shape
carat
color
clarity

European Cut Stud Questions...

Volvoqueen

Shiny_Rock
I wanted to get a pair of European studs, bezel set in Rose gold for myself as a pushing present. I was gong to contact JBEG but first wanted to get all you pricescopers thoughts.

What kind of price should I be looking at for total carat weight 0.8-1.2, J/K/L color, eye clean. I want to set these in a rose gold bezel studs which I think will help mask any warmth from the stones.

I'm more concerned with light performance and "sparkle" than color or clarity.

Anything I should be look at or watch out for? Thoughts?

Thank you in advance!

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is just a personal opinion, but for studs I prefer MRBs because I think the sparkle is more "visible" than OECs. This is not to knock OECs, I love them and my e-ring is an OEC, but I had a pair of .50tcw Ks and I continually gravitated toward my MRB studs that were smaller because I felt like when I saw myself in the mirror, the MRBs had more flash. Have you seen OEC studs before? I don't want you to be disappointed if you are looking for "sparkle."

To answer your question - pricing is obviously relative. What I would pay for a pair of studs would depend on so many factors, such as how well the OECs matched (much harder to find than you think), cut, facet pattern, culets. I think it's easier to say what a pair of MRB studs are "worth" or what you "should" pay because they are more standard.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results