shape
carat
color
clarity

Every now & then people restore your faith in humanity

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I just saw something super amazing happen here where I work. A dealer at the antique mall I work at specializes in rare antique coins.

She was in rearranging her stuff on Monday. Then, later that day, we got a call from a gentleman at a pharmacy in Seattle. He found a coin on the floor with a tag on it with three cities in small print listed at the top of the price tag. The price tag was for $4000 and it was clearly a rare solid gold coin.

He called, said he''d googled the three cities listed on the tag and found our website. And perhaps did we know of a $4000 coin missing? We instantly thought of the coin dealer, knowing she had one, and called her.

"Oh. I took it out today- I can bring it back if you want." So we suggested she check and see if she had it. Of course she didn''t, it had fallen out of her pocket or something at the pharmacy.

I couldn''t believe the man who was kind enough to try to track the owner of the coin down- and to go to all the trouble when all he had was three random cities printed on the price tag for a clue. I mean, because we use that price tag in all three antique malls in three cities so we don''t even have our business name on it.

All I can say is that if the dealer doesn''t think to give him a reward I''m gonna pay for a gift cert out of pocket for him. It seriously was one of the coolest, most honest things I''ve ever seen anyone do.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
yeah i agree that was pretty cool. there arent alot of people out there that would go through all the trouble, but it makes me feel good that they are still out there. honestly, i would have tried to find the owner, but i dont know how much time i would take. it seems that he must have spent alot since there was no information. i prolly would have went to the nearest antique dealer and if it wasnt theirs i dont know what id do.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 7:06:58 PM
Author:LittleGreyKitten
I just saw something super amazing happen here where I work. A dealer at the antique mall I work at specializes in rare antique coins.

She was in rearranging her stuff on Monday. Then, later that day, we got a call from a gentleman at a pharmacy in Seattle. He found a coin on the floor with a tag on it with three cities in small print listed at the top of the price tag. The price tag was for $4000 and it was clearly a rare solid gold coin.

He called, said he''d googled the three cities listed on the tag and found our website. And perhaps did we know of a $4000 coin missing? We instantly thought of the coin dealer, knowing she had one, and called her.

''Oh. I took it out today- I can bring it back if you want.'' So we suggested she check and see if she had it. Of course she didn''t, it had fallen out of her pocket or something at the pharmacy.

I couldn''t believe the man who was kind enough to try to track the owner of the coin down- and to go to all the trouble when all he had was three random cities printed on the price tag for a clue. I mean, because we use that price tag in all three antique malls in three cities so we don''t even have our business name on it.

All I can say is that if the dealer doesn''t think to give him a reward I''m gonna pay for a gift cert out of pocket for him. It seriously was one of the coolest, most honest things I''ve ever seen anyone do.
You just made my day!what goes around comes around and this mans honestly will create good....look what its done for us on the forum already!I hope he gets some type of reward...i would give my business to this guy because of his integrity.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, that is awesome!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a great story!! I love hearing things like this. That is awesome!!! Thanks for sharing it with us!!!!
1.gif

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks for sharing, that was a very uplifting story. there ARE good people out there!
37.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Ditto to the others! But, i have to say. There was a time when this would have been completely ordinary. It''s a shame that our world has more people who would keep the coin! Thanks for sharing, it reminds us that there are some good ones still out there!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Great story! I love hearing about those kinds of things.

Reminds me of something that happened to me years ago. I was about to leave Hong Kong to go back home to California after a family vacation. My parents were staying on longer and my dad accompanied me to the airport. We were in a rush and took a cab. When I got to the ticket counter, I discovered that I had left my purse in the taxi. Luckily, I had my plane ticket in my duffel bag and since it was too late to do anything, I boarded the plane. About a week later, I received a telegram. The first and probably only telegram I'll ever receive! Who sends those anymore? Anyway, it was from a person who said he found my purse and wanted to know how he could return it to me. Can you believe that?!? My parents were still in Hong Kong and he met up with them to give them my purse. Everything was intact, down to the last penny. Turns out that person was the son of the cab driver. To this day, when I think about that story, I am still amazed at how incredibly kind people can be and remind myself to pay it forward whenever I can.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results