shape
carat
color
clarity

Eye-clean???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sslkrissi

Shiny_Rock
Hello,
This is an SI 2 stone. I can see the main inclusion and to me it looks pretty noticable. But, this picture is magnified, so do you think that this inclusion would be visible under normal conditions? eye clean?

Other than the possibility that it is not eye-clean, it is perfect in my opinion. The HCA is 1.2 and it scores very highly on the Brillianscope. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
21.gif

SI2.jpg

sslkrissi

Shiny_Rock
Here is another picture of it...

SI22.jpg

sslkrissi

Shiny_Rock
Here is the lightscope image. Will the large inclusion affect the light return?
Thanks

SI222.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
just call gog and ask them if it''s eye-clean. that''s the best way to find out.
2.gif

sslkrissi

Shiny_Rock
I know. I just feel bad doing that b/c I feel like I have asked them about so many different stones already and haven''t purchased one. I am still looking for THE one and don''t want to be a burden to them.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
that''s what they''re there for. if you don''t want to worry about inclusions then look at vs stones. otherwise, if you want an eye-clean si, you''re going to have to ask if it is.

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
I agree with Belle, I'd ask GOG

'Eye clean' is a very vague term since in the industry it means 12 inches away form the diamond. So if you look at it under those conditions you will likely not notice anything. However, I like to look at diamonds 1-2 inches away. IMO, the larger inclusion does seem to take up a good portion of the diamond so that it should be noticable to the naked eye from a couple of inches away, if you inspect it close enough. I know I would probably notice it. Though I doubt it would be very obvious. The smaller inclusion I really can't say if you would be able to see it; you may not.

sslkrissi

Shiny_Rock
I know, you guys are right. I am going to send them an email. I would love to get a vs stone, but unfortunately my budget won't allow it for the size that I want. There are 2 at GOG that seem like they may be good possibilities, so I will ask them about both.

This is the second one. It definately looks like it would be more eye-clean than the first, BUT you never know. Both score basically the same on the brillianscope and HCA. Both are about the same size (1.4 vs. 1.37) and are colorless (E & F). The second one is about 1K cheaper than the first for some reason. Any opinions?

FSI1.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I''ll bet that first diamond is eyeclean... but of course that''s just my humble guess! Let us know what GOG says. BTW, that stone is gorgeous, and remember how much different they look at 40x magnification under close scrutiny on our computer monitor -- that''s not "real life" viewing!!!

And also, I am so glad to see you considering an SI2... that''s what my stone is. It''s perfectly eyeclean and I ADORE it! Wonderful, gorgeous totally eyeclean SI2s ARE out there... and they are such a great deal!

Lynn

PS And no, those inclusions will not affect performance or light return!!!
1.gif

sslkrissi

Shiny_Rock
Lynn,
It is so strange how much my "limits" evolved once I started coming on Pricescope. Before I ever knew this website existed, I was sure that the "lowest" I would ever go is an F in color and a VS2 in clarity. Now, SI 1 and SI2''s are the stones that I search for first when I am looking through a vendor''s inventory. I can honestly say that I have seen far more beautiful SI1 and SI2 stones (on PS) than horrible ones and wouldn''t hesitate to purchase one (so long as it is eye-clean of course!).

You said that you think it is a beautiful stone, were you referring to the first one or the second one. Did you get a chance to look at both?

Thanks

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
If it you want to look for SI diamonds, you definately can. Some SI stones are more clean to the naked eye than others, so if this one doesn''t work out you can definately find stones where SI clarity will meet your standard of ''eye clean''.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you have decided your stone will come from GoodOldGold, it can''t hurt to get this one and have a look in person. This is precisely what the return policy is about. You would definitely not be the first to go this way.
2.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2006 6:16:57 PM
Author: sslkrissi
I know. I just feel bad doing that b/c I feel like I have asked them about so many different stones already and haven''t purchased one. I am still looking for THE one and don''t want to be a burden to them.

That''s called "part of doing business". It''s not a burden; it''s what they should do to earn your business.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i think the 1.37 ct is eye clean but,ask Jon about the feathers.better yet,ask him to compare both stones.
2.gif

sslkrissi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/1/2006 9:10:17 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
i think the 1.37 ct is eye clean but,ask Jon about the feathers.better yet,ask him to compare both stones.
2.gif
The 1.37 is the second one I posted. Is that the one that you think is eye-clean? Does that mean that you don''t think that the 1.4 is eye-clean? Having Jon compare them for me would help me so much. I think I will call him tomorrow. Thanks

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I think they'll BOTH be eyeclean. But do call Jonathon - and don't forget to let us know what he says!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results