong blue fluorescence and I don''t own a black light. First thing when he was done looking at my eyes, I asked him, "hey wait a minute, can you shine that light on my ring?" He gave me a certain look, but went along with it and my stone lighted up like crazy!! It was so cool. My half eternity diamonds must be no flo, cause they didn''t do anything, but my solitaire turned glowing white/blue. More white than blue. I explained to him about the fluorescence of diamonds, etc. It was so luminous. I only wished I had my camera on me to take a photo.

Of course that might have tested the limits of my doctor''s patience.
21.gif

It was really fun and turned a yuck doctor appointment into a diamond journey.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Great story Beacon! Is your eye ok?

*M*

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL Beacon, way to turn a fluorescein test into an opportunity to ogle your ring. Did you scratch your cornea? They have done the same thing to my cat (and she did scratch her cornea, it fluoresced under the black light where the cornea was abraded.).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It''s OK Beacon, most Ophthalmologists don''t see the humor (only the aqueous
2.gif
) anyway (worked in Ophthalmology research for ten years....)...hope your eye is OK.

cheers--Sharon

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
My eye is ok, no scratch, just infected. Looks bad! Hopefully it will resolve itself with this medication. I had an upper respiratory thing going on and maybe it got my eye involved. Such a bummer - since I am sick I had to cancel our vaction plans to Napa. At this moment I would be sipping wine at a great hotel. But noooooo.....

Oh well, at least I had fun at the doctor appointment!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beacon, you definitely turned lemons into lemonade!! Glad you do not have a corneal abrasion, they hurt like the devil and you usually need a patch on...I have scratched mine more than once, could not wear my contacts, had to wear a patch, and my eye was so sensitive...

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beacon, you are a true Pricescoper! hehe. That is so cool!!! Gotta love a stone with fluor! Sounds to me like you should spring for a black light of your own to keep at home! Hours upon hours of entertainment.
3.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Very cool, but please go buy yourself a black light so you can gaze as much as you want without having to injure yourself!!! They sell small ones at the pet store, or you can always venture into Spencer''s Gifts!
31.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
only a pricescoper would think of an eye appointment as a diamond photo opportunity
9.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Beacon, this is such a funny story. I wonder if the doctor will bring in his wife''s ring to check out?

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/21/2007 8:43:00 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

It''s OK Beacon, most Ophthalmologists don''t see the humor (only the aqueous
2.gif
) anyway (worked in Ophthalmology research for ten years....)...hope your eye is OK.

cheers--Sharon

aqueous humor.
2.gif

i know i''m a dork since i found this funny!!

glad to hear your eye is ok, beacon. i can just picture the doctor on his coffee break, "you''ll never guess what this woman asked me to do....".

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad your eye is okay Beacon. I liked this story, you made good use of an opportunity which came your way
21.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2007 1:44:58 AM
Author: KristyDarling
Beacon, you are a true Pricescoper! hehe. That is so cool!!! Gotta love a stone with fluor! Sounds to me like you should spring for a black light of your own to keep at home! Hours upon hours of entertainment.
3.gif

heeeheee ditto!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results