carat
color
clarity

#TBT Excited to share my buttery M diamond! Warning - Pic Heavy

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello all!

I've long admired all of the rings here... especially the threads on the lower colored diamonds. They all appear so deliciously yummy that I could not stop talking about it. :love::love::love: My wonderful husband finally said "enough talking" and has humored this long standing obsession, so I'm excited to share my buttery M colored, rose gold ring I received today from James Allen!

My ring photo skills leave a lot to be desired, and they don't do this ring justice. Now for the photos...

I love how she looks like absolute butter... yummy.

IMG_6163.JPG

IMG_6164.JPG
However, I see she's pretty white too, almost a creamy color
IMG_6165.JPG

IMG_6169.JPG

This was meant to be a temp setting until I decide her permanent home, but I'm loving the tulip basket and delicate prongs. I may keep this for a while.

IMG_6171.JPG

Just a comparison shot with my current cushion halo ER (please excuse my overdue manicure :errrr:)

IMG_6174.JPG

And here's a comparison color wise - the cushion halo is E color and the Edwardian rhr is I color. You can see the warmth in the M color diamond. I love it!! :love:

IMG_6162.JPG

Sigh... I'm in heaven. lol

IMG_6167.JPG

IMG_6173.JPG

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Creme de la creme!

cheers--Sharon

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Really beautiful! Delicious setting!

BELLA9280

Shiny_Rock
soooooo pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I have such a soft spot for the warmer stones. :love:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new stone is beautiful and I love the way it looks in rg!!! :love::love::love:

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much, everyone! But you all deserve the credit. I've learned so much reading through all the threads here. When I came across this beauty matching all the right stats, I didn't hesitate for fear someone else would snatch it up. lol

While I feel a bit obligated to wear my original wedding band and love mixing metals, I'm not sure if I really like a curved band with this solitaire setting. So I'll be on lookout for some additional bands to stack... I'm open to any suggestions!

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I hate to admit but I always wanted the whitest diamonds and wouldn't look at a diamond less than an I. But, after seeing this diamond, I really want a warmer cooler. I absolutely love the warmth of this diamond. It is stunning.

Would you ever wear your ER on one hand and the other on the other hand? I have an ER that I would also feel the need to wear and not sure how I feel about wearing a solitaire on the other.

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Did you post the stats? Maybe I missed it in another thread.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowza! I love the last picture the most, all that yummy rose gold! :love:
Love it!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I hate to admit but I always wanted the whitest diamonds and wouldn't look at a diamond less than an I. But, after seeing this diamond, I really want a warmer cooler. I absolutely love the warmth of this diamond. It is stunning.

Would you ever wear your ER on one hand and the other on the other hand? I have an ER that I would also feel the need to wear and not sure how I feel about wearing a solitaire on the other.

I had felt the same way for a long time, until I saw so many ladies here sporting these gorgeous warm diamonds. I'm soooo glad I decided to add this piece! It may not be for everyone, but there's something very unique about a warmer diamond, almost as though it has more personality because it doesn't always look the same, icy, clear white as my colorless diamonds. But it can be white - just not transparent. I think the word "luster" comes to mind when I think of its whiteness.

Ultimately, I think the cut is what makes this so beautiful. I've never had such a well cut diamond before. Now I know what I've been missing!!

And yes, I would wear my ER and this on the other hand at the same time. Fortunately I'm about a half size different between hands, so I got this ring sized at 7 to fit both. :)

Did you post the stats? Maybe I missed it in another thread.

So sorry! I had mentioned it in a different board and forgot to list it here. Here are the details:

Weight - 1.71ct
Color - M
Clarity - VS2
Measurements - 7.74x7.76x4.64mm
GIA Triple Excellent
HCA - 1.4

I love it!
Wowza! I love the last picture the most, all that yummy rose gold! :love:
Love it!

Thank you both for your kind words!

And I just can't help it... I've been snapping pictures all day. Please indulge me in sharing few more. :lol:

IMG_8647.JPG

IMG_8660.JPG
IMG_8664.JPG

Last edited:

waxing lyrical

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I love it! It's gorgeous! I have a lovely OEC that's an N. It's so creamy and buttery. I love it. <3 It's just under 1.5 ct. I'm looking to trade-up to 2 ct M-OP some time in the fall. I can't wait.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, I love it! It's gorgeous! I have a lovely OEC that's an N. It's so creamy and buttery. I love it. <3 It's just under 1.5 ct. I'm looking to trade-up to 2 ct M-OP some time in the fall. I can't wait.

I've seen your ring!! It's scrumptious... :lickout: and one of the examples I showed my husband to gently nudge and hint for one of my own. :D

Q

Queenie60

Your ring is beautiful. I love warm colored stones, they have a unique beauty. Enjoy and congratulations.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous buttery diamond and beautiful setting!

