shape
carat
color
clarity

Expert advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ewhittle

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone-

After having looked through this site for quite some time, I am hoping to get some advice on the style ring I like. Prive is a major factor for my boyfrriend right now and the setting of my engagement ring is more important to me then the actual diamond at this point...not sure why that''s the case, but thats how I feel. I initally fell in love with a Scott Kay ring, however the setting is very expensive. I found the following ring at Ben Bridge and was amazed that I could get the setting, stone and wedding band for $5000. The center stone is small, and not the best quality, but the setting is just what I want.

Does anyone have an opinion on this set...should I keep looking elsewhere, have it made, etc. It took me forever to find my style and then to find one in our price range, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the Ben Bridge ring link:

http://www.benbridge.com/bb_store/product.php?productid=9083&cat=0&page=1

Thank you for your help!

-Emily

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hi,
the setting you linked is pretty, a little Too embellished for my liking, but thats just me!
I just wanted to make a suggestion, seeing as you mentioned your budget and due to the Very high plat prices at the moment, you may be better off buying in white gold, then perhaps you could get a better diamond too?

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know, the whole wedding set in platinum for that price? With all those diamonds? Seems to me the overall quality would be lacking, not just on the center diamond. Make sure you could live with the quality because for that price, you could get yourself a great diamond, set it into a simple solitaire setting, then reset it into the halo style later. Just a thought.

However, I do love that style. Many designers make that one. I tried on a Martin Flyer that was similar. Here's a link to a photo:

https://shop.bengarelick.com/product_info.php?products_id=1222

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Vatche Grace collection has a similar ring. It is available in WG, and platinum. One or more of the PS vendors carry Vatche, can''t think of who off the top of my head, but Vatche make good quality settings. Here is a pic (hopefully):

vatchegrace.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I''d recommend finding a diamond at Good Old Gold and ordering the Vatche setting. You''d be getting top quality in both the stone and setting that way.

ewhittle

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone!!!

I really appreciate your help! I now realize that I was so focused on finding a ring in the right price range that I wasn''t paying attention to the imporant details! After going back and looking at it again, I also agree that it''s a little busy. I''m now feeling really drawn to the 3 stone ritani endless love rings...the round, ovals...pretty much all of them.

The only problem is that they are really pricy! Any suggestions ladies?

Here''s a link for one of the rings:
http://store.jrdunn.com/PhotoGallery.asp?ProductCode=rt00101984d0rppjrd&PhotoNumber=2#largerphoto

This is so different than what I was initially interested in that I feel like I''m going crazy!

Kath1609

Rough_Rock
Have you tried on similar rings to the two that you''ve seen online? If not, go and try on a whole bunch of rings. Sometimes the settings that look fab in the pictures don''t look quite right once they are on your hand, and vice versa :)

When you find your perfect setting, you''ll know. Then you can search for a great vendor and fab diamond :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results