shape
carat
color
clarity

Everyone still love their 5-stone ring?

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I've been hemming and hawing about letting DH know it would be a perfect 5 year anniversary gift. Mainly because I wear 2 eternity bands stacked on my right hand that I'm pretty happy with, but then again, I just love love love the look of a plain, blingy 5 stone ring. I tried on a couple in Las Vegas a couple weekends and :love:

I know lots of PSers have 5-stone rings and just wanted to make sure you still love it. If you don't, what do you wish you had known or what do you wish you had gotten instead? Thanks! :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have a 5 stone ring but my mom and sister do and they love theirs. They wear it all the time I think and my mom doesn't even wear her ER all the time. They have both had them for a very long time and since they wear them every day I am sure they are very pleased with them. I don't know the stats on my sister's ring but my mom's ring has 5 GIA .5 carat stones. She picked each of the diamonds herself for her ring.

Good luck if you decide to get one. I'm sure it would look gorgeous on your hand!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Missy. Good to hear that your mom and sis love theirs. No plans to join the club?
So the other big debate (other than having my eternity bands) in my head is 5 stone ring or landscaping our front yard...DH says we can do both, but I'm trying to be responsible. :lol:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5 stone rings definitely make a big, bold statement in the higher ct weight range! I wear mine as a RHR but I wonder if it competes too much w/ my ER set! I may be looking at wearing something more subtle for my other hand (a french cut eternity band) for low key days!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
mom2boys|1363823789|3409938 said:
5 stone rings definitely make a big, bold statement in the higher ct weight range! I wear mine as a RHR but I wonder if it competes too much w/ my ER set! I may be looking at wearing something more subtle for my other hand (a french cut eternity band) for low key days!

M2B - A french cut eternity band is definitely not low key!!! At least not to me :bigsmile: I would like to enable to go ahead and buy one though so you can post pictures and I can dream about one day seeing your collection (which happens to be one of my favorites on PS!)

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarahbear621|1363823984|3409941 said:

M2B - A french cut eternity band is definitely not low key!!! At least not to me :bigsmile: I would like to enable to go ahead and buy one though so you can post pictures and I can dream about one day seeing your collection (which happens to be one of my favorites on PS!)

You're too funny, SB! BTW, I'm anxiously awaiting pics of your VC Emilya reset of Venice! :cheeky:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
mom2boys|1363825137|3409962 said:
Sarahbear621|1363823984|3409941 said:

You're too funny, SB! BTW, I'm anxiously awaiting pics of your VC Emilya reset of Venice! :cheeky:

Seriously be still my heart over a french cut eternity! I wish I could wear one as a wedding band but that doesn't really match the emilya at all :nono:

VC orginally said 4 weeks but I'm hoping he will finish it by the end of March since we have been emailing back and forth about details up till this week. I was thinking that silence meant he had started to make the ring. :appl:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I have a few cheaper 5 stone bands and I am determined to upgrade it one day. I saw a SK one recently that I completely fell in love with. I am determined to make it one day.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
CharmyPoo|1363844959|3410148 said:
I have a few cheaper 5 stone bands and I am determined to upgrade it one day. I saw a SK one recently that I completely fell in love with. I am determined to make it one day.
Hope you can do it soon! :appl: :appl: :appl:
I just hope I haven't made the 5 stone so awesome in my head and once I get it, I don't want to wish I had gotten something else...

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
My wedding band is a 5 stone ring. It's only 1ctw though. I like that it's still substantial when I wear the w-band on its own. Although I do usually wear them together.

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely love mine! It's 1.5 ctw and I wear it everyday :love: I take it off when I shower and sleep but other than that, it's always on my finger. 5 stone bands are amazing.

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
I have one that is about 3/4 carat in yellow gold and I wear my almost everyday. Love it!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
rubyshoes|1363884901|3410388 said:
I absolutely love mine! It's 1.5 ctw and I wear it everyday :love: I take it off when I shower and sleep but other than that, it's always on my finger. 5 stone bands are amazing.
Your 5 stone is gorgeous! Do you wear it on your right or left hand? I love the trellis setting, but am leaning towards a setting that sits lower. Hope that doesn't make the stones look too much smaller. :/

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I'll be the voice of dissent. I used to own a 2.5 cttw 5-stone in a Sasha Primak trellis setting. No doubt it was a beautiful ring, but I ended up selling it last year and feel absolutely no regret about letting it go. I realized very early on that it just wasn't me -- the stones were too big and the ring was actually too blingy for my taste. For the amount of money I spent on it, I started wishing I had purchased an old cut which is exactly what I did once it sold. Had I chosen smaller stones, I might have worn it more, but I still think I would have sold it in order to fund the purchase of something antique.

