shape
carat
color
clarity

Exhausted and overwhelmed.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Dear @frogplus,

What a long journey you have been on to get to this point, and what wonderful support this community has been. I know it was super difficult at times, but you stayed true to yourself. It appears as if you have your dream! An amazing ring and the delicious bonus of amazing value for money! I'm sure going through this exhausting and overwhelming journey has led to you knowing for sure that this outcome is the perfect outcome for you.

Congratulations on your engagement, what a beautiful proposal story! Your fiancé went above and beyond, and he made such a lovely surprise for you! So crafty and special!

Perhaps you would consider posting the proposal story and your beautiful pictures in the SMTB forum?

Kindest regards,
Lydia

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Yay! You did good and your ring is just what you wanted!
-C4C

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm engaged!!! :kiss2:

Scroll down for short story. Here's the long version. Boyfriend had texted me earlier in the day while I was at work asking if I wanted to go to happy hour. After work I called him to see what the plan was and he said people had backed out so he was just going home and we would have a quiet night in. I always love quiet nights in so I was happy to go home.

I walk in the door and the stereo is playing love songs, candles lit, the house is very clean, and there's a note with my name on it. I immediately knew what was happening and started to cry. This begins a scavenger hunt throughout the house. This house is really important in our relationship; we bought it almost two years ago and we've been tearing it down and renovating it little by little while we live here, so it was really sweet to be guided through the house, reminded of every little project we've done together so far. The scavenger hunt culminated in figuring out a password which I needed to use to open the bedroom door, where he was waiting, in a suit, tealight candles on every single surface, streamers hanging from the ceiling. He got down on one knee, said some sweet things, and asked the big question. I don't even remember what he said because I was crying the whole time but I know I said YES!

So we cry and hug and laugh and cry for a while, go downstairs and have some champagne. He tells me we have dinner reservations in about an hour and suggests that we should just celebrate the two of us tonight, don't call anyone, just be together for one night before the whirlwind begins. But he said it's a nice place so get dressed up. We get ready, walk over to the restaurant, get to the table and he says "wait, I think they put us at the wrong table." I turn around and see through a door into another room and my dad is standing there with a video camera. I was so confused, I walked over slowly and as soon as I walked in the room everyone EXPLODED! Noise makers and screaming and clapping. My best friend was there from out of state, she was just home for Christmas but flew back 2 weeks later to surprise me! I was literally speechless, I couldn't stop crying and laughing and just hugging everyone. I'm starting to cry again just thinking about it! It was perfect, more than I ever could have dreamed of.

Short story: Boyfriend surprised me after work with a romantic scavenger hunt through our house, followed by dinner reservations which turned out to be a huge engagement party with all our family and friends. I started crying from the moment I walked into the house and knew what was happening, and I'm still bursting into tears every few minutes.

And there are the pics you've all been waiting for! I'm over the moon. I'll never forget the love and support I received from this community. And I might just have a new diamond habit... thinking about some diamond studs next...

IMG_20190105_142618.jpg IMG_20190105_144922.jpg IMG_20190105_144929.jpg IMG_20190105_144937.jpg

Perfection!!
The proposal, the ring, the photos!! EVERYTHING!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :bigsmile:

Last edited by a moderator:

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
@frogplus

So many of us here followed your journey and felt your pain and frustration and ultimate ring purchase and then the wait for the proposal!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!:appl: I am so happy for you! I have so been looking forward to your proposal - your fiancé did such a wonderful job ... I’m just so happy for you!!!!!!!

Your ring turned out gorgeous! It is beautiful ... and so are you!!!

Yay for love!!!

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

Wishing you and your fiancé the very best - May your lives be filled with happiness and health!!!

:dance::wavey::twirl:

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I'm engaged!!! :kiss2:

Scroll down for short story. Here's the long version. Boyfriend had texted me earlier in the day while I was at work asking if I wanted to go to happy hour. After work I called him to see what the plan was and he said people had backed out so he was just going home and we would have a quiet night in. I always love quiet nights in so I was happy to go home.

I walk in the door and the stereo is playing love songs, candles lit, the house is very clean, and there's a note with my name on it. I immediately knew what was happening and started to cry. This begins a scavenger hunt throughout the house. This house is really important in our relationship; we bought it almost two years ago and we've been tearing it down and renovating it little by little while we live here, so it was really sweet to be guided through the house, reminded of every little project we've done together so far. The scavenger hunt culminated in figuring out a password which I needed to use to open the bedroom door, where he was waiting, in a suit, tealight candles on every single surface, streamers hanging from the ceiling. He got down on one knee, said some sweet things, and asked the big question. I don't even remember what he said because I was crying the whole time but I know I said YES!

So we cry and hug and laugh and cry for a while, go downstairs and have some champagne. He tells me we have dinner reservations in about an hour and suggests that we should just celebrate the two of us tonight, don't call anyone, just be together for one night before the whirlwind begins. But he said it's a nice place so get dressed up. We get ready, walk over to the restaurant, get to the table and he says "wait, I think they put us at the wrong table." I turn around and see through a door into another room and my dad is standing there with a video camera. I was so confused, I walked over slowly and as soon as I walked in the room everyone EXPLODED! Noise makers and screaming and clapping. My best friend was there from out of state, she was just home for Christmas but flew back 2 weeks later to surprise me! I was literally speechless, I couldn't stop crying and laughing and just hugging everyone. I'm starting to cry again just thinking about it! It was perfect, more than I ever could have dreamed of.

