shape
carat
color
clarity

Expert opinions needed!!! Birks Royal Asscher Estate ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Apocalypse

Rough_Rock
Hello! I very recently purchased this Birks Asscher ring from an estate, I am curious to know if it is a vintage Birks asscher or if indeed it is a Royal Asscher. I do know that it was cut fronm the House of Asscher since Birks only deals with the authentic Asscher gems. I am so thankful to have stumbled across this site filled with such diamond enthusiasts and experts :) any info would be greatly appreciated!!

I have included a picture ( any specks are indeed dust and not inclusions that the camera has captured as I have not had any time to baby and clean it properly )

Asscher specs
1.18 Carat
G color
VVS2

Supporting diamonds
VVS2
.38 individually

Thanks so much!

mypreciousbabies.JPG

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
How old is it spose to be?
Have you called Birks to see if they can authenticate it?

Apocalypse

Rough_Rock
hi! I have no clue on the age of this ring, the setting is platinum and very art deco so it could possibly be 1920s? I do plan on taking it in to Birks in 2 weeks and getting it properly appraised ( we all know how much Birks values thier own product LOL )

Thanks!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
be interesting to see what they say, do you have other views?
I think your age estimate is way off.
The RA wasnt around in the 20s so if it is that old it isnt a RA.
How many steps are on the pavilion?

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/11/2007 9:37:54 AM
Author: Apocalypse
hi! I have no clue on the age of this ring, the setting is platinum and very art deco so it could possibly be 1920s? I do plan on taking it in to Birks in 2 weeks and getting it properly appraised ( we all know how much Birks values thier own product LOL )

Thanks!
The round side stone on the right seems like a Diamond that was cut way after 1920...
And I would assume that Asscher''s cut back then would possess a "much" smaller table!!!
The culet (facet) does show it might be an old stone!!!

Apocalypse

Rough_Rock
Thanks DiaGem! That''s very helpful, I''m very curious to find out the history on this stone and will be relieved once Birks fills me in. What is the "facet"??

We bought this ring mainly for the stones and I am planning on making the asscher into a solitaire ring and the supporting diamonds into earrings, I''m going to stick with Birks to get this done to keep the ring as original as possible.

Tracy

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
on stones with open culets (like this one,) "the culet" is a facet.

on stnes with closed culets, "the culet" refers to the place where the culet would be or where one would see the culet.

Apocalypse

Rough_Rock
Took another pic of the setting, sorry it''s not the greatest quality. After reading everything I can find on Asschers I have come to the conclusion that this is not a Royal Asscher but instead a traditional Asscher (still cut by the House of Asscher) Nonetheless I absolutely LOVE these stones and it will make my dream E-ring!!

sidesetting.JPG

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/11/2007 6:56:43 PM
Took another pic of the setting, sorry it''s not the greatest quality. After reading everything I can find on Asschers I have come to the conclusion that this is not a Royal Asscher but instead a traditional Asscher (still cut by the House of Asscher) Nonetheless I absolutely LOVE these stones and it will make my dream E-ring!!
????hummm....

Apocalypse

Rough_Rock
Hummm???

Birks only deals with Asscher cut diamonds cut from Amsterdam and this is a BIRKS ring. Therefore it would be an authentic Asscher not a knockoff (aka square emerald )

Do you know anything about the history of Asscher cuts???? DiaGem

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/12/2007 8:24:47 AM
Hummm???

Birks only deals with Asscher cut diamonds cut from Amsterdam and this is a BIRKS ring. Therefore it would be an authentic Asscher not a knockoff (aka square emerald )

Do you know anything about the history of Asscher cuts???? DiaGem
Anything specific you would want to know?

Dont get me wrong..., but I have not seen an Asscher Cut with a large table that was cut by the Asscher Family or any of their licensees...

Apocalypse

Rough_Rock
Also I forgot to add that the picture I took makes the table look much larger then it actually is, it''s a poor shot but my camera is a digi and hates taking close ups lol

Nontheless I will be having a proper appraisal by Birks in two weeks :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results