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
It's gorgeous! I literally just picked up a 1.23 M from James Allen a few weeks ago. Mine is not as buttery, but that may be the setting color. I love yours in the warmer metal. Congrats!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful! Buttery is a perfect way to describe this diamond's golden warm glowing beauty.:love:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love your stone and your setting!! I've switched my warm diamond to yellow gold after wearing it in rose gold for a while, but I may switch it back again at some point. :)

I hope this doesn't hurt to hear, but if it were me, I would send it back at their expense and make them set it symmetrically.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful. I love warm colored stones, they have a unique beauty. Enjoy and congratulations.
What a gorgeous buttery diamond and beautiful setting!
Just beautiful! Buttery is a perfect way to describe this diamond's golden warm glowing beauty.:love:

Thank you, ladies! I appreciate your sentiments. :kiss::))

It's gorgeous! I literally just picked up a 1.23 M from James Allen a few weeks ago. Mine is not as buttery, but that may be the setting color. I love yours in the warmer metal. Congrats!

I believe I saw that very stone when I was perusing the James Allen site - it's beautiful; you must love it!

I love your stone and your setting!! I've switched my warm diamond to yellow gold after wearing it in rose gold for a while, but I may switch it back again at some point. :)

I hope this doesn't hurt to hear, but if it were me, I would send it back at their expense and make them set it symmetrically.

I debated between yellow and rose gold, but I just couldn't resist the rosy color. Gets me every time. lol

And thank you for suggesting I get it reset... I had seen it was a bit off, but thought I was being overly sensitive. The engraving is also super, super tiny! I never seen something so small and needed a jewelers loupe to even read it! o_O So I'm gong to request they fix that too when I send it back.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore your diamond. What a gorgeous color!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. Gorgeous ring and diamond.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so pretty and I really like that setting!:love: JA did a nice job on the prongs! I hesitate a little to hear you might have them turn the stone. I'd ask them if doing that is going to make the stone less tight in the prongs before doing it.

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am still in awe and now looking into warmer stones because of yours. Thanks for sharing specs, too. I would also do RG and want to wear both rings.

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I was comparing symmetry to a clock in top pic between 12:00 and 2:00 area and the cut does look a bit severe. I have the same kind of cut on my ER and I would rub the edge w my finger periodically as if I was trying to make it rounder. When I get it reset I asked if that edge could be put under the prong to hide it. It was done perfectly and I cannot even see where it is now. I think being on this board trains our eyes more to look and those little things that an average person would not notice. With that said. Your ring is so perfect, I don't know if I would want to rotate it just for that reason.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I adore your diamond. What a gorgeous color!
Very pretty. Gorgeous ring and diamond.

Thanks! I've been enjoying her all weekend and catching all the different ways she looks under different lighting.

That is so pretty and I really like that setting!:love: JA did a nice job on the prongs!

I love this setting and am really impressed with JA's work... Those poor CS folks there were so patient with my multitude of requests - "please make sure the prongs are super slender, don't forget the claw prongs(!), I don't want the engraving in the sizing area, etc..." :lol: In the end, the finished product looks so amazing, much better than many of their photos led me to expect.

I hesitate a little to hear you might have them turn the stone. I'd ask them if doing that is going to make the stone less tight in the prongs before doing it.

I was comparing symmetry to a clock in top pic between 12:00 and 2:00 area and the cut does look a bit severe. I have the same kind of cut on my ER and I would rub the edge w my finger periodically as if I was trying to make it rounder. When I get it reset I asked if that edge could be put under the prong to hide it. It was done perfectly and I cannot even see where it is now. I think being on this board trains our eyes more to look and those little things that an average person would not notice. With that said. Your ring is so perfect, I don't know if I would want to rotate it just for that reason.

Thank you both, these are great points! I will definitely ask if resetting will make it less secure - I definitely don't want to ruin such a beautiful thing. It may be best to leave a good thing alone. To be honest, I don't know if I would want to part with her for the time it would take to make the changes. Just waiting the 3 weeks for the original set drove me (and my husband) absolutely batty. :loopy::lol:

I am still in awe and now looking into warmer stones because of yours. Thanks for sharing specs, too. I would also do RG and want to wear both rings.

Yay! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if you get one. They're just divine. :lickout: If you're considering a 1 carat, I came across one on JA that's a 60/60, IF clarity, and the HCA scored 1.0, for a fantastic price.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous! The stone is spectacular! The setting you selected perfectly showcases your stunning diamond! Looks great on you!:love::love::love:

Kbell

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Love it!! Looks perfect in the rose.

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yay! I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if you get one. They're just divine. :lickout: If you're considering a 1 carat, I came across one on JA that's a 60/60, IF clarity, and the HCA scored 1.0, for a fantastic price.[/QUOTE]

I found the one you referenced and I think I may need to make an apt to see it! Looking now at settings, this may be dangerous! Thank you for sharing one with me!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results