shape
carat
color
clarity

Expertise needed please!!! ! Is this an old mine cut??

rubyjim

Shiny_Rock
Premium
69300607-6741-43CB-BF30-7D8FAA95510C.jpeg FBC95DC6-739F-4E26-A350-03FCC06DA5AA.jpeg A4120FE7-47EB-4A25-87E2-D04C42B66E36.jpeg Hi there! Please tell me if this is an old mine cut?? And do you see a flower pattern in it? Please share your thoughts! The description states that it is “old cut” and no certificate. I need your expertise!!
Thank you!!!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
69300607-6741-43CB-BF30-7D8FAA95510C.jpeg FBC95DC6-739F-4E26-A350-03FCC06DA5AA.jpeg A4120FE7-47EB-4A25-87E2-D04C42B66E36.jpeg Hi there! Please tell me if this is an old mine cut?? And do you see a flower pattern in it? Please share your thoughts! The description states that it is “old cut” and no certificate. I need your expertise!!
Thank you!!!

It’s either an OMC or Transitional. I don’t see much of a floral pattern, perhaps a hint of one, but it does appear to be an Antique Cut Diamond, likely, an OMC. The snowflake pattern along the crown of the stone lead me to the OMC conclusion.
I’m sure others will weigh in their opinions.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like an old mine or antique cushion. Small table, big culet, irregular shape (ie not round, not square). It’s definitely not transitional - that’s a bigger table with under table facets that are less chunky and more like a MRB’s arrows.
I don’t see a petal pattern under the table but it’s a nice looking stone.
What’s the profile like? What’re the rest of the stats?

rubyjim

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you foxinsox and Matthews1127!
All they really say about it is that it’s 2 ct, 8.2 x 7.2, and color I-K range. Iit’s coming from the UK. I really love that petal pattern that you don’t see here but the color is nice and it is a good size. I’ve been waiting so long already do I hold out for the perfect one??

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you foxinsox and Matthews1127!
All they really say about it is that it’s 2 ct, 8.2 x 7.2, and color I-K range. Iit’s coming from the UK. I really love that petal pattern that you don’t see here but the color is nice and it is a good size. I’ve been waiting so long already do I hold out for the perfect one??

Did they mention the clarity? Do you have any additional photos? Price is also a factor.
Based on the photos provided alone I would probably pass unless it was like a super great deal.

What would your perfect stone be?

rubyjim

Shiny_Rock
Premium
They do not say the clarity they say there is a tiny chip under the girdle. And they are asking $7900 that is not a really great deal, is it???

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It could be a good deal or it could be terrible.
Are these the only pictures you have? Could they take some video so you can see how the facets light up? Can they take more pictures in different types of lighting? Can they show you the profile and a close up of the chip? Actually can they also just give you a few close ups so you can work out if the clarity is to your liking? The under table facets look a bit odd (texture where I’d expect to see reflection) so I’d want to see a close up of that area in particular.
What is the return period like?

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think given the unknowns it’s not a good deal. I agree with foxinsox above- something going on underneath the table that’s odd. If you’re looking for the petals under the table this stone is not it. You may want to look more at OECs if that’s your flavor. There’s a lot out there. How long and where have you been looking?

Are you located in the UK as well? Or is the stone just there?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It definitely looks “old mine cut” to me. I know there are some sources that consider any off-around old cut stone to be old mine cut, and any round old cut stone to be old European cut, but in my mind I don’t classify them that way. To me an OMC stone is characterized by very irregular cutting. The stone you’ve found appears to be an OMC by that characterization. In other words, not a first cousin to an OEC but a previous generation. I have a few OMCs - though definitely not in that size range! They are quirky, fascinating, and charming stones... but they do not have the same kind of light return as most OECs that are more precisely and symmetrically cut. Something to keep in mind if you’re looking for sparkle.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been waiting so long already do I hold out for the perfect one??
Can you post a few example pics of what a “perfect” stone is for you? That might help PSers find you some options that are fairly priced. You mentioned flower pattern, but I don’t see that in this stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results