shape
carat
color
clarity

Everyday diamond bracelet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewerlylover

Rough_Rock
What do you think is a good size style to wear for everyday wear with shorts, jeans or whatever(I don''t work so don''t dress up much.)

I am looking at these two styles:

Whiteflash shared prong bangle

4 prong tennis bracelet(from Whiteflash or somewhere else)

I think I would want to go smaller tcw on the bangle than the tennis due to the stones being larger on the bangle.

Any suggestions for tcw for everyday?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I am LOVING that solid bangle from WF with one single stone. Not a tennis bracelet, of course... but OH SO YUM!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
In case you don''t know what I am talking about
2.gif
here''s a picture.

WF banglebracelet.jpeg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
And a photo of our Famous Miss Mara modeling it...

WFbangleandmara.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I have a diamond bangle from Wink (Winfields), there are 79 stones for a total of 3.22. It is in the style of a "full eternity" ring/prong set and I wear it everyday. In fact I think I may have another made and double my pleasure!! Good luck!

cheers--Sharon

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know, I haven''t seen the WF shared prong bangle, but I really like that pic Lynn posted. Classic, simple, but nice and blingy with that rock in the middle.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, Sharon, do you have a pic of your bracelet? It sounds lovely. I think I prefer bangles to non-bangles.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/31/2006 9:15:31 PM
Author: lizz
Oh, Sharon, do you have a pic of your bracelet? It sounds lovely. I think I prefer bangles to non-bangles.
bangle3.JPG

This bracelet is a mad sparkler....

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
This is a picture of my 3 carat shared prong bangle from Whiteflash. I absolutely love it and it is pretty blingly. I am older and can get away with wearing it everyday, but you might want to choose a smaller carat weight if you decide on this bracelet for casual wear. Of course I love Sharon's bracelet, the other WF bangle, and the tennis bracelets too!

WFsp3ct.jpg

jewerlylover

Rough_Rock
It is funny that you mentioned the bangle with the solitaire from White Flash. My parents offered some diamonds that they are not using in any setting for my mom. They are checking their inventory and will probably pass some on to my SIL and me. The bigger ones and investment grade are in jewelry, but he is checking on some around 30-35 pts. How would 3 look in a bangle? Woulld they be too small for only using 3? I might be better off with the shared prong bracelet or tennis style and not use the diamonds from my parents.

green sparkle

Rough_Rock
I have a 4 carat channel set bangle (oval in shape) that I wear almost every day with everything from jeans and a polo shirt (like I did last night to the Dave Matthews concert) to my perfect "little black dress" for special occasions. I find it to be very versitile. I also have a 2 carat traditional tennis bracelet that I wear from time to time but don''t like nearly as much as my bangle. Although I loved the one that had the single diamond.

Apsara

Shiny_Rock
Channel-set tennis bracelets are very sleek and can be modern & fresh, yet still classic. I have a 6+ carat channel-set tennis bracelet and I wear it with everything. The best advice is to go tot a local jeweler and try on a varitey of bracelets to see what style best suits you.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Hey Lynn, or anyone who knows, how is the diamond in the WF single diamond bangle set? Is it bezel or tension?

jewerlylover

Rough_Rock
Green Sparkle do you have a picture of the bangle on your wrist? I have tried on many styles, but have not found one like that to try on.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/31/2006 10:25:05 PM
Author: sunkist
Hey Lynn, or anyone who knows, how is the diamond in the WF single diamond bangle set? Is it bezel or tension?
It's not bezel set on the sides because they are exposed...not sure if it's tension set OR a half bezel. The two exposed girdle edges do not have any protection. However, I asked WF about it and they said basically not to worry, because it's pretty darn hard to knock that stone around while wearing it on your wrist, unless you were punching brick walls at an ANGLE or something...so I thought...EH that's true...haha and if that was the case, I bet I wouldn't be worrying about the STONE in my bangle if my hand was all mangled!!

I am totally getting that solitaire bangle this year...it's just a matter of WHEN. I was thinking maybe 2ctw tennis bracelet or the shared prong bangle but that solitaire just stole my heart the minute I put it on my wrist. Oh it's important to note that the bracelet is an oval and it's a tighter fit...meaning that it can catch on your wrist bones depending on the size of your wrist.