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Demelza|1363892271|3410457 said:
I'll be the voice of dissent. I used to own a 2.5 cttw 5-stone in a Sasha Primak trellis setting. No doubt it was a beautiful ring, but I ended up selling it last year and feel absolutely no regret about letting it go. I realized very early on that it just wasn't me -- the stones were too big and the ring was actually too blingy for my taste. For the amount of money I spent on it, I started wishing I had purchased an old cut which is exactly what I did once it sold. Had I chosen smaller stones, I might have worn it more, but I still think I would have sold it in order to fund the purchase of something antique.
hmmmm...I remember seeing your SP ring for sale and remember wondering why you would want to sell such a beauty. Now I see.
I was thinking of a 2 ctw although when I tried a couple different sizes, the sales associate and DH told me 1.5ctw looked good. I just don't want DS to set in a week later. But, there is definitely something to be said about your experience, Demelza. Good to keep in mind. Thanks! :wavey: BTW, your old cut is beautiful on you!

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
tigian|1363890488|3410437 said:
rubyshoes|1363884901|3410388 said:
Your 5 stone is gorgeous! Do you wear it on your right or left hand? I love the trellis setting, but am leaning towards a setting that sits lower. Hope that doesn't make the stones look too much smaller. :/

Thanks :)) I wear it on my left hand with my solitaire as a set. It's a blingathon. :lol: If you're getting .30 stones, I don't think setting them lower will make them appear smaller. A .30 is a decent sized stone and five of them is a band of fire and sparkle.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I still love wearing mine! It's a graduated, light yellow old-cut in a victorian style setting (tcw is somewhere between 2-2.5). I don't wear it every day but usually a few times a week. It gets worn solo on the finger.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like mine so much I just bought its twin to wear on the other side of my ering.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I still love my graduated 5 stone! I had her polished the other day and she looks brand new, made me fall in love with her all over again. ::)

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Yes! I've only had mine about a year, but no regrets. It is a 2 ctw oec ...and I am finally totally satisfied with the bling on my finger. It's both elegant and simple but intensely sparkly and bold. It's comfortable to wear, too. So glad I went with the 5.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
I know several married women who wear a 5-stone wedding band on the left hand and their (huge and substantial :lol: ) solitaire on the right hand. I don't know anyone who pairs a 3-stone or 5-stone with another band as a wedding set, though.

ldl259

Rough_Rock
I just want to say that I have a 5 stone ring that is 1.5ctw and I wear it with my 3 stone e-ring that has an .87pt center stone with .50pts on each side. It is alot of bling but I love wearing the 2 together. I waited 30 years for the 5 stone and I wouldn't separate the 2 rings. I love the way they look and get alot of compliments on the set. I have a small hand and nobody ever says it is too much bling. I guess it is a matter of personal taste but I wear them every day and only take them off to shower and sleep. I say enjoy them if you have them.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
TC1987|1364238811|3413068 said:
I know several married women who wear a 5-stone wedding band on the left hand and their (huge and substantial :lol: ) solitaire on the right hand. I don't know anyone who pairs a 3-stone or 5-stone with another band as a wedding set, though.

My ering is 3 stones (1.29 center and 0.25 each for sides) and my wband is 5 stones (0.20 each).

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
ldl259|1364411955|3414723 said:
I just want to say that I have a 5 stone ring that is 1.5ctw and I wear it with my 3 stone e-ring that has an .87pt center stone with .50pts on each side. It is alot of bling but I love wearing the 2 together. I waited 30 years for the 5 stone and I wouldn't separate the 2 rings. I love the way they look and get alot of compliments on the set. I have a small hand and nobody ever says it is too much bling. I guess it is a matter of personal taste but I wear them every day and only take them off to shower and sleep. I say enjoy them if you have them.

qtiekiki said:
My ering is 3 stones (1.29 center and 0.25 each for sides) and my wband is 5 stones (0.20 each).

PICS! :cheeky:

This is one if my favourite looks.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Not a really good pic of them, but this is all I have on the phone to post right now.

_4885.jpg

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I've had mine 3 years, and I do wear it (I have it on right now), but if I did it over I might choose a slightly different one. Mine is smaller at .5 cttw (10 point stones) in a size 5.5. I either should have done an 11 stone in 10 pointers, or larger stones. I just wish there was a bit more coverage. It's a little dainty as a stand alone, and doesn't wrap around my finger as much as I would want a stacking band to.

ldl259

Rough_Rock
These are not the best pictures but just wanted to show how my 2 rings look together. I am new to the boards but I really do enjoy looking at everyones rings. I did get the idea for my 5stone from the boards so thanks for helping me with my purchase.

0328131627a.jpg

0328131628a.jpg

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bumping this thread!!
Any updates??

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results