Short story: Boyfriend surprised me after work with a romantic scavenger hunt through our house, followed by dinner reservations which turned out to be a huge engagement party with all our family and friends. I started crying from the moment I walked into the house and knew what was happening, and I'm still bursting into tears every few minutes.

And there are the pics you've all been waiting for! I'm over the moon. I'll never forget the love and support I received from this community. And I might just have a new diamond habit... thinking about some diamond studs next...

IMG_20190105_142618.jpg IMG_20190105_144922.jpg IMG_20190105_144929.jpg IMG_20190105_144937.jpg

Beautiful proposal and beautiful ring! Congratulations!!!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great proposal story! Your fiancé hit it out of the park with the surprise! And your ring is just delicious! Congratulations to you both. :clap:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m crying like a baby! I’m so happy for you! Your fiancé came through! What a wonderful proposal! Your ring is GORGEOUS! Perfect in every way. Seeing your sweet face was icing on the top! Enjoy your new life together! :kiss2:

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Dear @frogplus,

What a long journey you have been on to get to this point, and what wonderful support this community has been. I know it was super difficult at times, but you stayed true to yourself. It appears as if you have your dream! An amazing ring and the delicious bonus of amazing value for money! I'm sure going through this exhausting and overwhelming journey has led to you knowing for sure that this outcome is the perfect outcome for you.

Congratulations on your engagement, what a beautiful proposal story! Your fiancé went above and beyond, and he made such a lovely surprise for you! So crafty and special!

Perhaps you would consider posting the proposal story and your beautiful pictures in the SMTB forum?

Kindest regards,
Lydia

Is that Show Me The Bling? I would certainly post it there if that's what people do. Just post the story and pictures?

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
25C9C15C-FBED-49A0-862F-761C7738AE5C.jpeg

What a sweet story, thank you for sharing!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh this is lovely news! Your ring looks perfect on your hand. Congratulations and wow did your fiancé nail the most beautiful sincere proposal.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Is that Show Me The Bling? I would certainly post it there if that's what people do. Just post the story and pictures?

It is indeed! And yes it is what people do - you might wish to link to this epic thread but your story is lovely and your ring is awesome. There might be people who miss it with the finale at end of a long thread in RockyTalky. I know your diamond is from Lightbox but don't believe there's a restriction on that in that forum - after all it is awesome bling!

:geek2:

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
It is indeed! And yes it is what people do - you might wish to link to this epic thread but your story is lovely and your ring is awesome. There might be people who miss it with the finale at end of a long thread in RockyTalky. I know your diamond is from Lightbox but don't believe there's a restriction on that in that forum - after all it is awesome bling!

:geek2:

Exactly!!!!

And then we can say some more nice stuff!!!

Yay! :appl:

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement and your ring looks beautiful!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg my eyes are leaking.....what a sweet proposal journey and lovely end to the search for the perfect ring. Wishing you both much happiness.
:appl::appl::appl:

seechelle456

Rough_Rock
Your ring is so beautiful and classic, and I love how you pulled it off while sticking to your budget. And that proposal...wow! Your fiancé did an amazing job. Congrats!!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring--I am officially impressed by the Light Box diamond. And I love the setting. Congratulations on your wonderful engagement. Beautiful story and your hubby-to-be sounds like a sweetheart. Much happiness to both of you.

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! I loved hearing how you put your engagement ring together. It's wonderful how he managed to surprise you so much with the engagement given how involved you have been! You have nabbed a keeper! ;)2 Beautiful ring, and pretty owner!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Omg my eyes are leaking.....what a sweet proposal journey and lovely end to the search for the perfect ring. Wishing you both much happiness.
:appl::appl::appl:
I’m glad I’m not the only one! :lol: I wanted him to give her a fairytale proposal and he did!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are gorgeous, your ring is gorgeous, and your fiancé planned the most wonderful proposal! Best wishes for everything <3

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a sweet story - best wishes for a wonderful life together! The ring is ooh-la-la too!! Loved your whole story!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What an amazing proposal! The ring looks gorgeous -- CONGRATULATIONS!!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got something in my eye

Congratulations! Your ring (and you) are beautiful

kah42

Shiny_Rock
@frogplus Congratulations!!! Your ring is beautiful, and he really came through on the proposal. I'm so happy for you!:D

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@frogplus I hope you will keep in touch. You still need to buy wedding bands! We can help! That’s a whole lot easier! :lol:

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
@frogplus I hope you will keep in touch. You still need to buy wedding bands! We can help! That’s a whole lot easier! :lol:
I almost went to the jewelry store the very next day to start trying on wedding rings! Lol. I already think I know what I want (5 stone) I just don't know exactly how big I want the stones to be and what type of setting. I need to see some options in person. But you KNOW I will be right back here when I'm ready to start that journey!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I almost went to the jewelry store the very next day to start trying on wedding rings! Lol. I already think I know what I want (5 stone) I just don't know exactly how big I want the stones to be and what type of setting. I need to see some options in person. But you KNOW I will be right back here when I'm ready to start that journey!
:P2

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
**edited by moderator, please keep MMD in their own forum per our policies**

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results