The one thing I don't love about it is the big clasp, it's a little chunky and to me it doesn't really 'go' with the streamlined look of the smooth metal. You can kind of see it off to the left of the image there on my hand.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I adore that plain bangle because it is so understated. I am a jeans and flip-flops girl and I think it would look DIVINE with anything.
30.gif
I have *thought about* tennis bracelets and such, but honestly, although they ARE gorgeous, they just never truly "grabbed" me. But THIS one... *swoon*! I love how it is a tighter fit... nothing to hang down/get caught/etc.

When I was a teenager I had a small, plain, oval silver wrist bracelet that I wore ALL the time and positively ADORED. This one reminds me of that... only a more "mature" version... *with BLING*!
31.gif

jewerlylover

Rough_Rock
Do you think the solitiare bracelet would work with 3 smaller diamonds say .33-.35 ct instead of the one .50 ct? Or do you think it is best as it is?

Not that it matters, but I just had my e ring redo(can''t get good pics). It is a 1.03 ct princess cut in a halo with pave all over the ring, shank etc. Would any bracelet go with any ring? My ring has kind of antique look and this bracelet has a sleek modern look.

jewerlylover

Rough_Rock
Bumping this up. Any thoughts on the threes stones in the solitaire bracelet?

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
They would be nice......also, here''s a channel-set from facets...

channelsetfacets.jpg

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not fond of the solitaire bangle, but that''s just my opinion. I also don''t think it would look better with 3 diamonds rather than one. It would probably have to be custom made with the 3 diamond settings which could get pretty expensive. If I were you, I would go with a shared prong bangle or a 3 prong or 4 prong tennis bracelet. To me, these two bracelets go with everything, even your antique looking e-ring.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Carlotta, how much is that...I LOVE it and would, price depending, get a couple to stack on the wrist...I saw this done with white gold bangles and hammered yellow gold thin gurhan bangles, alternating...it looked great!

jewerlylover

Rough_Rock
I think you are right. I am leaning toward the shared prong bangle, just on sure of the tcw to get.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2006 1:15:51 PM
Author: jewelrylover
Do you think the solitiare bracelet would work with 3 smaller diamonds say .33-.35 ct instead of the one .50 ct? Or do you think it is best as it is?

Not that it matters, but I just had my e ring redo(can''t get good pics). It is a 1.03 ct princess cut in a halo with pave all over the ring, shank etc. Would any bracelet go with any ring? My ring has kind of antique look and this bracelet has a sleek modern look.
I think the bracelet probably looks "best" as is... with one single sparkler. BUT, I do think 3 smaller stones could be lovely, too. That would probably be a custom job, though, and might get pretty expensive. Just a thought.

Also, I do think that it might not be the best choice for wearing with a very vintage/antique look ring. I think to a certain degree matching the "styles" of our jewelry looks the best. I think you can go overboard with this (and make yourself half crazy in the meantime!) ... but I personally don''t prefer the look of say, a delicate, vintage, antique style e-ring and a thick, chunky, square (very modern) RHR. So maybe in your case, a more tennis-style bracelet might compliment your e-ring best.
Just my humble 2 cents!

Keep us posted!

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/2/2006 9:38:43 AM
Author: diamondfan
Carlotta, how much is that...I LOVE it and would, price depending, get a couple to stack on the wrist...I saw this done with white gold bangles and hammered yellow gold thin gurhan bangles, alternating...it looked great!
See if I can "link" it......

www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=3762

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2006 9:28:49 AM
Author: Carlotta
They would be nice......also, here''s a channel-set from facets...
this is my vote: understated, delicate and could be added to.................with others of different colors

jewerlylover

Rough_Rock
That bracelet is beautiful and think it would be great, but it is a little out my budget. I was shooting for 3,000 or 3,500.
23.gif

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/2/2006 9:54:11 AM
That bracelet is beautiful and think it would be great, but it is a little out my budget. I was shooting for 3,000 or 3,500.
23.gif
which one????
33.gif

jewerlylover

Rough_Rock
The channel set one from Facets

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/2/2006 10:06:45 AM
The channel set one from Facets
but that one is around $2700, right?????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results